more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Saturday Fulham Stuff (06/07/13)...

Started by WhiteJC, July 06, 2013, 04:32:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Brede Hangeland pleased to start pre-season training with Fulham

Brede Hangeland has said that the first day of pre-season training with Fulham was "very good".

The squad took part in its first session in preparation for the 2013-14 Premier League season this morning.

The club's captain told fulhamfc.com: "It's very good to be back and it's nice to be with the boys again. I think everyone has had a good break so we're ready to go again.

"It's nice weather so it was a great day to start pre-season. I think everyone enjoyed it, it wasn't too hard so we were easing ourselves back into it and everyone looked fit and happy, so everything's good.

"We were using the new training gear today and everyone was really pleased with it so we look forward to training in it throughout the season and, of course, we're keen to try out the new Home Kit in the upcoming matches as it looks and feels great."

Fulham head to Costa Rica for a series of pre-season fixtures next week.

http://www.sportsmole.co.uk/football/fulham/news/hangeland-pleased-to-start-pre-season-training_92186.html

WhiteJC

Ghana midfielder Frimpong yet to join Arsenal pre-season

Ghana international midfielder Emmanuel Frimpong is yet to join his team-mates at Arsenal for their pre-season training due to injury, Ghanasoccernet.com can confirm.

The 21-year-old spent the second half of last season at Fulham where he made six appearances for the Cottagers.

Frimpong is expected to automatically revert to Arsenal after his loan spell but he not yet joined his team-mates because of injury.

He picked his injury in Fulham's final game of last season against Swansea City in the 67th minute and missed Ghana's World Cup qualifiers against Sudan and Lesotho.

The future of the former England U16 captain is unclear as Fulham boss Martin Jol was reportedly pondering a move for him.

As it stands now, he will not on the plane to Asia with Arsenal next week as the Gunners step up their pre-season with a tour of Asia.

Ghanasoccernet.com checks reveal the hard-tackling midfielder is still on holidays with friends.

http://www.ghanasoccernet.com/ghana-midfielder-frimpong-yet-to-join-arsenal-pre-season/?

WhiteJC

Hangeland hails start of pre-season

Fulham skipper Brede Hangeland has expressed his delight at meeting up again with his team-mates for the start of pre-season training.

Hangeland and the rest of the squad were put through their paces in the beaming sunshine at Motspur Park this morning after returning from their summer holidays to prepare for the new campaign. The Norwegian was greeted by a number of familiar faces in addition to Martin Jol's two summer signings as the group eased their way back into things, before the real hard work starts ahead of next month's big kick-off. The defender told the club's official website: "It's very good to be back and it's nice to be with the boys again. I think everyone has had a good break so we're ready to go again.

"It's nice weather so it was a great day to start pre-season. I think everyone enjoyed it - it wasn't too hard and everyone looked fit and happy, so everything's good. "Maarten Stekelenburg was here and Derek Boateng also so it was good to meet them. They seem like nice guys and we're happy to have them here."

The squad are due to continue their preparations at Motspur for the next few days, before jetting out to Costa Rica, to play a trio of friendlies against local sides. Hangeland admits it's a trip he and his team-mates are really looking forward to, given the exotic setting.

He added: "There are plenty of places you can go in the world but I'm sure that, apart from Bryan Ruiz, most of us won't have been to Costa Rica before, so I'm looking forward to that.

"Most importantly, though, we're there to do some good training. Bryan's told us how nice a place it is and that it's going to be warm, with good conditions, so it's something that we're all quite excited about."

Read more at: http://www.clubcall.com/fulham/hangeland-hails-start-of-pre-season-1604966.html?