watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Joyeaux Anniversaire to the real Moussa Dembele

Started by cmg, July 06, 2013, 06:50:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cmg

Moussa Dembele turns 17 next Friday. Those who have never seen him need not worry that he might have difficuly in being served in pubs - he is about nine foot tall and built like a block of flats. He is also, of course one of our brightest prospects.

He has given this interview to a PSG website (we signed him from PSG):

http://www.lestitisdupsg.fr/?p=12309#more-12309

My French is a bit rusty, but it is clear that he is an intelligent and confident young man, that he is happy at Fulham and determined to succeed and that PSG regret having lost him.

He says that he has settled well at Fulham and was never homesick, mainly because the Fulham players and staff made him feel at home and that his brother is in London (he doesn't say if he is a footballer too). He was reasonably happy with his first season, despite an early injury but thinks he can do better. He doesn't know which group he will play in at Fulham, but he hopes for the best. He says he is qualified for France u18 next year but reckons there is not much competition there and so hopes he will play for the u19s (told you he was confident!).

He doesn't regret leaving PSG (although he is still fond of the club and thanks their staff and supporters) although he says that English football (and training) is much more physical, something to do with the culture, he thinks!

Question 11 is MOST interesting.
The interviewer asks:'Lots of people thought you left for the money. What do you say to that?'
Moussa answers:'I have a career plan. I came to London to enjoy playing, to improve my game and to do everything I can to become a professional footballer. This is something I will do on July 12, the day of my 17th birthday. You can't sign a pro contract in England before you're 17. Now tell me, Which of these two clubs has the most money? I am at Fulham to work, to improve and to play.'

If my French is up to it (and I stand to be corrected) - this is probably the best news we have had this week.

FC Silver Fox

ce n'est pas mal, cmg. Un excellent résumé. Ton français n'est pas si mauvais que ça.
Finn and Corked Hat, you are forever part of the family.