more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Just stumbled across this on Twitter

Started by Rhys Lightning 63, July 12, 2013, 11:56:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rhys Lightning 63

trevor bailey ‏@clevacfc2

If this khan breezes into Fulham we could have noisy neighbours next season & they could be prem lg version of monaco

So Chelsea fans are starting to get worried that we can usurp them as the #1 team in SW6
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

FFC1987

Let's not get too carried away in speculation.

Junichi

Oh dear. Can we have our Falcao now then please?

EJL

Hahaha, talk about money going to your head (money the club doesn't even have yet, may I add).

Sure, Khan could come in and spend £100 million on new players, but we'd sooner be the next Portsmouth than rival Chelsea.

MasterHaynes

lookingat his record in Jacksonville he doesn'tappear to be someone who will try and buy immediate success, hopefuly a good fit if it is in fact him who buys us.

shnlwswlkr

1 chelsea fan who posts barely anything...
Twitter - @shnlwswlkr

hazzaffc

I dont want to be a monaco, spending stupid money. I wanna push on a little and spend a bit more money. But dont wanna turn into something like psg\monaco

ToodlesMcToot

We won't be a Monaco or PSG. Khan is not an oil sheik or a russian oligarch. The owners of those french teams have tens of billions of dollars to play with. So does Abromovich.

Shad Khan is worth about double what MAF is.

I don't think the rest of Europe needs to start quivering in their boots at the thought of a coming Fulham onslaught just yet.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

westcliff white

i don't care when he comes of if he comes, all that's bothering me is this is bound to be having an effect on the signings, you can see why kahn would not want any activity, but we need to make sure we get people in for the positions we need.

It has to happen soon or we could be struggling player wise. having said that while we are in Costa Rica I would expect very little in the way of signings. hopefully all sorted before we return.
Every day is a Fulham day

Admin

To me, all this take over will do, is hopefully rubber stamp our existence in the Premiership for another decade to come - if it goes well.

Like above, Khan doesn't have the wealth of Abromovich who currently stands at 14.5 billion, Khan at 2.5 billion, only 1 billion richer than Fayed.

Of course the take over will bring new money, but not enough to compete with the Elite of the Premiership, or the Champions League.

What we can expect is new blood, new ways and new ideas from from a guy that is 22 years younger than Fayed. Possibly even more done with Craven Cottage.

I'll be happy if Khan installs some kind of stability into Fulham, grows the fan base even more and has us flirting with Europe most seasons.

I don't think either Citeh or Chelsea will have anything to worry about.

DevonFFC

Quote from: Admin on July 12, 2013, 01:35:39 PM
To me, all this take over will do, is hopefully rubber stamp our existence in the Premiership for another decade to come - if it goes well.

Like above, Khan doesn't have the wealth of Abromovich who currently stands at 14.5 billion, Khan at 2.5 billion, only 1 billion richer than Fayed.

Of course the take over will bring new money, but not enough to compete with the Elite of the Premiership, or the Champions League.

What we can expect is new blood, new ways and new ideas from from a guy that is 22 years younger than Fayed. Possibly even more done with Craven Cottage.

I'll be happy if Khan installs some kind of stability into Fulham, grows the fan base even more and has us flirting with Europe most seasons.

Only a billion ey? Do have no concept of what that is in regards to wealth... It's just zeros at that point they will never worry they could spunk £500 million and make it back in interest within a few months

Aaron

Quote from: ollienixs on July 12, 2013, 01:42:02 PM

Only a billion ey? Do have no concept of what that is in regards to wealth... It's just zeros at that point they will never worry they could spunk £500 million and make it back in interest within a few months

I'm guessing they don't share your "Sure it's only money" approach..

Admin

Quote from: ollienixs on July 12, 2013, 01:42:02 PM

No, I never went to school and learn my Millions/Billions... so thanks for highlighting it in big bold letters and giving me a personal tutorial. How much do I owe you for that? 1,000 Millions, or shall we call it a round Billion?

I was simply pointing out to people that Khan only has 1 more Billion as apposed to Fayeds current wealth. People automatically think he's up there with the Abromovich's, which he isn't, so don't expect us to be mixing it with the Elite any time soon.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: hazzaffc on July 12, 2013, 01:12:22 PM
I dont want to be a monaco, spending stupid money. I wanna push on a little and spend a bit more money. But dont wanna turn into something like psg\monaco
Me too. I don't want us to splash out like a top 4 team. We're too small a club, that leaves us completely dependant on the owner. If he gets bored we're stuffed

ron

Who remembers a certain Eric and Ernie breezing in and promising to project us to greatness....?

We have to be very careful what we wish for..