https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Boys of '75

Started by Apprentice to the Maestro, July 07, 2013, 11:12:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Apprentice to the Maestro

A video has been put up on the official club web site 

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2013/july/07/the-boys-of-75

about the group who took us to the F.A. Cup final with interesting and warm reminiscences about Alec Stock.

keith

I've just watched, brilliant.

LBNo11

...great to see this, so many memories, what a team:-

The Boys of '75 - Fultime Preview
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

The Equalizer

Outstanding!

Strangely enough, I was sitting in a boozer in Chelmsford today and some bloke, who could only have been in his 20s, had a West Ham 'Wembley 75' shirt on. I was almost sick.
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

Holders

Fantastic to see some of the lads again. I shall never forget Mitch's goal against Birmingham - we were all thinking about the next replay at Arsenal when somehow it went in. Magical!

It's true what Ken Craggs said about the Final, though, we just seemed overwhelmed on the day and definitely missed Les Strong, especially when you consider the position from which WH got their goals.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Lighthouse

Funny to see these heroes again. The wonderful cup run that just went on and on. The semi final replay that I can still remember the hairs on the back of my neck reacking to the sky when Mitchel scored. The Shoot Magazine and the papers collected in the lead up to the final.

Yeah great days and great people.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

bobbo

I just watched the clip and its great , sure takes me back and I felt compelled to tell a little story.I went to nearly all the games in the cup run that year and at the quarter final in carlisle whilst walking back to  the station my little group of buddies were set upon by about 15 youngsters some wearing crash helmets ( but too young to ride bikes ) I was kicked from behind whilst leaning on some railings and the kid ran away having turned round to my pal who was also being attacked I was kicked again this time I managed to trip the culprit up and whilst bending down to grab him a copper grabbed me and the kid ran away.They nicked me , took me back to the carlisle police station photo the whole bit.I just managed to catch the last train back to london.But wait for it I was summond to appear in court and travelled up to carlisle for it , I fought the copper verbally ( with a lot of prior advice ) in court and beat him and got expenses.But we still never won that bloody cup
1975 just leaving home full of hope

fulhamborn and proud

just a great video, made me think of all those happy days watching those players

LesStrongsFarrahs

Excellent work by the current Fulham programme editor Tom Harvey.  A man of respect and dignity.  I understand the 6 pages feature in Fultime is an incredibly well structured, thought-provoking and, dare I say, arrogant feature.   

cmg

Lovely stuff. Real nice people, too. It's what Fulham's all about.

One or two random observations:

How modest is LB no.11 (the real one)? They should have asked him if that Birmingham right-back had caught up with him yet.

A great team photo, all kitted out in their flash nice new boots. And therein must lie a story. I think the boots were Stylo Matchmakers (George Best wore them - or, at least, advertised them). Later team photos show most of the team in the usual Adidas and I'm pretty sure that in the Final they all wore blacked out boots, so there must have been some financial dealery going on.

Me and my mates always referred to John Fraser as 'Frankie'. I don't suppose anyone else did. After all we were all pretty stupid in those days, and Fraser always seemed quite sane and not at all vicious.

The picture of the Maine Road goal must be one of the best ever Fulham pictures. The great thing is that the ball is travelling so slowly (although not quite so slowly as everyone now remembers it. It did make the back of the net...eventually) that everyone in the picture is already reacting to what is about to happen. Mitch is about to burst into that big grin, Latchford knows that his dreams have just gone down the toilet and the Birmingham man standing up is just about to burst into tears. Just behind his head, somewhere in that dark, vast Kippax terrace is a thin(-ish) me, with hair, already going berserk.