watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Merged threads: MAF to sell the club?

Started by Bryanthebroom, July 09, 2013, 10:37:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brown@FFC

If this is true, I would like to thank MAF for everything that he has put into the club. I know it's just a rumour, but, the fact that he has wiped the debts and has started the process of expanding the stadium, all making the club more attractive, and the fact that there has been moderate investment in the past years, I would believe these rumours. At his age, and our stable league status, it's the best time. I'm guessing originally that his son was meant to take over, but maybe he doesn't want to. Whoever the owner is, would like him not to be an idiot, and also someone who would be willing to invest a larger sum of money.

zander

They cant even get our transfers correct! I'm fed up with this constantly woeful and lazy journalism

The Rock

Brownffc - I share your thoughts. Maf has always been a business man. Can't believe he's 84. Going from Man Utd of the south to thin wages and short term contracts (7 or so loans last season) this all makes perfect sense if it true. Whoever buys the club, if he sells it, yank or otherwise, assumedly has real interest in buying a Premier league club and keeping it there! Apart from Blackburn and Pompey and maybe a few others. Ok thanks.

KP_FFC

i hope what happened to blackburn doesnt happen to us

Me-ate-Live, innit??

You don't suppose he will take the MJ statue ???, I had better get a wriggle on and get a ticket foe the Real Betis for one last look
just in case  like ................

cebu

So I guess it's the football silly season for reporters too!   :022:

Sammyffc

HatterDon

Bigger talking point than the 4-page thread dealing with the same topic?
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Berserker

Wouldn't be surprised if this rumour were true, all the signs have been there for a while. When the club coverted his debt to equity i thought mmm easier to sell the club now. Planning permission on the stand makes the club a more attractive buy plus not much spending on players last season, all pointed to something like this
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

MasterHaynes

Why am I not be surprised that the Mirror out of all the red tops has a shoddy story about Mo wanting to sell Fulham. they even get basic facts that are public knowledge wrong ...
'Fulham have only signed three players, all on Bosmans - Maarten Stekelenburg, Derek Boateng and Fernando Amorebieta'.
Every summer just as the players return they run some story that tries to unsettle the club, their West Ham loving chief football writer usually follows it up with a prediction that we will be relegated.
Their credibility is minimal where Fulham is concerned, every story thats undermines FFC generally starts in the Mirror so I'm taking this one with a big chunk of salt.

Drake44444

Quote from: Berserker on July 10, 2013, 06:47:01 AM
Wouldn't be surprised if this rumour were true, all the signs have been there for a while. When the club coverted his debt to equity i thought mmm easier to sell the club now. Planning permission on the stand makes the club a more attractive buy plus not much spending on players last season, all pointed to something like this

Excellent points. I agree completely.  This is goign to happen it looks like.

The Equalizer

If there is any truth in this, and I'm seriously sceptical about any of it, then I doubt that Mohammed Al Fayed, having spent so much time and energy getting the club to where we are today, will just go and sell up to the first clown who opens his chequebook.

There were many stories of him handing the club to one of his kids. I would seriously prefer this to being sold off like a used car.
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

TheDaddy

And i thought it was only me who had wind this morning !
"Well blow me if it wasnt the badger who did it "

The Equalizer

Quote from: MasterHaynes on July 10, 2013, 06:54:10 AM
Why am I not be surprised that the Mirror out of all the red tops has a shoddy story about Mo wanting to sell Fulham. they even get basic facts that are public knowledge wrong ...
'Fulham have only signed three players, all on Bosmans - Maarten Stekelenburg, Derek Boateng and Fernando Amorebieta'.
Every summer just as the players return they run some story that tries to unsettle the club, their West Ham loving chief football writer usually follows it up with a prediction that we will be relegated.
Their credibility is minimal where Fulham is concerned, every story thats undermines FFC generally starts in the Mirror so I'm taking this one with a big chunk of salt.

:plus one:

Nailed!
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

MasterHaynes

Quote from: TheDaddy on July 10, 2013, 07:16:15 AM
And i thought it was only me who had wind this morning !
BURP!!! I shall now go back to my corner and sit quietly.

westcliff white

whilst there is also a thread for this, it should be noted a similar story is in the mail and the telegraph.
Every day is a Fulham day

grandad

:plus one:

This possible sale has always been on the cards. I am sure Mo won´t sell to just anyone. His heart is still in the club. Mo is 84 & I would not want the pressures of running a multi million pound company. Happy retirement Mo. You will never, ever be forgotten.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Southcoastffc

Whatever happens, in my view MAF has made himself the biggest legend Fulham has ever known, on or off the field.  If the stories are true, I trust him to do the best for Fulham FC and I thank him for what he has done for making Fulham such a special club.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

gerrys

Quote from: Brown@FFC on July 10, 2013, 12:39:01 AM
If this is true, I would like to thank MAF for everything that he has put into the club. I know it's just a rumour, but, the fact that he has wiped the debts and has started the process of expanding the stadium, all making the club more attractive, and the fact that there has been moderate investment in the past years, I would believe these rumours. At his age, and our stable league status, it's the best time. I'm guessing originally that his son was meant to take over, but maybe he doesn't want to. Whoever the owner is, would like him not to be an idiot, and also someone who would be willing to invest a larger sum of money.

Agreed..............my only worry is that we end up with someone with more money than sense who would ditch the club when he doesn't fancy keeping it any more, with all the debts that he may have incurred. MAF really wanted to put the club on a secure financial platform.

Apprentice to the Maestro

Your points are all reasonable but, alternatively, the conversion of debt to shares could be associated with the new financial rules, the planning permission for the new stand part of the long term development plan and the lack of spending due to circumstances (for example, we would have spent on Stekelenburg and Boateng last season plus others seemed to have been in the pipeline but all fell through).

Which of these scenarios turns out to be true we will learn in the coming weeks.