watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

And its official - Shahid Khan Agrees Deal

Started by Pev, July 12, 2013, 09:20:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bassey the warrior

Said all the right things, but I'm wary. If he keeps and backs Jol financially I'll be pleased. I'm neither expecting nor desiring him to spend like QPR. If we can spend enough to bring in a good creative midfielder and a few squad players I'll be pleased. Java needs proper competition as does Berba and Ruiz.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: Apprentice to the Maestro on July 12, 2013, 11:14:36 PM
Quote from: Ordar on July 12, 2013, 10:12:42 PM
From his quotes, it doesn't seem like there will be the large investment. Everything else Shad says is very good though. Wonder if he'll be at the news conference tomorrow

I won't be disappointed. Do we need or want a large investment?

Mo has set us on a steady path. Yes, a boost in funding to get us the creative midfielder that we need for the next 3-5 years and maybe the extra goalscorer but otherwise regular team upgrading, increased emphasis on youth and let success gradually attract better players as we generally have over the past few years would seem to best suit our style and circumstances.
I should've read this before I posted the same thing.

Bassey the warrior

Rambler

In his opening statement I really hope he doesn't say 'I'm proud to be the new owner of this fantastic SOCCER club'

No, no, no.. 'Football' please

deeffc

Mo deserves massive respect for what he's done for the club, not only whilst chairman but also in cutting down the debt and handing the club over to Khan who I believe will do a really strong job. I don't expect him to flash money around at all, but he is committed and thorough and will seek to build the future of the club safely. When taking over at the Jaguars who are garbage, he stressed the importance of not making snap decisions but evaluating and improving from the ground up. Nothing can be taken for granted but we could have done much, much worse.

It's a fair point to suggest he is seeking to make the most of the London links but it's hard to see him making such a big investment and putting his reputation, which he values highly, on the line to merely give the Jaguars a slight boost. He also turned down the opportunity to sign Tebow, a cult hero among some fans, as he isn't good enough. I don't forsee Khan being keen to sign mediocre American players to please fans across the water.

Apprentice to the Maestro

Quote from: The Moose on July 12, 2013, 11:20:46 PM
Quote from: Apprentice to the Maestro on July 12, 2013, 11:14:36 PM
Quote from: Ordar on July 12, 2013, 10:12:42 PM
From his quotes, it doesn't seem like there will be the large investment. Everything else Shad says is very good though. Wonder if he'll be at the news conference tomorrow

I won't be disappointed. Do we need or want a large investment?

Mo has set us on a steady path. Yes, a boost in funding to get us the creative midfielder that we need for the next 3-5 years and maybe the extra goalscorer but otherwise regular team upgrading, increased emphasis on youth and let success gradually attract better players as we generally have over the past few years would seem to best suit our style and circumstances.
I should've read this before I posted the same thing.

We would have both been typing at the same time. It is good sometimes on here to have people agreeing rather than contradicting each other for a change!

The Equalizer

Quote from: KP_FFC on July 12, 2013, 10:58:25 PM
hope his arrival doesnt bring annyoing new 'bangwagon' fans

You mean like the 'McBride' or the 'Dempsey' bunch, or similar, who happen to still be with us since the players left? Yeah, I really hate it when new people come to support Fulham, we could do with culling 25,000 supporters and going back to the old days when it was small and friendly.

Christ...
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

The King

The arrival of Antti Niemi, Shefki Kuqi, Roy Hodgson and Toni Kallio brought me here along many others. The promotion to the Premier League brought new supporters in, as well as the success in the Europa League. Us, them, we're all bangwagon fans as you like to call them.

Apprentice to the Maestro

If this generates new fans then they will almost certainly be coming as new fans of the whole club.

Many new fans come following a particular player and convert to being fans of the whole club. They are a great benefit to the club and message boards like this. When someone comes who is obsessed with (rather than merely following) then we can get problems but fortunately they are a small, if noisy and irksome, minority.

MayoDomo

I don't post here much, but as an American supporter who has access to shitty ESPN spots news every day, I can tell you he is one of the more liked owners in the NFL, and as a Muslim in America, that is extremely impressive.  I do believe he will be a great owner and am very excited. I'm also attending the same university in the same department so it's exciting for me too!

Here's a bit of 60 minutes.
http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=50134050n
For Fulham News, Opinions, and Streaming Updates Follow me at https://twitter.com/MayoDomo!

FFCSteve

I really hope this means FFC can move forward. I am a Mo admirer, he has done a wonderful job for our club! But I feel we have been at a stand still or even slipped back recently. Lets hope MJ is given money to spend on some decent players soon. Don't think I can handle another roller-coaster ride next season! We should not be relegation fodder!

Does this mean the Jackson statue is history?
COYW!!! Bring back Rene! But I do like Slav!

dino1828

Khan is a great owner and will do great things there, looking forward to wacthing 2 football teams in 2 days in october!

The Bronsons

Quote from: FFCSteve on July 12, 2013, 11:58:49 PM
Does this mean the Jackson statue is history?

I just got it. The Jacksonville owner offered for the Jackson statue. Mo sold FFC as part of a job lot. We move, the statue stays.

farfouille

Quote from: The Equalizer on July 12, 2013, 11:25:29 PM

You mean like the 'McBride' or the 'Dempsey' bunch, or similar, who happen to still be with us since the players left? Yeah, I really hate it when new people come to support Fulham, we could do with culling 25,000 supporters and going back to the old days when it was small and friendly.

Christ...

I, for one, became a Fulham supporter thanks to Berbatov, I admit it, and I am 100% sure I will stay a Fulham supporter even after he retires. OK, I am probably part of a minority but a few minorities could increase significantly the fan base.

Just proving your point.
"Everybody's assuming [Berbatov will go] but as far as I know he is a Man United player....my mistake. Oh my God. He's a Fulham player."
- Rene Meulensteen

Me-ate-Live, innit??

Quote from: farfouille on July 13, 2013, 12:14:59 AM

Christ...

I, for one, became a Fulham supporter thanks to Berbatov, I admit it, and I am 100% sure I will stay a Fulham supporter even after he retires. OK, I am probably part of a minority but a few minorities could increase significantly the fan base.

Just proving your point.

You take no notice of    67 post KP_FFC...................
and The Moose is just a reindeer in disguise

Lighthouse

I hope we have many fans looking us over and I hope we give them a warm welcome. I for one will be paying more attention to a sport I only watch sometimes and support the Jags.

It is a new era. I feel very sad that the greatest era in our history is being closed. But I have no fear of a Clay or a Bulstrode type taking over. We have a new custodian and wish him all the best and welcome. Here is to another great era for Fulham.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

The Equalizer

Quote from: Lighthouse on July 13, 2013, 12:34:59 AM
I hope we have many fans looking us over and I hope we give them a warm welcome. I for one will be paying more attention to a sport I only watch sometimes and support the Jags.

It is a new era. I feel very sad that the greatest era in our history is being closed. But I have no fear of a Clay or a Bulstrode type taking over. We have a new custodian and wish him all the best and welcome. Here is to another great era for Fulham.

You're really missing Blingo aren't you?  :005:
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

Lighthouse

Quote from: The Equalizer on July 13, 2013, 12:37:18 AM
Quote from: Lighthouse on July 13, 2013, 12:34:59 AM

You're really missing Blingo aren't you?  :005:

:012: I really am. Playing the good AND bad cop is doing my head in.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

farfouille

Quote from: KCat on July 13, 2013, 12:21:09 AM
Quote from: farfouille on July 13, 2013, 12:14:59 AM

Christ...

Just proving your point.

You take no notice of    67 post KP_FFC...................
and The Moose is just a reindeer in disguise

Well, 1 post out of 67 posts is 1.5% of all his posts so clearly those 'bangwagon' fans really annoy him. :)
Anyway, I wanted to mention that The Equalizer is right not that KP_FFC/The Moose are wrong (I mean, I can't argue that they are annoyed). :)
"Everybody's assuming [Berbatov will go] but as far as I know he is a Man United player....my mistake. Oh my God. He's a Fulham player."
- Rene Meulensteen

Aaron

Quote from: KCat on July 12, 2013, 11:09:28 PM

I hope loads of them do and I would love to see The Jaguars playing at The Cottage .................is it long enough ?????

There is not any mission of this ever happening, not a chance of it.. Sidelines aren't big enough, facilities don't exist and more importantly you can fit another 50,000 pay £100 or more a ticket into Wembley. 

Not sure why everyone think's we're going NFL now, especially when the seasons overlap :)