watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Mohammed Al Fayed Thank You Thread

Started by The Equalizer, July 12, 2013, 09:51:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Rock

Thank you maf. He has left on top, and has brought passion and happiness to us all and left in the best of form in the way he exited the club.

Count Berbatov

I am not quite a Fulham supporter, but I too feel moved. Almost as when Sir Alex announced his retirement. This is your Alex Ferguson. You should have a stand named after him and a statue put outside. Hope your American owner brings you more luck and money than ours
God bless you Chairman Mo :-)

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2
Berbatov has Cantona's knack of being the man amid a stampede towards the door who stops to notice a side exit that nobody else has seen.

Jonathan Northcroft on Berbatov:  "...like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons from a deckchair"

Snibbo

Quote from: Stefano Okaka Chuka on July 13, 2013, 12:41:12 AM
A brilliant and eccentric man that was ideally suited to our beautiful and quirky club. A man we will sorely miss at the helm of our glorious club...Thank you for everything Mo.
Says it all. A colourful character in a world full of bland bureaucrats.

ealex40

Quote from: Lighthouse on July 13, 2013, 12:23:07 AM
There have been times when life got in the way of Fulham both for Mr Fayed and the rest of us. But his ownership,showmanship and fun he has brought to our club will never ever be forgotten. Not only has HIS Fulham played the most exciting football at times but I no longer think of us as anything but A Premier team. Madness when I think of the years of fighting against Doncaster and Bury and Rochdale and Brentford etc.

So thankyou Sir. When the World has turned its back, there was a time when Fulham was just another problem for the fans. Now its a haven and a place to enjoy and look forward to. Mr Al Fayed will never know just how important he is to many of us. Thankyou for everything and a long and happy retirement. But don't make a stranger of yourself.

Al Fayed will always be Fulham and the greatest part of its history.

I couldn't have said it better. The fans would want to be given the chance to thank MAF for everything he has done for our club. He rescued us from oblivion and we should all be so grateful that he was willing to invest so much in Fulham. Hopefully, the new owner will become as passionate about the club as MAF and fend off, for a very long time, the criticism that is bound to come eventually from the many fickle contributors to this message board.  076.gif

JHunter_Fulham4Life

MAF, you helped make us a mainstay. And although the money's been thin the last couple of years, we have had the tools to be a fixture in the Prem, even in the age of Man City. But as QPR most amply demonstrated, money isn't everything. This club scraps, and it does have the best supporters in the league (even if most of them don't like getting on trains). You made all that possible, MAF, and if I had my way, MJ would come down tomorrow and we'd have you in his place. Good luck, much love, long life, and great grandchildren!  049:gif

Adam87

First time I have seen the riverside new stand (if we stay at the cottage) being renamed the mohammed al fayed stand in the media - near end of the article....

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/confirmed-fulham-sold-billionaire-shahid-2049107

twang

It's weird when you feel like you've lost a close friend when, in reality, a chairman that you've never even met is just stepping down. That's how much the great man means.

Words can't describe my gratitude, but still - Thank you for everything, Mohamed Al Fayed.

Take me home, Al Fayed...

hongkongfulham

Thanks Mo you LEGEND! Cannot say thank you enough!

From Steve Hayward to Dimi Berbatov, what a time it has been.

HatterDon

Quote from: Apprentice to the Maestro on July 12, 2013, 10:30:16 PM
When the records are reviewed it will show Mohammed Al Fayed as one of the great Chairman of all time, not just of Fulham but of any football club.

And he did it while holding on to the spirit of the club through changing times.

Thank you.

I don't think there's any doubt about this. His tenure was nothing short of amazing, and will be impossible to repeat.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

JackyFulham90

Very sad to see Mo go, what a legend he really has been for Fulham if anyone deserves a statue he does

nevzter

As others have expressed in heartfelt gratitude, I as well, thank you, Mr. Fayed.  What a long, strange trip, it's been...

Gracias y vaya con Dios, senor.  You've earned it.
"To get back my youth I would do anything in the world, except take exercise, get up early, or be respectable."

watfordwhite

Dear Mo, others have already said things better that I can. But please accept this personal thank you for all you have done for Fulham. You are a legend and should be recognized in a fitting way .
Once again thank you for a great 16 years, we trust you judgement in our new owner. please enjoy a great retirement, and come back to see us soon.  065.gif
Welcome Mr Shahid. 076.gif

grandad

There are no further new words I can offer. Probably the finest owner any club could want and I don´t mean just from the money side.
He will be remembered for ever & revered for all time.

Thankyou Mo.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Classic94

Words can't do his tenure justice.

A brilliant & charismatic chairman who, over the past 16 years, orchestrated some of the best times in the club's history. He plucked us from the gutters of English football and delivered premier league stability, European success & some truly great memories. Fair to say, we wouldn't be where we are today without his contributions. In a world of dull corporate characters, he was a breath of fresh air.

I'd like to thank Al-Fayed for all that he has achieved at Fulham F.C  :Haynes The Maestro:

nose

MAF made my dream come true. from the jaws of oblivion to a European final!
I always liked MAF and he was the perfect chairman for us. He was unfortunately begining to look his age and I suspect he has done the right thing in retiring now.
I thank him imensely for everything.

RaySmith

You have done so much for Fulham Mr Al Fayed- rescued the club and put it in the position it's in today, a mainstay of one of the world's elite football leagues.

I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say I am  very sad to see you leave Fulham, but thank you for everything - you are unique, and will always have a  fond place in the hearts of all Fulham fans.

Kentish Gent

When you were announced as the new owner of Fulham, the cynics (me among them - hangs his head in shame!) wondered if this was just Ernie Clay Mk2. How wrong can you be. You've delivered on all your promises and can be considered the greatest figure in Fulham's history (well, maybe you have to share that accolade with Johnny Haynes). Thanks Chairman Mo. You've earned the love, respect and everlasting affection of everyone who holds Fulham dear.

Bobby2012

Mr Al Fayed have do very much for Fulham. Hope he come back to see us soon and that new chairman will continue the great work!

Thank you Mo & Welcome Mr Shahid!

Supermitch

A simple "thank you" seems so inadequate.  When MAF first came to Fulham most supporters could not believe what was happening to our beloved club.  The popular view form other clubs supporters then was that he'd be there for a couple of season, get bored and then leave us in a mess.  Well there could not have been a more opposite way in which the events happened. 

I really hope we do get the opportunity to show our appreciation at some point early this season with Mo doing a half time walk about.   049:gif

Riverside

I do hope that we can all say thank-you at a match .

And I hope that he continues as a fan .

Fulham today's is thanks to Mo and we shall never forget it .

How do we say thank-you personally - see below . I will be writing

Sarah Brookes ‏@sarahbrookes1 15h
@Fruitandvegdon via his website http://alfayed.com  he receives all correspondence.

On his site is Contact me
Members of the public
If you would like to write to me, please do so by emailing [email protected]. In all correspondence, please remember to include your name and address.