more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Saturday Fulham Stuff (13/07/13)...

Started by WhiteJC, July 13, 2013, 07:22:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Shahid Khan buys Fulham from al-Fayed

Shahid Khan, billionaire owner of the NFL's Jacksonville Jaguars, was announced on Friday night as the new owner of Premier League club Fulham.

Khan bought the club from Mohamed al-Fayed, the 85-year-old Egyptian, who has been the owner since 1997.

According to the Fulham website, the deal has been approved by the Premier League, and Khan "assumes 100 per cent ownership of the club, debt-free, as of today." "My time of serving as the custodian of Fulham football club would one day come to an end, and I feel that time has now arrived," al-Fayed told the club's website.

"The time is right because I have found a very good man in Shahid Khan to accept the responsibility and privilege that I have enjoyed at Fulham since 1997. Fulham will be in very good hands with Shahid, whose success in business and passion for sport is very evident."

"Fulham is the perfect club at the perfect time for me," Khan said. "I want to be clear, I do not view myself so much as the owner of Fulham but a custodian of the club on behalf of its fans. My priority is to ensure the club and Craven Cottage each has a viable and sustainable Premier League future that fans of present and future generations can be proud of."

He vowed to manage the club's finances and operational affairs "with prudence and care," making youth development and community programmes "fundamentally important elements of Fulham's future."

http://www.thehindu.com/sport/football/shahid-khan-buys-fulham-from-alfayed/article4911422.ece?

WhiteJC

Jol: It's Great To Be Here

Manager Martin Jol and captain Brede Hangeland are pleased to have landed in Costa Rica and are keen to use the games to prepare for the new Barclays Premier League season.

Jol's men play C.S. Cartagines on Sunday, before taking on Bryan Ruiz's old club L.D. Alajuelense on Wednesday and then a match against Deportivo Saprissa next Saturday sees them finish the tour.

"We expect to play three very good games, for us it is wonderful to be here," Jol said. "The facilities are good, we started training today and tomorrow we have two sessions and we play the first game on Sunday."

When asked about our Costa Rica international, Ruiz, and whether he would play much of a part in the games with the national side in CONCACAF Gold Cup action this week, Jol added: "It's nice for Bryan that we are here and he will be in the first two games. We will have to speak to Bryan though because we have just seen him today, he will see our medical team and make an assessment and if Bryan is fit I don't see a problem, of course he won't play 90 minutes but most of the guys in the first two games won't play 90 minutes.

"We will play with 22 players at least, we have 25 players with us which include a few youngsters but you will see all the players we have. We have three new signings with us and they join our existing players."

"You know Bryan as well as I do, in Costa Rica you must love him as he is one of our better players. Next year he will prove that again because he had a very good season last season."

Captain Brede Hangeland is also pleased to have made the trip to Costa Rica and is looking forward to getting a good welcome from the fans.

"It's very nice, we've only been here a few hours and we are happy and Bryan is a happy and nice guy so we expect everyone in Costa Rica to be the same," he said. "We can't wait to get going with training and the matches. Whenever we play we always try to do our best but we are probably not at our highest level at the moment as we have not long started pre-season. We'll do our very best and hopefully put on some good matches for the people to watch.

"The most important thing is that we have just come back to pre-season and it's the start of the preparations of a very long and hard Premier League season once again, so it's important for us to get that fitness back and we are going to play three really good teams. So we are expecting a good camp and great preparation for the new season.

"I have, in the past, played against some teams from this part of the world and I've always found them to be very good with technically gifted players with a good work ethic. We expect tough games and hopefully they will be good for the fans to watch."

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2013/july/13/jol-its-great-to-be-here?

HatterDon

"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel