https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Khans gonna be on Talksport

Started by Zu-Meister, July 15, 2013, 03:40:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rupert

Quote from: Junichi on July 15, 2013, 06:30:56 PM
Quote from: The Enclosurite on July 15, 2013, 06:28:02 PM
And they summed up the whole interview by simply saying that it's undecided what would happen to the statue.

The sooner we dump the bloody thing in the Thames the better!

Agreed!

So sick of hearing about it at this stage. SSN while covering the takeover announcement, actually mentioned it more than the football or the clubs future.

Ridiculous!

The thing I ask myself is this- if it wasn't for the statue, would we get much of a mention at all? Imagine it was Villa or Sunderland, there would be a flurry of excitement as the sale was announced, then the media would go back to talking about the big teams. However, we have a statue which has got far too many of our fans very hot under the collar, so it is a fun story for the media to pursue. In all honesty, if it had been unveiled, and our collective reaction was, fair enough, Chairman Mo has got us here, we can live with a daft statue as the price of that, the story would have died a rapid death. Instead people are winding themselves up about something that many have probably only glimpsed. There must be fans in the JH who have only ever seen photos of the statue, never the thing itself. Yet they make pronouncements about throwing it in the Thames.
Of course the media will arrow in on it, it is the sort of thing the ignorant masses lap up.
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

jmh

Quote from: Junichi on July 15, 2013, 06:30:56 PM
Quote from: The Enclosurite on July 15, 2013, 06:28:02 PM
And they summed up the whole interview by simply saying that it's undecided what would happen to the statue.

The sooner we dump the bloody thing in the Thames the better!

Agreed!

So sick of hearing about it at this stage. SSN while covering the takeover announcement, actually mentioned it more than the football or the clubs future.

Ridiculous!
You know, as terrible as that thing is, I can't think of a better tribute to Mo than keeping it.

fulhamben

ok i heard this interview and my love for khan after this is at an all time high (yes ive had way too many beers) all jokes aside about the quotes he keeps using, cos lets be honest what could have changed in 3 days. but they did ask a question that no one else did and that was about the global appeal of the premiership. they asked what he thought about the proposed (but literally just an idea) of a 39th game in a different country. and to his credit he said he had spoken to some fans who were all against it and he would do what the fans want. im starting to think that he is the real deal. as in he really does care about the little people that really count. everything he has said so far is exactly what ive wanted to hear. and im not a dreamer that wants a city scenario but a fan that wants a club that my kids and grandkids (when they come) can go to......
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

bmasar

Quote from: fulhamben on July 15, 2013, 08:58:17 PM
ok i heard this interview and my love for khan after this is at an all time high (yes ive had way too many beers) all jokes aside about the quotes he keeps using, cos lets be honest what could have changed in 3 days. but they did ask a question that no one else did and that was about the global appeal of the premiership. they asked what he thought about the proposed (but literally just an idea) of a 39th game in a different country. and to his credit he said he had spoken to some fans who were all against it and he would do what the fans want. im starting to think that he is the real deal. as in he really does care about the little people that really count. everything he has said so far is exactly what ive wanted to hear. and im not a dreamer that wants a city scenario but a fan that wants a club that my kids and grandkids (when they come) can go to......

In the 60 Minutes interview (the link can be found on here somewhere) Khan was greeting Jaguars fans in the parking lot before a game. The interviewer asked if it was an attempt to sell more tickets. Khan replied that it was about "human interaction. They're already here, they bought their tickets, there's very little to sell. If anything, selling hope." Brilliant.

fulhamben

Quote from: bmasar on July 15, 2013, 09:12:09 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on July 15, 2013, 08:58:17 PM

In the 60 Minutes interview (the link can be found on here somewhere) Khan was greeting Jaguars fans in the parking lot before a game. The interviewer asked if it was an attempt to sell more tickets. Khan replied that it was about "human interaction. They're already here, they bought their tickets, there's very little to sell. If anything, selling hope." Brilliant.
just keeps on getting better :)

RaySmith

You know, as terrible as that thing is, I can't think of a better tribute to Mo than keeping it.
[/quote]

Agree!

I'm sick of hearing about the bleedin' statue - and i don't know what Khan thinks when he keeps being asked about it.

I'm indifferent to the statue, but since Mo put it there as a tribute to a  friend, then perhaps we should  keep it  as a sign of thanks to  Mo.

But enough of the statue now - forget about it - there are far more important thing to think about and ask the  new owner about.

No one would pay any attention to the statue - it's out of the way, and may have to be moved when the  Riverside stand is developed anyway - but people keep drawing attention to it.

bmasar

Quote from: RaySmith on July 15, 2013, 09:23:51 PM

Agree!

I'm sick of hearing about the bleedin' statue - and i don't know what Khan thinks when he keeps being asked about it.

I'm indifferent to the statue, but since Mo put it there as a tribute to a  friend, then perhaps we should  keep it  as a sign of thanks to  Mo.

But enough of the statue now - forget about it - there are far more important thing to think about and ask the  new owner about.

No one would pay any attention to the statue - it's out of the way, and may have to be moved when the  Riverside stand is developed anyway - but people keep drawing attention to it.

[/quote]

I wonder how people would feel about it if it didn't look like a kid's school art project. Do most people object to the subject matter (MJ the person) or the actual ahem-craftsmanship?

fulhamben

Quote from: RaySmith on July 15, 2013, 09:23:51 PM

Agree!

I'm indifferent to the statue, but since Mo put it there as a tribute to a  friend, then perhaps we should  keep it  as a sign of thanks to  Mo.

But enough of the statue now - forget about it - there are far more important thing to think about and ask the  new owner about.

No one would pay any attention to the statue - it's out of the way, and may have to be moved when the  Riverside stand is developed anyway - but people keep drawing attention to it.

[/quote]i can fully understand mo putting up a staue of his friend and a world entertainer, but we all know what he did, and frankly it dissgusts me that we have a shrine to a man that would be classed as the scum of scum if he were in prison. if it were say a statue of cliff richards or even the man city through and through noel gallagher i could take that. but as a father myself, mj i can not abide it in  any form at all.

The Equalizer

Quote from: Vinnieffc on July 15, 2013, 03:59:25 PM
I've got a question for him. Under the new regime, could this be an opportunity to usher in the return of Dirk Lehmann ?

Genius Vinnie! Just genius!  :005:
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

Lighthouse

'We all know what he did'

DO WE?

So somebody makes an accusation and to save his name they settle out of court. Now if we all knew what he did would you settle out of court just for the money. The vilest accusation can be levelled at anybody. For goodness sake I have no idea what is true or not. Neither does anybody else. So stop trying to make out the statue means anything more than a tribute to what some people consider the greatest star of his time. Fed up with hearing about the statue. Then stop bloody mentioning it. If the fans didn't go on about it neither would the press.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

The Equalizer

Quote from: Junichi on July 15, 2013, 04:50:22 PM
"I'm not a micro manager"

"It's a perfect club at a perfect time"

"Mr Al Fayed has done an absolutely wonderful job. He saved the club"

"I will meet the manager and captain and discuss their plans"

"The riverside development is essential"

"I will speak to the fans and see what they want"

"Ooooh baby, yeah that's it, you naughty girl"

Actually, that last one might be one of Ron Jeremy's.

Okay, Vinnie's comment was good. This is another level! True tears of laughter!  064.gif :012:
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

fulhamben

Quote from: Lighthouse on July 15, 2013, 11:09:02 PM

DO WE?

So somebody makes an accusation and to save his name they settle out of court. Now if we all knew what he did would you settle out of court just for the money. The vilest accusation can be levelled at anybody. For goodness sake I have no idea what is true or not. Neither does anybody else. So stop trying to make out the statue means anything more than a tribute to what some people consider the greatest star of his time. Fed up with hearing about the statue. Then stop bloody mentioning it. If the fans didn't go on about it neither would the press.
i dont care if i get band but you are taking the piss. someone?  there are hgundreds that back up the story that he is a paedo, a lot more than thos that acussed gary glitter. will you stand up for him too? and paying someone off surely means you are guilty or you would fight to clear your name

Lighthouse

Quote from: fulhamben on July 15, 2013, 11:27:42 PM

DO WE?

i dont care if i get band but you are taking the piss. someone?  there are hgundreds that back up the story that he is a paedo, a lot more than thos that acussed gary glitter. will you stand up for him too? and paying someone off surely means you are guilty or you would fight to clear your name

I look at it the other way. If your son was molested and you made it public. BUT YOU then settled for money not to take it to court thus allowing this so called child molester to continue. Would you? No you wouldn't. As for hundreds knowing it. He did eventually go to court and was found not guilty. But then it easy to believe what you want to believe. I agree no more on the subject as this is a football MB.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

fulhamben

Quote from: Lighthouse on July 15, 2013, 11:46:14 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on July 15, 2013, 11:27:42 PM

DO WE?

I look at it the other way. If your son was molested and you made it public. BUT YOU then settled for money not to take it to court thus allowing this so called child molester to continue. Would you? No you wouldn't. As for hundreds knowing it. He did eventually go to court and was found not guilty. But then it easy to believe what you want to believe. I agree no more on the subject as this is a football MB.
exactly, and no room for a paedo statue at a football ground