watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The £20.8 Million Dream Team

Started by White Noise, May 01, 2010, 07:42:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

White Noise

The Mail have totted up the cost of the 8 players who played on Thursday night that are Hodgson purchases at £16.5 Million.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1270158/The-Roy-Wonder-Forget--Hodgson-manager-year-says-Fergie.html?ITO=1490

The Times have totted up the starting 11 as follows -

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/premier_league/fulham/article7112311.ece

Star performers

Mark Schwarzer (37), free Australia veteran who just gets better and better.

Paul Konchesky (28), £2m One of the most attacking left backs in England.

John Paintsil (28), £1.5m May play big part in the final after knee injury.

Brede Hangeland (28), £2.5m Big Norwegian played massive game, but can Fulham hold on to him?

Aaron Hughes (30), £1m Perfect foil for Hangeland.

Zoltan Gera (30), free Time and again pops up when the going gets tough, as illustrated with winner.

Danny Murphy (33), undisc: Keeps on going when he ought to be thinking of a pension.

Damien Duff (31), £2.5m Still weaves a few spells.

Dickson Etuhu (27), £1.5m Unsung hero in the midfield engine room.

Simon Davies (30), £2.5m Still producing the goods.

Bobby Zamora (29), £4.8m Ever-dangerous presence.

That gives a total of £18.3 million for the starting 11.

I would make the following ammendments - Paul Konchesky £2.5 million, Damien Duff £4 million, Danny Murphy initially signed on loan and then for 'an undisclosed fee'. Given that he only cost Spurs £2 million and then played virtually no games for them I reckon the 'fee' was a nominal amount of around £500,000. That is an extra £2.5 million, which gives a total of £20.8 million for the starting eleven.

Hazey

I thought Murphy was meant to sign on loan, then at the last minute we bought him outright for £1m?
At clubs with bigger memberships, their supporters only touch their colours, but at FFC we have spirit. Fulham people can touch that spirit - they are the real Cottagers, they are the club

White Noise

Quote from: Hazey on May 01, 2010, 07:53:53 AM
I thought Murphy was meant to sign on loan, then at the last minute we bought him outright for £1m?

I thought it was a years loan in August 2007 that went perm the following summer. I can't recall the fee being anything but undisclosed but if you can find a mention of £1 million that would be great.

ron

Not a bad deal when you compare what that £20m buys compared with the £30m that went up the Swanee on Shevchenko in another place....

The Equalizer

Interesting! Do you have any idea how much Liverpool's Wednesday squad cost?
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

Tktd

So Alberto Aquilani costs nearly as much as our entire starting 11! Wow Benitez must be kicking himself!

ImperialWhite

I wonder what the sale value of our squad would be?

Got to be pusing £30mill by now, surely?

Tktd

Quote from: ImperialWhite on May 01, 2010, 11:16:11 AM
I wonder what the sale value of our squad would be?

Got to be pusing £30mill by now, surely?

I think if we sold our starting team now alone it would probably be pushing £30-£40 mill... think about it... hangeland alone would be worth £10 -£12 million, although I would price him higher then that.

Zamora I would say would be at least £8 million.

AJ - probably £4 or £5 mill

That's £25 mill already.

ScalleysDad

Quote from: Tktd on May 01, 2010, 10:56:55 AM

So Alberto Aquilani costs nearly as much as our entire starting 11! Wow Benitez must be kicking himself!

Probably tried that, missed, fell on his backside and blamed the linesman with the promise that he would hit his shin next time....

ImperialWhite

And Schwarz wouldn't go for free, of course. Of the Fulham squad, it's Mark that I'd most like to give English citizenship for world cup purposes.

Rupert

Isn't Dempsey the youngest at 27 years old? If he has the sort of sensational World Cup that we all know he is capable of then his price could shoot up. Brede may command a huge fee, but he is getting on a bit and has stated he would go nowhere without Aaron, he's not stupid, is he?
The rest of them would have little re-sale potential because of age and that would hit their value, making it unlikely we would be able to buy a suitable replacement for the same price, meaning we would want more than buyers would be willing to spend. Thank God. We don't want to sell any of them!
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

White Noise

Schwarzer - £3 million
Pantsil - £5 million Hangeland - £10 million
Hughes - £6.5 million
Konchesky - £5.5 million
Davies - £4 million
Etuhu - £3.5 million Murphy - £3 million
Duff -£6.5 million
Gera - £6 million
Zamora - £12 million

I make that £65 million. Not a bad ROI. You can add another 20% for winning The Europa League

jarv

Don't forget DEMPS.   He must now be worth 4 times what Fulham paid and if he has a good world cup, could go to 6 times his price.

Tom

Quote from: jarv on May 01, 2010, 12:26:48 PM
Don't forget DEMPS.   He must now be worth 4 times what Fulham paid and if he has a good world cup, could go to 6 times his price.
I think ESPN said Dempsey is making around 3 million a year.
Fulham for life!

timmyg

The problem with this list is that it only accounts for transfer fees, not wages.

So, sure, perhaps the lineup cost Fulham 20.8 million quid over 2 years. But how much is it costing the club to pay them? Answering that will show how much the team actually costs.

I enjoy how in sports without transfers, when a player signs for X-amount of money we know how much they're making/the team is paying. So when the Yankees spent a quarter billion dollars on 4 players, the economics are quite linear.
"Not everybody's the perfect person in the world. I mean everyone kills people, murders people, steals from you, steals from me, whatever." -- Terrelle Pryor, on Michael Vick

PaulUMD

Fulham paid $4M USD (2-2.3M pounds) for Demps, and I imagine he's worth 6-8M pounds right now before Fulham would sell.  And with the Confed Cup and his first half performance in England, I wouldn't be surprised to see him go for more after another good WC.  I think that being American usually draws down a player's value on the market, but Clint is well beyond that.  And we may have forgotten after the injury, but he was in tremendous form for the first half of the year.  Remember, he was on the Gazetta dello Sport First XI halfway through...