watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Foday Nabay signs

Started by elgreenio, July 22, 2013, 06:36:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

elgreenio

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/teenage-prodigy-foday-nabay-quits-5171128

15 year old who would have got himself a first team debut for Birmingham this year. Another massive coup for the clubs academy
touch my camera through the fence

filham

I will start singing the praises of this club's academy when they produce a player of premiership quality for us.

Baider

We have one of the best academy's in the country

In the next 10 years I can see a lot of our academy players being at top 4 clubs 

Putney

Really sorry state that English football is in. Can't believe so many clubs fell for the EPPP nonsense.

ToodlesMcToot

Guess we can't continue complaining when bigger clubs than us poach our youth.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

God The Mechanic

There's something wrong when a 15 year old kid hands in a transfer request.

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: God The Mechanic on July 22, 2013, 09:20:12 PM
There's something wrong when a 15 year old kid hands in a transfer request.

I'd say there was plenty wrong prior to that and the kid had just learned by example.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

Jack Fulham

Quote from: Putney on July 22, 2013, 07:00:12 PM
Really sorry state that English football is in. Can't believe so many clubs fell for the EPPP nonsense.

EPPP will mean the best young players will go to the best academies in the country therefore giving them the best footballing education. If they don't make the grade in the prem, they will filter back down to clubs in the lower league where they will probably have a better shot at turning pro than they did originally.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: Jack Fulham on July 22, 2013, 09:42:56 PM
Quote from: Putney on July 22, 2013, 07:00:12 PM

EPPP will mean the best young players will go to the best academies in the country therefore giving them the best footballing education. If they don't make the grade in the prem, they will filter back down to clubs in the lower league where they will probably have a better shot at turning pro than they did originally.

And in the meantime the clubs that they are sold from will receive a fraction of what they would before and over time this will threaten their very existence unless they find another source of income.

BarryP

Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on July 22, 2013, 07:24:33 PM

Too true.  Feels a bit odd to be the poacher.
"Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never--in nothing, great or small, large or petty--never give in, except to convictions of honor and good sense."

Ichabod Magoo

Quote from: BarryP on July 22, 2013, 09:53:04 PM
Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on July 22, 2013, 07:24:33 PM

Too true.  Feels a bit odd to be the poacher.

Yes, tis better to be the poacher than the poachee for once.
If your nose runs and your feet smell, you must have been born upside down. ~ Chudley Rippington III

General

Hate to break it to you but this story is comparatively old news... There's a video of him uploaded to YouTube from 2012 of him playing for one of our youth teams. Birmingham mail - regurgitating an old story?

elgreenio

Quote from: General on July 23, 2013, 07:01:37 AM
Hate to break it to you but this story is comparatively old news... There's a video of him uploaded to YouTube from 2012 of him playing for one of our youth teams. Birmingham mail - regurgitating an old story?

not sure if that was just a trial match in the video, he's certainly been at Birmingham City this season, will ask my Brummy link
touch my camera through the fence

Frankie-Peter Taylor

Played his first u18 game at the age of 13. That's amazing.

filham

Quote from: Baider on July 22, 2013, 06:55:52 PM
We have one of the best academy's in the country

In the next 10 years I can see a lot of our academy players being at top 4 clubs 

A few fans have been saying things like that for the last ten years. not much has materialised.

Swiss72

He was with Birmingham last season. See the annoucement posted yesterday on their website.

http://www.bcfc.com/news/article/20130722-nabay-joins-fulham-936840.aspx