https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Yes he may now be playing for Chelsea, but Mark Schwarzer

Started by Rhys Lightning 63, July 22, 2013, 10:22:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rhys Lightning 63

@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

jarv

Good picture. Where is Terry? Perhaps he doesn't like the cyclist look.

Humbled

Quote from: jarv on July 22, 2013, 10:32:53 PM
Good picture. Where is Terry? Perhaps he doesn't like the cyclist look.

Could he be around one of their houses??? Or at least trying to get in!!!

Great banter by the way

Artful Dodger

Do all Chelsea goalies have to wear the helmet?

Anyway, why did he leave us for '1st team football' and then sign as back up to Cech?
Faber est suae quisque fortunae

Baider

Rhys Lightning 63

Well, I've been done like an Aussie fishing outside offstump
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

bill taylors apprentice

Good luck to him for getting a good contract, but he is now one of the enemy, 

Apprentice to the Maestro

Quote from: Artful Dodger on July 22, 2013, 11:29:35 PM

Anyway, why did he leave us for '1st team football' and then sign as back up to Cech?

He left us because his contract had run out and that he would be second choice to Stekelenburg and he probably signed for Chelsea because he didn't get any offers to be first choice goalkeeper in the PL.

At least at Chelsea they are playing in the Champions League and are likely to have decent cup runs so he should get more chances than at most clubs. Also, he gets to play under Mourinho, gets decent pay and doesn't have to move his family to a new house and schools.

Holders

Non sumus statione ferriviaria

HatterDon

obviously walking away from the club and going to Chelsea is just fine, whereas being transferred to QPR is an unpardonable sin.

I may understand this some day, but I certainly don't at the moment. Will we be entertained by pictures of Mark on a regular basis?
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Apprentice to the Maestro

Quote from: HatterDon on July 23, 2013, 04:52:05 PM
obviously walking away from the club and going to Chelsea is just fine, whereas being transferred to QPR is an unpardonable sin.

I may understand this some day, but I certainly don't at the moment. Will we be entertained by pictures of Mark on a regular basis?

Again, you are being perverse for the sake of it.

He didn't `walk away' unlike some others who could be mentioned. His contract came to an end. He is a 40 year old footballer in the PL, one of a very select few. It's a remarkable achievement. He deserves anything he can get.

But just to humour you, as a starting point compare the clubs current league positions against each other and against Fulham's. There, it is not that difficult, is it?

Buffalo76

Quote from: Artful Dodger on July 22, 2013, 11:29:35 PM

£ £ £ £ £ £ £ £ £ £ £ £

nevzter

Looking at the pictures, I posit that Cech and Schwarzer are long lost brothers.
"To get back my youth I would do anything in the world, except take exercise, get up early, or be respectable."

HatterDon

Quote from: Apprentice to the Maestro on July 23, 2013, 05:23:51 PM

He didn't `walk away' unlike some others who could be mentioned. His contract came to an end. He is a 40 year old footballer in the PL, one of a very select few. It's a remarkable achievement. He deserves anything he can get.

But just to humour you, as a starting point compare the clubs current league positions against each other and against Fulham's. There, it is not that difficult, is it?

He refused to sign a new contract because it did not guarantee him a starting berth, claimed what he wanted was regular first-team football so as to stay sharp for Brazil, and then signed with the neighboring club where he would have no chance at regular first-team football. You add that together and it comes to "It's not about first team football or the World Cup, it's about money." That's fine; it's a footballer's decision. But Zamora and Johnson were pilloried because the CLUB decided to transfer them to QPR. All last season we were treated to trills of happiness everytime one or the other of them got injured because Fulham transferred them to QPR. They were routinely described as money-grubbers who put club loyalty miles behind a paycheck -- and this a club that did not want to keep them. We WANTED to keep Schwarzer, but he turned us down and moved to a club that offered him LESS playing time -- and he's celebrated for it. I don't understand it, is all.

But that's okay; I didn't understand the Zamora and Johnson hatred either.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Herbie

Quote from: HatterDon on July 23, 2013, 08:06:34 PM
Quote from: Apprentice to the Maestro on July 23, 2013, 05:23:51 PM

He refused to sign a new contract because it did not guarantee him a starting berth, claimed what he wanted was regular first-team football so as to stay sharp for Brazil, and then signed with the neighboring club where he would have no chance at regular first-team football. You add that together and it comes to "It's not about first team football or the World Cup, it's about money." That's fine; it's a footballer's decision. But Zamora and Johnson were pilloried because the CLUB decided to transfer them to QPR. All last season we were treated to trills of happiness everytime one or the other of them got injured because Fulham transferred them to QPR. They were routinely described as money-grubbers who put club loyalty miles behind a paycheck -- and this a club that did not want to keep them. We WANTED to keep Schwarzer, but he turned us down and moved to a club that offered him LESS playing time -- and he's celebrated for it. I don't understand it, is all.

But that's okay; I didn't understand the Zamora and Johnson hatred either.

Bobby didn't help himself with the ear cupping celebrations during his time with us.  I still don't really get why he did that.