News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Am I the only one who thinks that we shouldnt sign more players?

Started by karlfulham97, July 23, 2013, 08:22:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

karlfulham97

I seriously think that our team looks okay as it is. People keep saying around the forum that Fulham need a midfield. We have 3 great midfield players: Sidwell (He didn't play well in Costa Rica, but a believe is going to play well this season), Boateng (He is one of our new players. He did get a chance to play in Costa Rica, he really looked brilliant and really strong) and finally Karagoinis (He is getting old now, but he can still play really good football).

Junichi

We need creativity. Simple as that. We need a midfield playmaker who can really make things happen, as this was our biggest weak point last year. Kasami had a good pre-season, and as optimistic as I am that he has a role to play in our team, he might not adjust to the Premiership the same way he did to the Costa Rican tour, and if he didn't adjust, we'd be out of options, wouldn't we?

We also need squad players. A back-up to Riether, and perhaps a new left back. Hugo hasn't really got going since coming here, so I fully expect another striker to come in too.

We lost a lot of players at the end of last year, and this is a huge year for us in terms of moving forward. It's vital that we have a good season, and in order to do that, we need to bring in some quality players.

Brown@FFC

karlfulham97

Quote from: Junichi on July 23, 2013, 08:27:49 PM
We need creativity. Simple as that. We need a midfield playmaker who can really make things happen, as this was our biggest weak point last year. Kasami had a good pre-season, and as optimistic as I am that he has a role to play in our team, he might not adjust to the Premiership the same way he did to the Costa Rican tour, and if he didn't adjust, we'd be out of options, wouldn't we?

We also need squad players. A back-up to Riether, and perhaps a new left back. Hugo hasn't really got going since coming here, so I fully expect another striker to come in too.

We lost a lot of players at the end of last year, and this is a huge year for us in terms of moving forward. It's vital that we have a good season, and in order to do that, we need to bring in some quality players.
I get what you are saying. We need to build a new squad. Which RB is Martin Jol maybe signing?

farfouille

Quote from: karlfulham97 on July 23, 2013, 08:22:55 PM
I seriously think that our team looks okay as it is. People keep saying around the forum that Fulham need a midfield. We have 3 great midfield players: Sidwell (He didn't play well in Costa Rica, but a believe is going to play well this season), Boateng (He is one of our new players. He did get a chance to play in Costa Rica, he really looked brilliant and really strong) and finally Karagoinis (He is getting old now, but he can style play really good football).

I am with you... only if Diarra was fit.
"Everybody's assuming [Berbatov will go] but as far as I know he is a Man United player....my mistake. Oh my God. He's a Fulham player."
- Rene Meulensteen

Frankie-Peter Taylor

We need quality in depth. For me, personally, for a side aiming for top ten finishes, Steve Sidwell and Derek Boateng is not good enough as a central midfield pairing. As it stands, Derek Boateng is our best central midfield, and then it probably goes Steve Sidwell, Pajtim Kasami and Giorgos Karagounis.

If Sascha Riether were to get injured, I'm sure I wouldn't be the only person uncomfortable with Aaron Hughes.

Also, (again in my opinion), our best wing pairing is Ashkan Dejagah and Alex Kacaniklic. If Kaca were to get injured, I'm not a fan of Damien Duff on the left, he doesn't have it in him to be a direct winger anymore, meaning we could do with a more senior left winger allowing Damien Duff to be our back up specific right midfielder.

Despite us playing with one striker, I do think we need another, just an upgrade on Hugo. I'd hate to see Berbatov get injured and we're left with Bryan and Hugo (and I'm a fan of Rodallega). Also, when we're looking for goals, to be honest to Hugo, we need more than him.

ffcbulgaria

I think we're almost fine with our current squad. However 3 CMs is not enough if you imagine that we might get 2 or even all 3 of them injured/suspended at the same time. That would be a disaster. We need at least one more midfield player to make sure we don't end up in last year's situation.
Maybe another striker could be useful as well but I'm sure we can eventually use Rodallega, Ruiz, eventually Trotta and even Kasami if things get that bad in the department.

As for other signings I think we're actually fine and if we are ever to give more youngesters a chance... well... this is the season for them.

karlfulham97

Quote from: Frankie-Peter Taylor on July 23, 2013, 08:39:44 PM
We need quality in depth. For me, personally, for a side aiming for top ten finishes, Steve Sidwell and Derek Boateng is not good enough as a central midfield pairing. As it stands, Derek Boateng is our best central midfield, and then it probably goes Steve Sidwell, Pajtim Kasami and Giorgos Karagounis.

If Sascha Riether were to get injured, I'm sure I wouldn't be the only person uncomfortable with Aaron Hughes.

Also, (again in my opinion), our best wing pairing is Ashkan Dejagah and Alex Kacaniklic. If Kaca were to get injured, I'm not a fan of Damien Duff on the left, he doesn't have it in him to be a direct winger anymore, meaning we could do with a more senior left winger allowing Damien Duff to be our back up specific right midfielder.

Despite us playing with one striker, I do think we need another, just an upgrade on Hugo. I'd hate to see Berbatov get injured and we're left with Bryan and Hugo (and I'm a fan of Rodallega). Also, when we're looking for goals, to be honest to Hugo, we need more than him.
What about Kerim Frei in the left wing?

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: karlfulham97 on July 23, 2013, 08:22:55 PM
I seriously think that our team looks okay as it is. People keep saying around the forum that Fulham need a midfield. We have 3 great midfield players: Sidwell (He didn't play well in Costa Rica, but a believe is going to play well this season), Boateng (He is one of our new players. He did get a chance to play in Costa Rica, he really looked brilliant and really strong) and finally Karagoinis (He is getting old now, but he can style play really good football).
We need more quality and depth. I'm been on us using youngsters whenever possible but they shouldn't be rushed.

karlfulham97

Quote from: ffcbulgaria on July 23, 2013, 08:43:09 PM
I think we're almost fine with our current squad. However 3 CMs is not enough if you imagine that we might get 2 or even all 3 of them injured/suspended at the same time. That would be a disaster. We need at least one more midfield player to make sure we don't end up in last year's situation.
Maybe another striker could be useful as well but I'm sure we can eventually use Rodallega, Ruiz, eventually Trotta and even Kasami if things get that bad in the department.

As for other signings I think we're actually fine and if we are ever to give more youngesters a chance... well... this is the season for them.
What about buying a new RB? I dont want to see Aaron Hughes playing as a RB. I didnt really like him in Costa Rica.

RidgeRider

Hughes can play right back and Duff & Richardson can play at either back position.

I'm less concerned about depth there than having a creative player in the middle.

If Kasami continues to play as he did in CR, then he gives us more depth and options in the midfield. Mesca looked useful as well so he gives us more depth on the wing.

karlfulham97

Quote from: RidgeRider on July 23, 2013, 08:53:00 PM
Hughes can play right back and Duff & Richardson can play at either back position.

I'm less concerned about depth there than having a creative player in the middle.

If Kasami continues to play as he did in CR, then he gives us more depth and options in the midfield. Mesca looked useful as well so he gives us more depth on the wing.
Mesca was fantastic, he is really agressive.  :bump:

ffcbulgaria

Quote from: karlfulham97 on July 23, 2013, 08:47:28 PM
What about buying a new RB? I dont want to see Aaron Hughes playing as a RB. I didnt really like him in Costa Rica.

What i mean is we have the team almost ready and we could go by with 2 or even 1 important signing. I haven't seen enough of Christensen or the other young players playing RB in the U21s or U19s to say if they could provide cover but for a few games it shouldn't be so much of a trouble.

Back-up players are generally cheaper and we can do with signing one RB on 30th of August if need be.

JackyFulham90

I am a fan of the squad we have but the Premier League is such a tough league we need another RB, a CM (Chantome, Huddlestone) & a striker (Gomis, Bent) then we are set for a really good season

ron

Standing still in the Premier League is in fact going backwards. We should always look to be signing new players. If for no other reason it cuts out the complacency that develops in an unchanged side who think they have a starting place in a top league by right.

Jack Fulham

If Riether got injured, I think Grimmer rather Hughes could step up. Not satisfied with centre midfield at all though. Hopefully we get Chantome.

Frankie-Peter Taylor

Quote from: karlfulham97 on July 23, 2013, 08:44:40 PM

Personally, and again, this is just my opinion, is that Kerim needs a spell out on loan where he is guaranteed consistent games, even a spell in the u21s could work wonders. We must remember he's at a very tender age and after a season blighted by injury, he needs to be worked back into football properly. The risk is so high, just look at the years lost by Jack Wilshere.

filham

Yes , we need cover at right back but the big need is for a creative midfielder who needs to be more than just a squad player . We have to be prepared to spend big time in an attempt to get a player approaching the quality of Dembele.

Meet these two needs then we should be ok. No need to waste big money on an iffy striker, if we are playing with just one up front then we should manage with Berbatov, Rodders and Trotta.

FC Silver Fox

You're all forgetting that we could also lose a few players in the next few weeks. Such short memories.
Finn and Corked Hat, you are forever part of the family.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: Frankie-Peter Taylor on July 23, 2013, 09:34:25 PM
Quote from: karlfulham97 on July 23, 2013, 08:44:40 PM

Personally, and again, this is just my opinion, is that Kerim needs a spell out on loan where he is guaranteed consistent games, even a spell in the u21s could work wonders. We must remember he's at a very tender age and after a season blighted by injury, he needs to be worked back into football properly. The risk is so high, just look at the years lost by Jack Wilshere.

I agree with that.