more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Why don't we buy Huddlestone?

Started by karlfulham97, July 25, 2013, 04:08:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

epsomraver

Quote from: Rupert on July 25, 2013, 10:44:35 AM
It may be worthwhile, at this stage, to remind everyone that unless Ally Mac is posting on here under an assumed name (Aha, Lighthouse, I have you now!) none of us know who is on the target list, so berating the club for going after player A or not going for player B is an exercise in futility.
We will  know who we are signing when we sign them.

At last a post with common sense.

FFC1987

Quote from: epsomraver on July 25, 2013, 10:48:56 AM
It may be worthwhile, at this stage, to remind everyone that unless Ally Mac is posting on here under an assumed name (Aha, Lighthouse, I have you now!) none of us know who is on the target list, so berating the club for going after player A or not going for player B is an exercise in futility.
We will  know who we are signing when we sign them.

Always ruins a thread!

Tonywa

As some have said.  We'll know when we know.  At least we won't have to endure the annual rumour that Chadleigh's about to sign.

Two Ton Ted

Quote from: Lighthouse on July 25, 2013, 10:03:05 AM
I wish I knew why some fams have this obsession with Huddlestone. He is ok but not really sure why he is rated so highly by some.

Successive Tottenham managers have considered him little more than a squad player, other than the fact he's English and has long been viewed as a prospect I cannot understand the clamour for him.
Never ever bloody anything ever.

malcbridger

Because he's overweight, overpriced, slow, silly-haired, and injury prone.

grandad

Quote from: malcbridger on July 25, 2013, 01:14:57 PM

:plus one:

Couldn´t have put it better.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Rupert

Quote from: FFC1987 on July 25, 2013, 11:09:55 AM
Quote from: epsomraver on July 25, 2013, 10:48:56 AM
We will  know who we are signing when we sign them.

Always ruins a thread!

No, he means that at last, after 1570-odd posts, I have come up with a bit of common sense. A pure fluke, I assure you, normal service wil nowbe resumed.
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

farfouille

Jol doesn't seem to have problems with overweight (Stockdale), slow (Berbatov), silly-haired (Briggs), injury prone (Diarra) but he will never ever buy an overpriced player. :)
"Everybody's assuming [Berbatov will go] but as far as I know he is a Man United player....my mistake. Oh my God. He's a Fulham player."
- Rene Meulensteen

karlfulham97

Quote from: farfouille on July 25, 2013, 01:48:12 PM

Jol doesn't seem to have problems with overweight (Stockdale), slow (Berbatov), silly-haired (Briggs), injury prone (Diarra) but he will never ever buy an overpriced player. :)
Silly-Haired Marcelo Trotta  064.gif

Forever Fulham

Huddlestone isn't heavy.  And he can definitely turn with the ball.  And--where do some of you get these ideas?  You are watching what the rest of us see, right?  He was an integral part of Spurs' great season, missing out on CL only on the last day of the season.  Certainly you don't think Bale, as well as he played, gets ALL the credit for Spurs' success last season...  Huddlestone played very well last season.  I'd take him in a heartbeat.  Oh, well, as they say, that's what makes a horse race.  Everyone has an opinion. 

MJG

St Eve

Quote from: Forever Fulham on July 25, 2013, 04:34:40 PM
Huddlestone isn't heavy.  And he can definitely turn with the ball.  And--where do some of you get these ideas?  You are watching what the rest of us see, right?  He was an integral part of Spurs' great season, missing out on CL only on the last day of the season.  Certainly you don't think Bale, as well as he played, gets ALL the credit for Spurs' success last season...  Huddlestone played very well last season.  I'd take him in a heartbeat.  Oh, well, as they say, that's what makes a horse race.  Everyone has an opinion. 
It makes you wonder why Spurs don't want him

Fulhampete

Put Huddleston in with Ruiz and Berba and we would be almost static. Surely a joy to play against. Jol has realised we need both power and pace to upset teams and Huddleston provides neither.

Forever Fulham

I don't see any credible reports that Spurs are shopping Huddlestone around.  Nor is he generally regarded as a slow player.  I've been away a lot lately.   How did all of this Huddlestone linkage to Fulham get started?

Bassey the warrior

As much as I admire Huddlestone he is slow and lethargic. Would prefer someone quicker if possible but would take him over Sidwell.

Me-ate-Live, innit??

We were reported to be in for him in 2005 and was a great prospect, 8 years on he has been de winged and totally Spurred !!!  no not now  it is all too late.     

Humbled

Would take Huddlestone without much consideration.
The pace situation is funny as it seems ok that Ruiz lacks it amongst other things and but noone else in the team (unless they score 15 goals) is allowed to lack any...
Just the other day someone said Rodders has had his chance - a bit part player playing out of position for a season yet Ruiz has had 2 seasons and done little to nothing.
I think Ruiz will have a decent season finally but I would have NO problems starting him from the bench if we got a pacey striker to add to Berba with Huddlestone and Boateng playing a withdrawn midfield role.
On a side note - I really don't know why we didn't snap Ajax's hand off when they asked for 2 million for Enoh (IF TRUE)

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: Humbled on July 28, 2013, 12:19:47 PM
Would take Huddlestone without much consideration.
The pace situation is funny as it seems ok that Ruiz lacks it amongst other things and but noone else in the team (unless they score 15 goals) is allowed to lack any...
Just the other day someone said Rodders has had his chance - a bit part player playing out of position for a season yet Ruiz has had 2 seasons and done little to nothing.
I think Ruiz will have a decent season finally but I would have NO problems starting him from the bench if we got a pacey striker to add to Berba with Huddlestone and Boateng playing a withdrawn midfield role.
On a side note - I really don't know why we didn't snap Ajax's hand off when they asked for 2 million for Enoh (IF TRUE)
Ruiz has not done nothing. One of our best players last season and will be even better. He's also quicker than Huddlestone, and works harder.