watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Urby Emanuelson

Started by Frankie-Peter Taylor, July 25, 2013, 12:25:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frankie-Peter Taylor

I'm not saying we are going to sign him but thought I could give a bit of a recent news check on him. With AC Milan failing to sell Robinho and looking set to sign Keisuke Honda, Urby Emanuelson is available for transfer. Rumours have it, Torino are interested, and I'm not sure about you, but I think we have as good, if not a better, chance of signing him were we to solidify any interest.

Keisuke Honda is not guaranteed to be moving this summer, so Milan may wait until January to sign him on a free and then be willing to sell Urby.

JackyFulham90

I like Emanuelson he is a talented player, very versatile can do a good job in a number of positions from what I saw of him he is better centrally would be a really good signing for us

Whiteroom

I'd be delighted if this happened. He looked quick and attacking when he played for us.

TWFL

Honda will sign for Milan in January on a free. So we could see some movement regarding Urbs then. Would love to have him back, I'm a big fan.

IranianCottager

I just don't see any space for Urby.
We have Dejagah, Duff, Kacaniklic, Frei, and Mesca for wings, and Ruiz, Kasami for CAM.

TWFL

Quote from: IranianCottager on July 25, 2013, 03:33:44 PM
We have Dejagah, Duff, Kacaniklic, Frei, and Mesca for wings, and Ruiz, Kasami for CAM.
We need another winger as it is. It's clear. Duff has no pace, Frei is extremely inconsistent and Mesca has a bad case of the AJ (injury prone). That leaves us with little effective back-up. Not saying Urby would be back-up but he'd provide some better competition for the current starters.

Apprentice to the Maestro

I agree. He had some nice touches but I don't see him as taking hold of a game and making things happen or being a goalscorer which are where our needs lie.

Apprentice to the Maestro

Quote from: TWFL on July 25, 2013, 03:39:38 PM
We need another winger as it is. It's clear. Duff has no pace, Frei is extremely inconsistent and Mesca has a bad case of the AJ (injury prone). That leaves us with little effective back-up. Not saying Urby would be back-up but he'd provide some better competition for the current starters.

You really know how to trash our squad.

Duff is probably just going to come on when we are in the lead and need to close out the game. His defensive skills and experience will be useful.

Frei, I would have thought, is rather too consistent. Pace, nice touches but has not yet linked well with the other players. We have not really seen him much in the last year because of injuries and the loan. Again, currently good quality back up with potential.

Mesca has had one serious injury but looked good in Costa Rica.

The way you put it sounds as though you would have Duff and Mesca taken behind the stand at Motspur Park and shot like a pair of old lame nags.