watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Jol has no excuses

Started by JackyFulham90, July 26, 2013, 09:41:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JackyFulham90

I am a fan of Jol but this is a big season for him there can be no excuses this is totally his squad now.
The players that have left the club since he took over

Schwarzer
Kelly
Baird
Davies
Etuhu
Murphy
Gera
Dembele
Dempsey
Johnson
Zamora

Am sure I've missed a few but they are the bigger names moved on, only Hughes , Hangeland & Duff remain.

This is totally his squad now

leonffc

He didn't have any valid excuses for his stupid tactics / decisions last season!

General

Stockdale is still here, etheridge too...

JackyFulham90

Losing Dempsey & Dembele was a blow the I injury to Diarra was a killer, the last 8 games were really poor but we still finished a respectable 12th but this season we really need to push on

Jimpav

He needs a good start otherwise I can see him gone by Christmas. I can't see the new owner giving him many chances.

Riverside

Wow
Started on Jol already !

JackyFulham90

Quote from: Riverside on July 26, 2013, 10:05:16 PM
Wow
Started on Jol already !

If you read my post I said I'm a fan of Jol, he has made a lot of changes at Fulham hopefully this season we will benefit from that

Riverside

Quote from: JackyFulham90 on July 26, 2013, 10:31:01 PM
Quote from: Riverside on July 26, 2013, 10:05:16 PM
Wow
Started on Jol already !

If you read my post I said I'm a fan of Jol, he has made a lot of changes at Fulham hopefully this season we will benefit from that

The no excuses heading has a degree of threat to it :-)

Aaron

Bassey the warrior

Sacking him half way through the season would be foolish, unless we're at the foot of the table points adrift, which we won't be.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: Aaron on July 26, 2013, 10:56:24 PM
JOL OUT

Why? Look at the talent he's brought to our club - Ruiz, Berbatov, Stekelenburg, Amorebieta. Could you ever have imagined such big names under Sparky or Roy?
We're on our way up, let's give him a chance to make things work with the right players.

EJL

Quote from: The Moose on July 26, 2013, 10:58:10 PM
JOL OUT

Why? Look at the talent he's brought to our club - Ruiz, Berbatov, Stekelenburg, Amorebieta. Could you ever have imagined such big names under Sparky or Roy?
We're on our way up, let's give him a chance to make things work with the right players.
I think he was joking...

epsomraver

JOL OUT

Yes, two still have to show they were worth buying and the other two are unknowns in the premiership, jacky is right he has no excuses this season

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: epsomraver on July 26, 2013, 11:03:03 PM
JOL OUT

Yes, two still have to show they were worth buying and the other two are unknowns in the premiership, jacky is right he has no excuses this season

Who are these two? Unknowns? They are all global stars. Neither Roy nor Hughes would've been able to lure them here.

epsomraver

Since when has Stekelenburg,or Amorebieta played in the Premiership? so many are so good in European leagues, Ruiz is a prime example and then struggle as Ruiz still does with the pace and the physical game of the top flight.Have you actually seen either of them play?

mungos beans

You sre right they are unknowns in the premier, and ruiz really has to  show his worth this season

Scrumpy

Quote from: epsomraver on July 26, 2013, 11:03:03 PM
JOL OUT

Well, we will know at the end of next season because Jol will be free to walk. Personally, I am proud that my Club gives Managers a fair and decent length of time to succeed rather than sack them left, right and centre.
English by birth, Fulham by the grace of God.

Lighthouse

Why would Roy or Hughes not be able to bring in these 'global stars'? Would they have been better at keeping the players we had? Open to debate.

Anyway the point is can Jol manage to bring in tactics this season that best manages the team he has? Last season it was disputed but I thought he was poor and his Fulham team often looked confused and uncertain. However this season he still has the excuse that we have just been taken over and have no idea if we will bring in players in time for Jol to make things happen.

Jol CAN make things happen. Last season he had to make do with loans and old men. We will see if Fulham can bring in the few players needed to make this Fulham side very good. We will see if Jol can make the team play to their strenghts.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: epsomraver on July 26, 2013, 11:12:14 PM
Since when has Stekelenburg,or Amorebieta played in the Premiership? so many are so good in European leagues, Ruiz is a prime example and then struggle as Ruiz still does with the pace and the physical game of the top flight.Have you actually seen either of them play?

Whether they've played in the PL or not is besides the point entirely. The point is they are big names.
And yes I've seen them play. Not in the PL of course.

epsomraver

Agree Beamer, as the thread says, this is all his now and no excuses, if he cannot get the side playing as a team as Roy did and we play attacking football then he should go.