watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Best of Maarten Stekelenburg!

Started by Bryanthebroom, July 28, 2013, 09:46:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bryanthebroom

With all the doom and gloom surrounding Fulham at the moment - another rubbish away perfomance/transfer embargoes and whatnot. Found this video to cheer everyone up a bit!

His reading of the game at 3.30 is awesome. The man is a cat.

The Best of Maarten Stekelenburg - A.S. Roma 2011-2012

The Swan

Stekelenburg looks good. I did notice that he can't hold the ball so I hope our defenders follow into the penalty area to clear the ball away.
The Swan

TWFL

Quote from: The Swan on July 28, 2013, 10:03:59 PM
Stekelenburg looks good. I did notice that he can't hold the ball so I hope our defenders follow into the penalty area to clear the ball away.
But his kicking! Phwoar. Sooo much better than Schwarzer's. There was a point in the first half where he played a 30 yard ball straight to Richardson's feet. I was stunned.

cmg

He pulled off three amazing saves today. The one in the second half was even better when seen again as it took a  deflection late on.

Even I, who recieved my education in the nuances of goalkeeper 'distribution' from this board, could see that his 'lumps upfield' were things of much greater precision than ever Scwarzer could muster and he was always willing to get an attack going via a quick throw...The fact that it was always liable to be soon back with him from a Hangeland-Amorebieta-Sidwell passing move is another matter.

Lighthouse

Don't think there is any doubt he is a great keeper. In the friendly today he could have done better for the goal had he dived and had his head kicked in. So I guess we can't blame him for that. He may feel a bit over worked if we don't keep the ball up the other end better. But he looks very good.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

God The Mechanic

Quote from: Lighthouse on July 29, 2013, 12:05:45 AM
Don't think there is any doubt he is a great keeper. In the friendly today he could have done better for the goal had he dived and had his head kicked in. So I guess we can't blame him for that. He may feel a bit over worked if we don't keep the ball up the other end better. But he looks very good.

I imagine if it was a competitive game he more than likely would have.  Not worth it in a friendly.

sunburywhite

Quote from: Lighthouse on July 29, 2013, 12:05:45 AM

The ball was a back pass so he couldn't touch it with his hands until the forward had touched it, hence him going in with his feet
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me