more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Jol has no excuses

Started by JackyFulham90, July 26, 2013, 09:41:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: Lighthouse on July 26, 2013, 11:17:00 PM
Why would Roy or Hughes not be able to bring in these 'global stars'? Would they have been better at keeping the players we had? Open to debate.

Anyway the point is can Jol manage to bring in tactics this season that best manages the team he has? Last season it was disputed but I thought he was poor and his Fulham team often looked confused and uncertain. However this season he still has the excuse that we have just been taken over and have no idea if we will bring in players in time for Jol to make things happen.

Jol CAN make things happen. Last season he had to make do with loans and old men. We will see if Fulham can bring in the few players needed to make this Fulham side very good. We will see if Jol can make the team play to their strenghts.

Well they didn't did they. Neither managers have been known for attracting big names (without paying money) whereas Jol has.

epsomraver

Quote from: The Moose on July 26, 2013, 11:19:16 PM
Quote from: epsomraver on July 26, 2013, 11:12:14 PM
Since when has Stekelenburg,or Amorebieta played in the Premiership? so many are so good in European leagues, Ruiz is a prime example and then struggle as Ruiz still does with the pace and the physical game of the top flight.Have you actually seen either of them play?

Whether they've played in the PL or not is besides the point entirely. The point is they are big names.
And yes I've seen them play. Not in the PL of course.

Big names? who had heard of Amorebieta  until we were linked with them?

epsomraver

Quote from: The Moose on July 26, 2013, 11:21:53 PM
Why would Roy or Hughes not be able to bring in these 'global stars'? Would they have been better at keeping the players we had? Open to debate.

Anyway the point is can Jol manage to bring in tactics this season that best manages the team he has? Last season it was disputed but I thought he was poor and his Fulham team often looked confused and uncertain. However this season he still has the excuse that we have just been taken over and have no idea if we will bring in players in time for Jol to make things happen.

Jol CAN make things happen. Last season he had to make do with loans and old men. We will see if Fulham can bring in the few players needed to make this Fulham side very good. We will see if Jol can make the team play to their strenghts.

Well they didn't did they. Neither managers have been known for attracting big names (without paying money) whereas Jol has.

Rubbish absolute rubbish Who has Jol brought in without paying money then? Who brought Moussa to Fulham, one of the best players to ever don a Fulham shirt?

Bryanthebroom

Quote from: epsomraver on July 26, 2013, 11:22:07 PM
Since when has Stekelenburg,or Amorebieta played in the Premiership? so many are so good in European leagues, Ruiz is a prime example and then struggle as Ruiz still does with the pace and the physical game of the top flight.Have you actually seen either of them play?

Whether they've played in the PL or not is besides the point entirely. The point is they are big names.

I think quite a lot of people who watch ANY football outside of the prem would have. Bilbao under Bielsa were reknowned for their attractive attacking style of play - especially after the world saw them demolish United over two legs in the Europa league.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: epsomraver on July 26, 2013, 11:22:07 PM

Do some research. Big clubs were after him in previous years. Arsenal were linked last summer. Liverpool in January.

Bryanthebroom

Quote from: epsomraver on July 26, 2013, 11:24:08 PM

Rubbish absolute rubbish Who has Jol brought in without paying money then? Who brought Moussa to Fulham, one of the best players to ever don a Fulham shirt?

Moussa probably the only non-Jol example of a world class player to be brought in under Mark - and he hardly set the world alight until Jol moved him to a deeper position.

As for who Jol's brought in - Riether, Berbatov, Petric, Karagounis and Rodders for 5 mil. They've all done a job by keeping us in the prem.

epsomraver

You obviously didn't watch his first game when he came on against Man U? his fantastic play in the Europa league he had the talent way before Jol moved him.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: epsomraver on July 26, 2013, 11:24:08 PM

I poorly elucidated my thoughts there. What I meant was that neither manager had a reputation for attracting big name players through mostly due to their own reputation. Hufges signed big players at Man City but Man City paid very well.
Jol got Berba for example on a fraction of his Man Utd wages.
By the way Dembele wasn't a big name before Hughes brought him here, so the comparison is irrelevant.

westcliff white

Kahn will give him the season unless he spends bid this summer.

Re dembele and Dempsey they were the 2 he could not control in as far as it was out of his hands. Dembele had a release clause and Dempsey pissed of big mo allegedly. The rest he has moved on, some I would say at the right time
Every day is a Fulham day

epsomraver

Oh of course Ferguson was desperate to hang on to his top player! 4th in the pecking order?How do you know what wages he is on? the club never release any details like that, it is all press speculation.

Bryanthebroom

Quote from: epsomraver on July 26, 2013, 11:33:42 PM
You obviously didn't watch his first game when he came on against Man U? his fantastic play in the Europa league he had the talent way before Jol moved him.

Sorry but I feel like you're really nit picking here. Clearly he's always been a very talented player - but the point was that Jol gas brought us higher quality players than we've had before. Apart from Moussa - who had up until Jol's tenure been a striker who did not score goals - I would say that this is true.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: epsomraver on July 26, 2013, 11:36:48 PM
Oh of course Ferguson was desperate to hang on to his top player! 4th in the pecking order?How do you know what wages he is on? the club never release any details like that, it is all press speculation.
Oh come off it. This is one of the richest clubs in the world and he was first choice for quite a while, likely to have been on huge wages.
We beat off competition from big clubs to sign him and he made it clear it was working with Jol that brought him here.  

Lighthouse

I will honour my promise not to be critical of Jol until Christmas. After all he hasn't actually done anything yet. We have played the same way in friendly games but now we may bring in players of a better calibre.

However making comments that Jol attracts a better class of player than our other managers has yet to be proved. Otherwise we have to say he has fallen out with a few as well. But then there is always excuses for Jol by those who don't see anything wrong with the dullest of seasons we had to endure last year or put it down to losing players that was out of his control.

So the point still is this. Jol has been with us for a few seasons. I haven't enjoyed his style of football even in the season before last. I hope Jol manages to bring a spark to the side and actually attack sides this year. With the addition of one or two players he may be able to. But as we have learned many times before. Big names from abroad do not ALWAYS make it in the Prem. So let's wait and see.

The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: Lighthouse on July 26, 2013, 11:47:11 PM
I will honour my promise not to be critical of Jol until Christmas. After all he hasn't actually done anything yet. We have played the same way in friendly games but now we may bring in players of a better calibre.

However making comments that Jol attracts a better class of player than our other managers has yet to be proved. Otherwise we have to say he has fallen out with a few as well. But then there is always excuses for Jol by those who don't see anything wrong with the dullest of seasons we had to endure last year or put it down to losing players that was out of his control.

So the point still is this. Jol has been with us for a few seasons. I haven't enjoyed his style of football even in the season before last. I hope Jol manages to bring a spark to the side and actually attack sides this year. With the addition of one or two players he may be able to. But as we have learned many times before. Big names from abroad do not ALWAYS make it in the Prem. So let's wait and see.

I never talked about the class of player, merely the reputation of player. It's hard to dispute we have a team of more globally renowned players than we did with those managers, or indeed any that mabaged us in the PL.

BarryP

Wait and see what happens! It would be the logical and reasoned thing to do wouldn't it.  Good post sir.
"Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never--in nothing, great or small, large or petty--never give in, except to convictions of honor and good sense."

Scrumpy

Quite. But as a regular 'away' follower I have to say that this Jol team is far, far better to watch than any of Roy's teams. Hughes was better than Roy, but Jol's team have been the best to watch away from home, without doubt. Conversely, he has messed up big time at home on occasions.
English by birth, Fulham by the grace of God.

Lighthouse

Quote from: Scrumpy on July 26, 2013, 11:54:30 PM

Quite. But as a regular 'away' follower I have to say that this Jol team is far, far better to watch than any of Roy's teams. Hughes was better than Roy, but Jol's team have been the best to watch away from home, without doubt. Conversely, he has messed up big time at home on occasions.

You shock me. I haven't been to an away game and only watched streams. But I find watching streams of water far better than Jols team away. There were whole matches away we never had an effort or shot on goal. Still if nothing else Jol does devide the fans.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Admin

Quote from: Lighthouse on July 27, 2013, 12:10:19 AM

You shock me. I haven't been to an away game and only watched streams. But I find watching streams of water far better than Jols team away. There were whole matches away we never had an effort or shot on goal. Still if nothing else Jol does devide the fans.

Norwich away last season, and I've seen some drab performances in my time as a Fulham fan, believe me. That game is up there with the best and still to this day, I can't believe how we didn't come away with 3 points. If ever there was a team on the day that were there for the taking, it was Norwich. Some of the most negative, defensive, boring football I've ever witnessed.

Scrumpy

Quote from: Admin on July 27, 2013, 12:18:03 AM
Quote from: Lighthouse on July 27, 2013, 12:10:19 AM

Norwich away last season, and I've seen some drab performances in my time as a Fulham fan, believe me. That game is up there with the best and still to this day, I can't believe how we didn't come away with 3 points. If ever there was a team on the day that were there for the taking, it was Norwich. Some of the most negative, defensive, boring football I've ever witnessed.

Ah yeah. I'd forgotten that one! That was truly awful. Still, apart from Norwich away, I have to say that this Jol team.............. :005:
English by birth, Fulham by the grace of God.

Brown@FFC

If there is no improvement in football in the first two months, Jol will be gone. I don't think Khan will be taking any poo from him.