watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Mesca or Frei?

Started by JackyFulham90, July 30, 2013, 05:01:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MasterHaynes

Sunderland away will be tough and physical against a fired up team in a front of a very loud and intimidating crowd,(bet we get very few decisions).

I agree with elgreenio, Jol will probably pick Richardson with Risse behind him making it solid and combative. A point away on the first day would be a good result, especially against a team that will be physical - 2 opponents badly injured in their last two friendlies, blame the pitch but the other constant is Sunderland, no Sunderland players were injured?

KP_FFC

mesca, really like him atm

MJG

Ahhh do we all remember the days when Frei burst on the scene and we all wanted him to play? Two years later people are happy to off load him.

valdeingruo

Mesca would be nice, as he has worked well with the first team. If it were both a choice of fitness. Frei would edge it. However it will be risse in the back with Duff or Rich on the left.
Self proclaimed tactical genius, football manager approved.

http://imgur.com/a/A1mhi

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: MJG on July 30, 2013, 07:52:31 PM
Ahhh do we all remember the days when Frei burst on the scene and we all wanted him to play? Two years later people are happy to off load him.

I'm not happy to offload him but he does need to work on his all round game and from what little I've seen of Mesca, and it's no more than our pre-season games, he looks more well rounded. Loan out Frei and give Mesca time in the first team would be my call.

Holders

I've never seen Mesca play so can't really comment but, comparing the two, with Frei's experience if Mesca gets the nod It'll be a setback for Frei. On the other hand, is Sunderland away the best place to give a kid his first start? If Kaca isn't fit, at least Frei has the experience.

Having said that, I'd probably go for Kasami, who's certainly got the b@lls.

Non sumus statione ferriviaria

fulhamben

Quote from: alfie on July 30, 2013, 05:25:02 PM
He is on a loser either way, if he plays either of Frei/mesca/kasami and we loose then he will be accused of picking the wrong team, and of course that works the same if he plays Duff or Richardson.

or he picks a kid and we win.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

hongkongfulham

after watching gardner at RB the other day, i think a mesca or frei would do well going at him. WE GONNA WIN INNIT!

alfie

Quote from: fulhamben on July 31, 2013, 01:39:05 AM
Quote from: alfie on July 30, 2013, 05:25:02 PM
He is on a loser either way, if he plays either of Frei/mesca/kasami and we loose then he will be accused of picking the wrong team, and of course that works the same if he plays Duff or Richardson.

or he picks a kid and we win.

Very true, did not occur to me that of course we are going to win.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

WhiteJC

Craven Mad

Based on today (and assuming there are no returns from injury, I'd like;

Stockdale
Sascha  -  Hughes - Brede  -  Briggs
            Boateng  -  Tarbs/Kasami
   Frei                 -            Mesca
                   Tarbs/Berba
                   Bent/Berba

At least we'd have some pace in attack. 5 shots is not good enough..

Me-ate-Live, innit??

Frei will probably go to Turkey

..............If We need the money and we might