watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Yesterday

Started by SouthfieldWhite, August 07, 2013, 09:09:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SouthfieldWhite

I was lucky enough to be down the training ground yesterday, with 2 massive bonus which I didn't know about prior to going.

First was Adel Taarabt doing his medical, I watched him be put through his paces and he seemed happy to be here.
I managed to grab him when he came off to go back in the changing room and welcomed him to Fulham, he seemed very please and only time will tell if its a good move.
Diarra came out to do a bit and Adel went up to him to shake his hand and have a chat

Diarra wasn't out there long so imagine he is slowly building his fitness up still, although he hasn't signed and no signs that he will, only time will tell

Kerim frie was hanging about so spoke to him to ask if he is fully fit which he said he was, so don't know where the rumours about he's already signed for Galatasray has come from

I then had the added bonus of finding out a Fulham eleven were playing Cypriot side Limasol.
We had a very strong team out with a good mixture of youngsters on the bench

Seemed like banter was flowing between players and everyone seemed in high spirits

We started well but the Cypriots soon knew they would struggle to match us so started fouling, they were very physical

We took the lead early through Dino Islamovic but after that it became a bit scrappy, mainly to the game being stopped for free kicks

Chris David looked the best player and was pulling the strings in midfield, senderos was very vocal and was doing the organising.
We didn't really push on second half and lacked something in the final third , but it was still a good run out for those who didn't get much playing time against Betis

Zu-Meister

is david a centre mid or an attacking mid, like ruiz and kasami, and even taarabt. i think of all the youngsters, he has the most chance of breaking through, but if he has all those players in front of him, i wonder whether he will be happy with staying with the development squad.

Ordar

Thanks for the update! I dont suppose you asked Adel whether it was a permanent move?

What position was David playing for the XI? The number 10 role?

SouthfieldWhite

David seemed to be suing the play maker role in midfield , second half Kasami dropped into that role and David got forward a bit more

The one thing we lacked was people in the box at times, islamovic led the line with Kasami playing just behind

I didn't ask Adel about if it was going to turn into a permanent deal, I was lucky just to say hi and welcome to Fulham

He sat up on the canteen balcony to watch the game and seemed to be happy and enjoying himself

General

Don't suppose you saw any other professional players walking around at the time?

Thanks for the insight too...

Was he wearing fulham kit when you saw him?

SouthfieldWhite

Yes I saw Rodallega, Ruiz was apparently in although I didn't see him and all the ones who played in the afternoon

Taarabt was in full Fulham training gear, he even asked to have his photo taken with me, which although I was unsure about at first, I finally gave in ;-)

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: SouthfieldWhite on August 07, 2013, 10:57:18 AM
Yes I saw Rodallega, Ruiz was apparently in although I didn't see him and all the ones who played in the afternoon

Taarabt was in full Fulham training gear, he even asked to have his photo taken with me, which although I was unsure about at first, I finally gave in ;-)

The famous celebrity FOF poster. He'll treasure that picture, frame it and show the grandchildren.

Alternative

May we know how you came to be there?

I thought the training ground was off limits to most  - unless there is a reserves match on.

General

Quote from: SouthfieldWhite on August 07, 2013, 10:57:18 AM

I meant professional players as in ones you didn't know who looked like they may have been there to talk terms etc? Like darren bent but less well known to you.

SouthfieldWhite

Quote from: Alternative on August 07, 2013, 11:12:09 AM

I thought the training ground was off limits to most  - unless there is a reserves match on.

My dad owns  a coporate  helicopter business , he let me use one to fly over Motspur Park, we hovered about a 100 feet over the training ground so saw everything, as soon as I saw Adel leave the pitch, I chucked a ladder down and caught him to have a quick word, I then saw security running towards me so shouted to the pilot to get me out of there , we flew away with me still on the rope ladder attached to the helicopter ;-)

CincyFulham1

Quote from: SouthfieldWhite on August 07, 2013, 01:02:08 PM
Quote from: Alternative on August 07, 2013, 11:12:09 AM

I thought the training ground was off limits to most  - unless there is a reserves match on.

My dad owns  a coporate  helicopter business , he let me use one to fly over Motspur Park, we hovered about a 100 feet over the training ground so saw everything, as soon as I saw Adel leave the pitch, I chucked a ladder down and caught him to have a quick word, I then saw security running towards me so shouted to the pilot to get me out of there , we flew away with me still on the rope ladder attached to the helicopter ;-)

Oddly enough I doubt your story. 

LBNo11

...Southfield White was at Motspur Park yesterday, and did have his photo taken with Taarabt - I have the photo to prove it - if SW wants it posted. SW is too modest to say he is a football coach and is a regular attendee at MP, as well as single handedly running the official Fulham Supporters Club and the man who instigated the Johnny Haynes statue campaign - oh! and one of the most helpful and generous guys around. If that wan't enough he regularly organizes large groups of people to attend at Craven Cottage either as neutrals or foreign Fulham supporters.

I would take him at his word - apart from the helicopter bit of course..!
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

SouthfieldWhite

Quote from: LBNo11 on August 07, 2013, 03:01:04 PM
...Southfield White was at Motspur Park yesterday, and did have his photo taken with Taarabt - I have the photo to prove it - if SW wants it posted. SW is too modest to say he is a football coach and is a regular attendee at MP, as well as single handedly running the official Fulham Supporters Club and the man who instigated the Johnny Haynes statue campaign - oh! and one of the most helpful and generous guys around. If that wan't enough he regularly organizes large groups of people to attend at Craven Cottage either as neutrals or foreign Fulham supporters.

LB, you're a top guy and a good mate, but no need to cover and lie for me

I can confirm all what LB has just said is false, including the helicopter bit, as that is what really happened, I clung on for dear life and won't be doing that again

BUT if anyone else wants to try it I can ask my dad to give you a discount if you want to hire a helicopter to spy on the comings and goings at Motspur Park

Vinnieffc

Quote from: SouthfieldWhite on August 07, 2013, 03:08:09 PM
Quote from: LBNo11 on August 07, 2013, 03:01:04 PM

LB, you're a top guy and a good mate, but no need to cover and lie for me

I can confirm all what LB has just said is false, including the helicopter bit, as that is what really happened, I clung on for dear life and won't be doing that again

BUT if anyone else wants to try it I can ask my dad to give you a discount if you want to hire a helicopter to spy on the comings and goings at Motspur Park

Look. I and many others have seen the Queen and James Bond skydive into a sporting arena so it's not so far fetched as it sounds. May I suggest you change your Forum name to 'Chopper' ?  :005:

zschwartz

Good stuff, Southfield, thanks for the update and match report. well done and congrats on the access, however it's come about.