more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Man City U21's 1 - 2 Fulham U21's

Started by Rhys Lightning 63, August 11, 2013, 02:54:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rhys Lightning 63

Cauley Woodrow with both our goals.

Given Jol's use of the youngsters in previous seasons (Frei, Kaca, David, Mesca etc), what are the chances of him making his first team debut before Christmas?
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

alexbishop

At least whenever things get really depressing for our first tesm we can turn our attentions and enjoy the successes of our academy teams.
Fulham Fan Est. 1997

t: @alexmbishop

fulhamben

Quote from: Riether Lightning 63 on August 11, 2013, 02:54:07 PM

Given Jol's use of the youngsters in previous seasons (Frei, Kaca, David, Mesca etc), what are the chances of him making his first team debut before Christmas?
judging buy jols comments yesterday, i reckon he will be second choice by then. but seriously reckon he might get on the bench for a cup game
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Rhys Lightning 63

Quote from: fulhamben on August 11, 2013, 03:09:31 PM
Quote from: Riether Lightning 63 on August 11, 2013, 02:54:07 PM

judging buy jols comments yesterday, i reckon he will be second choice by then. but seriously reckon he might get on the bench for a cup game

Burton Albion are a League 2 side, surely they aren't at a much better level than an U21 side
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

Frankie-Peter Taylor

Cauley Woodrow is the complete article, he can provide everything which puts him a step above Marcello Trotta. I hope he features against Burton rather than Hugo Rodallega but he may have a bench spot.

MasterHaynes

I see members get free entry to home games at the cottage,hope most of the U21 games are going to played at the cottage. I will definitely be going on friday night to see them play Boro, it will great watching a Fulham team dominate the opposition at the Cottage even though Boro have some good youngsters themselves.

It'll be interesting to see Sean Kavanagh's form and whether he could step up if Riisse does go. Hope  to see a cameo from Tom Richards see how he fares against faster and bigger players as in last seasons U18 final he was awesome also see whether Minkwitz can reproduce his dominating form as this season is make or break for him.
Two players that I always felt would make it since watching them in the 2012 semi were Woodrow and Passeley and readng the write up on the City game looks like they are on Track.

I have always enjoyed watching the academy, really good football and they all play with such belief, probably comes from constantly scoring and winning games;definitely worth catching the game if your able too, beats whats on the TV on Friday night.

cmg

Quote from: Frankie-Peter Taylor on August 11, 2013, 04:00:32 PM
Cauley Woodrow is the complete article, he can provide everything which puts him a step above Marcello Trotta. I hope he features against Burton rather than Hugo Rodallega but he may have a bench spot.

Yes. Trotta gets goals, but is much more of an old-fashioned English centre-forward (even though he is Italian!). Woodrow has a more all round game and is a more modern type of striker, quicker than Trotta and with better control, he also gets goals.
I am all for patience when it comes to developing players and I know there is a big differnce between the development teams and first team level, but I feel we may have missed a trick by not giving Woodrow an airing this preseason.

Same, really, goes for Kavanagh, who is a superb crosser of the ball and a good defender. Perhaps it is the knowledge that we have him, and Tom Richards, up our left-back sleeve, that makes us cool on the Riise/Briggs/Richardson situation, but it would be nice to have seen him given some preseason involvement.

Intersting to see that Passley was again played midfield today, presumably wide.

Look forward to taking a look on Friday.

David Allen Crankshaw

Just got home from the game and both goals from Cauley Woodrow were well taken. The first came from  a cross from the left wing which he controlled well before hitting it left foot into the bottom corner. The second came when City failed to clear a right wing corner and when the ball was put back into the box a neat header was all that was needed. I hope he gets a place on the bench for the Burton game. On an interesting note one of the City fans informed me that one of City's second half substitutes was the son of Andy Cole.