more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Riise: I am leaving Fulham this summer

Started by Hoppus, August 09, 2013, 04:57:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheManOnTheBus

Riise tweet last night:

@Johnariise3: "@JohnoOkeeffe61: @Johnariise3 you leaving Fulham??" Depends . But at the moment it's likely .. If not, I'm gonna fight for my spot

"likely"

Off he goes

Northern Cottager

Quote from: TheManOnTheBus on August 11, 2013, 09:45:34 AM
Riise tweet last night:

@Johnariise3: "@JohnoOkeeffe61: @Johnariise3 you leaving Fulham??" Depends . But at the moment it's likely .. If not, I'm gonna fight for my spot

"likely"

Off he goes
Why on earth do footballers insist on these pointless Q&A sessions on Twitter? They either get ripped to pieces like Downing and Bale did or they make themselves look like idiots by openly admitting they're going to be off, a week before the season starts.

Logicalman

Hmm, more than one source now .......

daily mail: Fulhams-John-Arne-Riise-talks-free-transfer-Werder-Bremen
Fulham Left-back John Arne Riise is in talks over a free transfer to Werder Bremen.
The German side had reportedly chased the Norwegian defender in 2009 while still at Roma, before he moved to Craven Cottage in 2011.
Riise has had a solid two seasons bck in the Premier League, playing 73 times for Fulham under Martin Jol.
Fulham have already strengthened their squad in the last week with the signing of QPR midfielder Adel Taarabt on a season-long loan, while they are also reported to be chasing Esteban Granero from Loftus Road.

fox sport sasia
Werder Bremen confirm interest in Riise
Werder Bremen director of sport Thomas Eichin has confirmed interest in Fulham's John Arne Riise, revealing that preliminary talks over a transfer have been held.
Bremen are in the market for a new full-back and Riise, who has been told he can leave Craven Cottage on a free-transfer, is one of the names on the list, according to Eichin.
"I'm talking to lots of agents and we're checking the market," he told Germany's Sky television.
"Riise is certainly an interesting player and I have always said that we're on the lookout for a left full-back.
"There have been talks, but that doesn't mean anything yet."
Bremen are looking to strengthen their squad after crashing out of the DFB-Pokal to fourth-division opponents for the third time in as many seasons last weekend.
That came off the back of the worst season in the club's recent history, bringing an end to Thomas Schaaf's 14-year reign as coach.
"We've got to keep touch with reality and work hard, taking small steps to get back to where we once were," said Eichin.
"I'd therefore like to ask for patience. You don't get that in the Bundesliga and I hope we can move into calmer waters where we can improve, but that doesn't happen overnight."

..  but nothing on the club site - as yet.