watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Big difference

Started by JackyFulham90, August 08, 2013, 09:51:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JackyFulham90

I have 3 guys at my work who made predictions for a final league table for a work bet they had Fulham finishing 12th , 14th & 11th which annoyed me, I asked them with the signing of Taarabt & probable signing of Bent where would we then finish it is now 10th , 8th & 7th from 1 Spurs , 1 Chelsea & an Arsenal fan.  Seems with Taarabt & hopefully Bent teams rate us a bit more

Brown@FFC

With Taarabt, Bent and a creator, be it Granero, Faurlin or Chantome, we will finish securely in the top half.

Frankie-Peter Taylor

I was asked to answer some questions for someone's blog previewing Fulham's season. I said most realistically, 12th-15th.

Enter the Frei

If we get a decent centre mid and striker and without too many injury problems I could see us finishing comfortably in the top half. With the squad we currently have somewhere around 10th-14th

Deanothefulhamfan

I think similar to frankie in that we will finish 12th - 15th... A decent striker could make the difference to a top half finish or not

Count Berbatov

A midfielder away from a surprise top 7 finish
Berbatov has Cantona's knack of being the man amid a stampede towards the door who stops to notice a side exit that nobody else has seen.

Jonathan Northcroft on Berbatov:  "...like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons from a deckchair"

The Bronsons

If we get Bent and Jol finds a way to play him effectively in the same team as Taarabt and Ruiz and Bervatov, and nobody gets injured, we would be comfortably around 10th and could go as high as 7th in a fair wind.

But I'd settle for 17th, especially if we could arrange to win in injury time on the last day and send Stoke down in 18th on goal difference.

epsomraver

Quote from: The Bronsons on August 09, 2013, 08:14:38 AM
If we get Bent and Jol finds a way to play him effectively in the same team as Taarabt and Ruiz and Bervatov, and nobody gets injured, we would be comfortably around 10th and could go as high as 7th in a fair wind.

But I'd settle for 17th, especially if we could arrange to win in injury time on the last day and send Stoke down in 18th on goal difference.

It is a big IF

Craven Mad

Quote from: JackyFulham90 on August 08, 2013, 09:51:34 PM
I have 3 guys at my work who made predictions for a final league table for a work bet they had Fulham finishing 12th , 14th & 11th which annoyed me, I asked them with the signing of Taarabt & probable signing of Bent where would we then finish it is now 10th , 8th & 7th from 1 Spurs , 1 Chelsea & an Arsenal fan.  Seems with Taarabt & hopefully Bent teams rate us a bit more

I do agree with this though. I feel that we are one or two players from being a really good side. Equally, if we lost players, we are one or two players from being a relegated side..

It was very clear last season that without a few of our players (Berba in particular) we could have been relegated. Whether the missing piece is Bent/Gargano/Granero - I don't know - but we NEED a little more depth and a little more quality to be top 10 challengers..

beijing ben

Quote from: Craven Mad on August 09, 2013, 10:28:27 AM
Quote from: JackyFulham90 on August 08, 2013, 09:51:34 PM

I do agree with this though. I feel that we are one or two players from being a really good side. Equally, if we lost players, we are one or two players from being a relegated side..

It was very clear last season that without a few of our players (Berba in particular) we could have been relegated. Whether the missing piece is Bent/Gargano/Granero - I don't know - but we NEED a little more depth and a little more quality to be top 10 challengers..

Agree completely. As it stands right now we will be up against it with relegation a real possibility..

filham

We will be among the 14 teams closely scrambling to keep our heads above water and away from a relegation scrap. As always every game against any team not in the top six will be a 6 pointer. Other than to say we will fish in the bottom 14 anything can happen.

Brown@FFC

From this:

To potentially this:

IS A MASSIVE IMPROVEMENT.

HatterDon

Quote from: Brown@FFC on August 09, 2013, 08:24:18 PM
From this:

To potentially this:

From this

Martin Jol

to this

Martin Jol

is not.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

JackyFulham90

Quote from: Brown@FFC on August 09, 2013, 08:24:18 PM
From this:

To potentially this:

Very true I would be very happy with Buttner , Gargano & Bent

leonffc

The thing is, Buttner seems to be on everyones lips for some reason. IF Man utd sign Baines do people honestly expect Evra to be their back up left back? No chance, this bloke is poison unless he's playing and he's already made noises about going back to France.

So, IF UTD sign Baines, I suspect their back up LB will be ........ Buttner. Unless they want to rely on that useless Brazillian that was at QPR last season?

Nero

Useless at qpr last season you say. Im off to the  bookies put some money on fabio being our new left back

leonffc

Quote from: Nero on August 10, 2013, 07:25:45 AM
Useless at qpr last season you say. Im off to the  bookies put some money on fabio being our new left back

That did cross my mind when I was typing  fp.gif