watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Fulham v Palma game thread

Started by FC Silver Fox, August 10, 2013, 03:12:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barnettski

We were effectively playing with 10 men for the second half, we are better off putting Bryan or Taarabt upfront than him.

Other than that I thought the team played well. It was very clear that Parma were targetting our better players, and were very reckless in their challenges.

You've got to remember that we won't come up against this style of play in the premier league.

IranianCottager

Not that it matter, but what jersey number was Taarabt? Just out of curiosity...
Also, how did Dejagah do?

jarv

NO? Stoke. Cardiff. Sunderland......

farfouille

Quote from: Ordar on August 10, 2013, 05:48:56 PM
Taarabt played on the left, and looked very good. Duff played on the right when he came on.

Cheers. And thank God.
That means:
1. Ruiz will not be benched.
2. Dejagah will not be benched.
3. We will not buy Sako.
4. Taarabt will make the team stronger.
5. Jol is not crazy.
"Everybody's assuming [Berbatov will go] but as far as I know he is a Man United player....my mistake. Oh my God. He's a Fulham player."
- Rene Meulensteen

jarv

sorry, just got in, what's the score?

Ordar

Quote from: IranianCottager on August 10, 2013, 06:08:12 PM
Not that it matter, but what jersey number was Taarabt? Just out of curiosity...
Also, how did Dejagah do?

19. Dejagah is losing my faith. Doesn't seem to have a final ball, and cut inside far too much today. When he was switched to the left I don't think he touched the ball

EJL

I thought Dejagah was pretty good in the first half.
More of Kasami please, Jol.

mangoputney

Shahid KHANT #losingisthenorm #youdontknowwhatyourdoing #MacOut #sustainablerelegation

Brown@FFC

Quote from: mangoputney on August 10, 2013, 06:36:51 PM
Last 60 mins were woeful...

I am glad with the result, as it will hopefully kick Jol into action, and start signing the players we need. CREATIVE CENTRE MID and a PACEY FORWARD. It's not rocket science.

God The Mechanic

First 20 looked very promising, then it all went downhill.  I don't think it was helped by Parma's seeming determination to foul all the damn time.  Got a bit boring.

mangoputney

Quote from: Brown@FFC on August 10, 2013, 06:38:19 PM

I am glad with the result, as it will hopefully kick Jol into action, and start signing the players we need. CREATIVE CENTRE MID and a PACEY FORWARD. It's not rocket science.

We've wanted that for the last 12 months... Don't think it will change

Shoestring budget club for some unknown reason

Week to go & same dreary sideways slow paced nonsense
Shahid KHANT #losingisthenorm #youdontknowwhatyourdoing #MacOut #sustainablerelegation

Enter the Frei

We played really well for the first half an hour and were good value for the 1-0 lead through the first half. Second half though was a different story we made a lot of changes and Boateng in particular tired badly.

Hugo offered nothing again, he's becoming a problem. Sidwell great goal and better today, but I'm just not convinced he's good enough to be playing in there at all. Boateng was decent, don't think he was at his best ( messed up quite a few passes ), but he normally makes the right decision.

Richardson was good, Riise poor off the bench. Came on with about 10 minutes to go and was massively to blame for the goal didn't even get close to tracking his man.

David looks a good player, Mesca also looked decent though a little raw. Taarabt also had a decent impact on the game. Hoping Karagounis and Duff stay as nothing more than backup though, if Kara is more than that we'll be in big trouble.

Overall that game probably didn't tell us very much. Our first team looked good enough, but I think right now we're one of 5 or 6 teams that should be safely in mid table but if we get injuries to the wrong players we could be in trouble.

Brown@FFC

Quote from: Enter the Frei on August 10, 2013, 06:58:08 PM
We played really well for the first half an hour and were good value for the 1-0 lead through the first half. Second half though was a different story we made a lot of changes and Boateng in particular tired badly.

Hugo offered nothing again, he's becoming a problem. Sidwell great goal and better today, but I'm just not convinced he's good enough to be playing in there at all. Boateng was decent, don't think he was at his best ( messed up quite a few passes ), but he normally makes the right decision.

Richardson was good, Riise poor off the bench. Came on with about 10 minutes to go and was massively to blame for the goal didn't even get close to tracking his man.

David looks a good player, Mesca also looked decent though a little raw. Taarabt also had a decent impact on the game. Hoping Karagounis and Duff stay as nothing more than backup though, if Kara is more than that we'll be in big trouble.

Overall that game probably didn't tell us very much. Our first team looked good enough, but I think right now we're one of 5 or 6 teams that should be safely in mid table but if we get injuries to the wrong players we could be in trouble.

Well put. Agree with everything. Based on this game, I reckon after we sign a creator, Sidwell and Boateng will interchange quite a lot. Boateng is more threatening, but Sidwell is a hard worker. We need to do some business before Sunderland, otherwise we are in trouble. Rodallega is not premier league class, neither is Hughes.

Tonywa

Frankly Rodeillega could hardly have made less impact on the game if he had stayed in the dressing room rather than coming on.  If he's the only cover we have for Berbatov then we had better pray that Dima doesn't get injured.

Enter the Frei

by the way that Sidwell goal was very impressive, we'd probably had the ball for about a minute or two and had looked really comfortable switching the ball before we scored.

Lighthouse

Rodders is rubbish just look at all the passes he ....oh wait the service to him was non existant especially with all the changes in the second half. Berbatov WITH the first team playing did nice flicks and kicks and little all that was close to goal.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

FTID

Dejagah was awful in my opinion, he just wasn't getting back and helping Riether with Cassano and Biabiany. Going forward he seemed to lose the ball every time

Enter the Frei

Quote from: Lighthouse on August 10, 2013, 08:39:10 PM
Rodders is rubbish just look at all the passes he ....oh wait the service to him was non existant especially with all the changes in the second half. Berbatov WITH the first team playing did nice flicks and kicks and little all that was close to goal.

played a couple of really nice through balls and when someone passed him the ball he actually retained possession. Rodallega had the same team behind him for 15-20 minutes of the second half and he offered pretty much nothing.

Last season I stuck up for Rodallega because unlike Petric he offered something a little bit different, but these last two pre season games he has been awful and I'd expect us to have a better plan B than him come the start of the season.