News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR: Schwarzer's hideous howler vs Roma (video)

Started by Denver Fulham, August 11, 2013, 05:51:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stefano Okaka Chuka

Quote from: bmasar on August 11, 2013, 08:03:42 PM
Quote from: Stefano Okaka Chuka on August 11, 2013, 07:10:23 PM
Quote from: MasterHaynes on August 11, 2013, 06:33:29 PM
Quote from: Stefano Okaka Chuka on August 11, 2013, 06:06:38 PM
Quote from: Whiteroom on August 11, 2013, 04:12:48 PM
Quote from: Stefano Okaka Chuka on August 11, 2013, 04:05:10 PM
Love it! I sincerely hope he won't make the squad for the World cup.
I think that is very unkind. I don't have any hard feelings towards Mark at all. He wasn't going to get played here, so why not move on? He is a decent guy, who never said a bad word about Fulham. I sincerely hope he DOES make the squad for the world cup. He deserves it - professionally and personally.

I honestly don't get why we are so keen to forget he said he wanted first team football because of the world cup and Jol said he was offered a contract which he declined to sign, and then he moved to our rivals to warm the bench and get a last payday. Seems to me we have double standards: we slaughter Dempsey and Zamora, but we only have kind words for AJ and Schwarzer who did basically the same thing.
I don't know about you, but loyalty is essential for my judgement.
So, yes I am quite happy if he fails badly at Chelscum.
Simple , Dempsey and Zamora were under contract and bad mouthed the club and did their best to unsettle the team

So, it's ok for you if a Fulham player for the last 5 years (years not months) move to Chelsea or Qpr of all football teams in the world. I simply don't get it.

He was a Fulham player, not a lifelong Fulham fan. Like nearly any other player, he is going to go where it makes sense for him personally, regardless of whether it's a rival of an old team.

Let's see how principled your stand is when finances and family concerns come into play.

Exactly my point, he is not a lifelong Fulham fan and he certainly didn't show any kind of affection for our club by choosing to go to our rivals. Again, he could have gone literally ANYWHERE else in the premier league.
By the way, I am asking you this: are you a Fulham fan? Yes, I suppose you are. Then why on earth are you finding pathetic excuses like "finances and family concerns" (Please! He's a 41 years old footballer who spent the last two decades playing professional football!) just to explain that one of our former heroes has gone playing for our rivals?! Why are you SO willing to be kind to the guy even if he just slapped you right in the face?
She's a Flamenco girl
and dancing is her life
she said stay with me, stay with me
Viva el Fulham!

Stefano Okaka Chuka

Quote from: Denver Fulham on August 11, 2013, 07:45:39 PM
Fulham: "Thanks for five years, but we don't really want you anymore."

Schwarzer: "OK, I'll look around and make the best choice for me and my family ... Hmm, I can get games at a UCL club without moving and probably get a pay increase? OK."

Fulham fans: "INGRATE!!"

Yeah, that makes tons of sense.

Errr, I am afraid lots of things in football are not really rational and surely a rivalry between two clubs with the same postcode is one of those things. Even being a fan doesn't make any sense at all.
She's a Flamenco girl
and dancing is her life
she said stay with me, stay with me
Viva el Fulham!

YankeeJim

I think that is very unkind. I don't have any hard feelings towards Mark at all. He wasn't going to get played here, so why not move on? He is a decent guy, who never said a bad word about Fulham. I sincerely hope he DOES make the squad for the world cup. He deserves it - professionally and personally.

I honestly don't get why we are so keen to forget he said he wanted first team football because of the world cup and Jol said he was offered a contract which he declined to sign, and then he moved to our rivals to warm the bench and get a last payday. Seems to me we have double standards: we slaughter Dempsey and Zamora, but we only have kind words for AJ and Schwarzer who did basically the same thing.
Simple , Dempsey and Zamora were under contract and bad mouthed the club and did their best to unsettle the team

?????   fp.gif   :dead horse:
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

epsomraver

Putney

I don't begrudge Schwarzer for moving to Chelsea. Sure it contradicts what he initially said about wanting first team football but he probably wasn't expecting a club as big as that lot to come in for him. He'll have the chance to play in league cup games whilst still collecting winners medals (if they do win anything) and I doubt his place as Australia's first choice goalkeeper will be in jeopardy come the World Cup. I think people are also forgetting that Schwarzer has a family who seemed to be settled in South West London, so there's really no reason to move considering he'll probably be retiring after his contract with Chelsea expires.

bmasar

Quote from: Stefano Okaka Chuka on August 11, 2013, 08:28:20 PM
Quote from: bmasar on August 11, 2013, 08:03:42 PM
Quote from: Stefano Okaka Chuka on August 11, 2013, 07:10:23 PM

So, it's ok for you if a Fulham player for the last 5 years (years not months) move to Chelsea or Qpr of all football teams in the world. I simply don't get it.

He was a Fulham player, not a lifelong Fulham fan. Like nearly any other player, he is going to go where it makes sense for him personally, regardless of whether it's a rival of an old team.

Let's see how principled your stand is when finances and family concerns come into play.

Exactly my point, he is not a lifelong Fulham fan and he certainly didn't show any kind of affection for our club by choosing to go to our rivals. Again, he could have gone literally ANYWHERE else in the premier league.
By the way, I am asking you this: are you a Fulham fan? Yes, I suppose you are. Then why on earth are you finding pathetic excuses like "finances and family concerns" (Please! He's a 41 years old footballer who spent the last two decades playing professional football!) just to explain that one of our former heroes has gone playing for our rivals?! Why are you SO willing to be kind to the guy even if he just slapped you right in the face?

Finances and family concerns are "pathetic excuses"? Wow.

Yes I'm a Fulham fan, and I don't think he slapped me, or any other Fulham fan in the face. He signed somewhere that gave him a) lots of money, b) a chance to play in the CL, c) a chance to win a PL title, d) the ability to not have to uproot his family--at least for another year.

He's supposed to say no to all of that because he has to show affection for a former club? And I'm supposed to hold it against him--acting as if he just slapped me in the face? Sure, it's lame he said he wanted to start and he went somewhere he won't consistently, but he got a great offer he probably didn't anticipate.

It's a bunch of rich men playing a sport for a living, why would you take their actions personally?

I'm not being SO kind to MS. I'm just not taking his move personally.

f5shooter

It wasn't that long ago that he was quoted in the press that he was begging Mark Hughes to allow him to go to Arsenal......  while under contract.  No?

Putney

It's quite cute how fans bang on about loyalty. It's a load of nostalgic rubbish. Schwarzer honoured his contract and was released by the club. He's entitled to go where he wants.