watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Sunderland match thread

Started by grandad, August 17, 2013, 02:16:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mhbruce

Arsenal lost 3-1 to Aston villa...so we've got to get a result...

fulhamben

Quote from: Nero on August 17, 2013, 05:07:47 PM
Just another 37 points to go for safety
or 87 till we lift our first ever trophey
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Humbled

Great result...
could have done with it sticking more upfront as when we were under pressure the outlet wasnt there.
great result though, COYW

Rhys Lightning 63

@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

MisfitKid

I love to start my day with a W.   049:gif 049:gif 049:gif
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most...

Count Berbatov

Congrats everyone!
Something is different with Fulham this season
Berbatov has Cantona's knack of being the man amid a stampede towards the door who stops to notice a side exit that nobody else has seen.

Jonathan Northcroft on Berbatov:  "...like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons from a deckchair"

ScalleysDad

I'll join in the applause for Hughes as after the Parma game I thought that would be it and he would be back up for Amborieta. Have to applaud Jol a bit as well as he finally did what we had been howling for .... Kasami given a chance, Ruiz on the bench, a plan B with the new fella starting and but for the injuries Bent straight into the frontline. I wonder if he would have completed a full set and hauled Berbatov off for Bent as we needed to keep the midfield more solid than creative. Briggs had a troubled start but fair play he stuck to a task. However I hope he throws everything he learned from Riise in a bin. Far too often he was miles away from his man. I hope he gets a few games now.
Well done everybody, safe home you travellers, enjoy Edinburgh Mrs B and come on you whites

Enter the Frei

I'm sensing this'll do wonders for Kasami's confidence, gets to be the hero today and I'm sure Jol especially will make a big deal of it. Massive performance from the back 5 as well, once we'd scored it never really seemed in doubt.

ScalleysDad

Darn it a slight rethink. I had not considered Ruiz might be jet lagged.

Danitar

Do we know if stek's injury is bad?

EJL

Something I found on Reddit:

"Stekelenburg (A-) Did well with the saves he had to make, cool and composed like the clientele at a Dutch coffee shop. Hopefully just a knock on the shoulder.

Richardson (U - Unattended) Mr Richardson seems to like bunking off, we're concerned his "sick days" hide a more nefarious truth, will contact parents.

Hangeland (B+) Aside from a moment earlier in the day, didn't put a foot wrong, the Head Boy is invaluable to the class.

Hughes (B-) A quiet but well respected senior of the group, did his job to a satisfactory level.

Riether (B-) One of our newer students who joined on permanent basis recently, made some great forward runs, covers well and looks like he is fully settled.

Boateng (D-) An angry pupil who can be at times very clumsy, even if he is one of the biggest in the playground we feel he needs to learn some composure from Brede.

Sidwell (C-) After some suspensions last year it was pleasant to see Mr Sidwell last an entire day without troubles.

Kasami (A-) This pupil has had problems integrating into the class but after working hard over the summer holidays I can see a real change, one that is extremely positive and earned him a goal.

Duff (C+) We're not sure how this pupil isn't falling to pieces but he continues to provide an attacking option, though we fear this will be his last year with us

Taarabt (B-) The new boy transferred here last week so we didn't expect too much from him on his first day, he still produced some quality moments and dribbles extremely well. We hope he doesn't fall into the wrong crowd and continues his progress.

Berbatov (B-) This lad is undoubtedly the one that everyone in class wishes they could be, however he knows this and tends to be temperamental, even Headmaster Jol has been seen to be shouting at Mr Berbatov. That said he still provides a genius that is hard to find."

Ordar

I think that's harsh on Boateng. I thought he put himself about pretty well, broke up play numerous times. Few stray passes but nothing more than others. Jol said he's still not match fit, so I think there's more to come. He settled down after his booking.