watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

What's this I hear about a 16th minute tribute to Al-Fayed

Started by Rhys Lightning 63, August 23, 2013, 07:50:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rhys Lightning 63

Seen it bounced around on Twitter and the FFC Facebook page, don't know if anyone has heard anything about it and can tell me whether or not it's actually happening
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

Deanothefulhamfan

Great idea if they do it for one game...... We have to support our new owner going forward, hit would be a nice touch.

Also for those of you thinking about booing tarrabt tomorrow..... DONT

Buffalo76

Quote from: Deanothefulhamfan on August 23, 2013, 08:05:38 PM
Great idea if they do it for one game...... We have to support our new owner going forward, hit would be a nice touch.

Despite where Taraabts come from the main thing is he's now wearing the mighty black n white so support him and don't waste time booing.

farfouille

That's odd, Taarabt wants to be here and gets booed while Emanuelson could barely wait to get back to Milan and everyone loved him...  :023:
"Everybody's assuming [Berbatov will go] but as far as I know he is a Man United player....my mistake. Oh my God. He's a Fulham player."
- Rene Meulensteen

Deanothefulhamfan

I may have booed the team off if we have performed miserably...( even that is unacceptable) but to boo a new player on his debut, I think is disgusting. I was certainly one of the fans on the forum that wasnt at all happy with him coming to Fulham, but I would never boo an individual wearing a fulham shirt.

Just hope that it was the first and last time I read about it this season...

Fulham76

Quote from: Buffalo76 on August 23, 2013, 08:26:32 PM

Despite where Taraabts come from the main thing is he's now wearing the mighty black n white so support him and don't waste time booing.

He's seen the light now & brushed that filthy little club to one side. Don't forgot he couldn't wait to leave the ha ha's & join up with a proper club. As soon as he puts our shirt on he gets my support.

Chesh

Wasn't at the Parma game as I was abroad, but was it definitely booing and not that stupid shooooooooooot thing that has cropped up from time to time. If anyone was booing then they are total morons.

Also, that clapping thing at a certain minute of the game for Al Fayed would be a bit crass at Shad's first game, when Mo isn't even there.

Made in Hammersmith (1968)

Fulham76

I think a 16th minute tribute to the best owner in history is the least we can do. Personally, I think he should be allowed to stroll around the pitch at a home game very soon so that we can all show our appreciation for what he did for us.

leonffc

Quote from: farfouille on August 23, 2013, 08:31:44 PM
That's odd, Taarabt wants to be here and gets booed while Emanuelson could barely wait to get back to Milan and everyone loved him...  :023:

It also makes me laughs that Duff seems to be booed at every club around the country by fans for some reason or another but we (rightly) love him here despite his Chelsea links. The same links that Sidwell and the new saviour Parker have.
And yet Taarabt is booed on his debut and has more potential if he 'feels loved'

fulham traveller

never booed any ffc player, any performance(and there has been some that deserved it) I have never chanted for a manager to go, why, because I have been coming here for nearly 40 years, and I loving love it, 16th minute applause would be fantastic for al fayed, he deserves it, for fans less than 28 years old, al fayed has met my dreams and gone way way past them, don't care what his motives were, don't care about m,j statue, just love Fulham, as for booing tarrabt, hang your head in shame, it I had my way, I would publicly flog you

Me-ate-Live, innit??

Quote from: leonffc on August 23, 2013, 10:39:24 PM
Quote from: farfouille on August 23, 2013, 08:31:44 PM

It also makes me laughs that Duff seems to be booed at every club around the country by fans for some reason or another but we (rightly) love him here despite his Chelsea links. The same links that Sidwell and the new saviour Parker have.
And yet Taarabt is booed on his debut and has more potential if he 'feels loved'

I was in B block in the JH  for that game  and did not hear the booing and I doubt the player heard it either.
Duff  still gets a great reception at Chelsea but he handles it better that the Riisa/Liverpool lovefest.

Mind you if I was a Toon, he would not be my favourite returnee ...................................... Duff took them down !!!!!!! 

Herbie

So what is the tribute that is being planned?  I am trying to avoid ever having to sign up to twitter.  A minute of applause when the game clock hits 16?