watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Johnny Haynes Stand and the new TV gantry - merged topic

Started by Tonywa, August 24, 2013, 04:01:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

filham

My seat is towards the end of the JH stand and well  clear of this obstruction but it looked to me as if the new camera is on the halfway line and therefore interfering with the views from the most expensive seats. This sounds terrible, the club should apologise, rectify and compensate without delay.

Jack Fulham

Was in my Dads season ticket today as he is away and still got a good view. Anyone a few rows behind won't be able to the goal though. TV companies have survived without this camera in the past, I don't see why its necessary. The camera barely changes angle as well, I'd say it covers about 1/4 of the pitch. Can't believe the club have let this happen, especially in an area where season tickets are £750++

Jack Fulham

Me-ate-Live, innit??

Why don't they move it  to  the away end ...........................they will only have to look though it once a year

MJG

Quote from: Jack Fulham on August 24, 2013, 06:43:11 PM
Was in my Dads season ticket today as he is away and still got a good view. Anyone a few rows behind won't be able to the goal though. TV companies have survived without this camera in the past, I don't see why its necessary. The camera barely changes angle as well, I'd say it covers about 1/4 of the pitch. Can't believe the club have let this happen, especially in an area where season tickets are £750++
Its reaction cam, you know the one that just looks at the dugouts, its does not look at anything else.

MJG

Quote from: Jack Fulham on August 24, 2013, 06:44:36 PM
Has anyone got the best email to contact?
For who? BT sport says its not their fault, fulham say they had to have it, premier lge say its part of the contract.
Someone somewhere said, we need to have a camera opposite the dugouts. Now we have not had one for years and then BT sport come along...conclusion for me, is they asked for it and use it the most.

Steven Ageroad

I'm an F block season ticket holder and when I received the FFC email informing me new camera gantry 2 days before the first home game I complained about the short notice and that it would have been proper for the club to let us know the seat numbers effected. No reply.
Having attended the game today it does not totally spoil my view but feel very sorry for the people it does.
Two observations today. I watched the cameraman on and off during the match and the camera was just pointed at the dugout, If the camera is for shots of just the dugout  surely a small remote camera strapped further up the roof support would be sufficient.
Second observasion, even the camera man was complaining about the small space for him on the gantry when he stood up at half time to stretch his leg and complain about his back.

Jack Fulham

Quote from: MJG on August 24, 2013, 06:48:24 PM
For who? BT sport says its not their fault, fulham say they had to have it, premier lge say its part of the contract.
Someone somewhere said, we need to have a camera opposite the dugouts. Now we have not had one for years and then BT sport come along...conclusion for me, is they asked for it and use it the most.

Still, Fulham own the ground, if enough fans complain, they will do there best to remove. Can't believe its a reaction camera!!!!!!

MJG

Quote from: Jack Fulham on August 24, 2013, 06:51:19 PM

Still, Fulham own the ground, if enough fans complain, they will do there best to remove. Can't believe its a reaction camera!!!!!!
It is just for that, it aimed purly at the dugouts. when game play went either end it did not move.

Jack Fulham

Quote from: MJG on August 24, 2013, 06:53:22 PM

It is just for that, it aimed purly at the dugouts. when game play went either end it did not move.

I noticed, thought it was covering just the middle of the game which pissed me off. For dugouts makes it even worse. They need a camera man to point a camera at dugouts! Surely they can just get two fixed cameras put somewhere out of way directed at the dugouts. Ridiculous.

MJG

Quote from: Jack Fulham on August 24, 2013, 06:55:36 PM
Quote from: MJG on August 24, 2013, 06:53:22 PM

I noticed, thought it was covering just the middle of the game which pissed me off. For dugouts makes it even worse. They need a camera man to point a camera at dugouts! Surely they can just get two fixed cameras put somewhere out of way directed at the dugouts. Ridiculous.
Sarah Brookes is just tweeting that its mandatory and will investigate solutions

Jack Fulham

Surely you should use your common sense before something is made mandatory!

Alienating loyal fans......

nose

this is classic stuff the people that are the middle managers, that get good salaries that will be off if it all goes pear shapped do not give a monkies and do not understand what they have done.
for the first time ever the actions of the club are less than honourable

Darryl Henson

I expect to be barred from turnstiles by snaking queues of fans waiting for inefficient ticket distributors to leisurely thumb their way through filing systems dating back to the Haynes Stand facade, while crowd noise indicates that kick off is imminent.
I expect over-zealous and under-trained security staff with no hint of common sense to divide families and friends at turnstiles only for them to freely reunited on the other side.
I expect the season ticket of the guy in front not to work and for him to linger, whilst the queue behind becomes ever more frustrated, the poor punter not wanting to join the snaking queue, only for the sleepy ticket assistant to mouth instructions through a glass screen designed to stifle communication in the quietest of surroundings let alone an ever-increasingly frustrated football crowd.
I expect the under-trained, half-witted, incomprehenible staff, with no sense of preparation despite season after season of the same half-time debacle, at the same under-staffed refreshment counters, to run out of goods, spill the drink or even refuse to serve a coffee in a paper cup having run out of lids, despite punters having queued for the whole of the half-time interval.  As for the half-warmed pies - these have long since been abandoned.
I expect ill-trained stewards with only the mearest grasp of the English language to leave fans standing in the aisles whilst they work out the seating arrangements and then find the language to communicate the seat's whereabouts.
I expect guys to arrive late to their seats before kick off and the same guys to arrive late to their seats after the half-time interval.  I also expect these same guys to leave their seats before half time and full time.
I expect selfish fans, in the absence of stewards at aisle ends at the end of a game, wanting to avoid queues, blocking up the aisles and blocking out the views of loyal supporters wishing to see the whole game,
What I don't expect is for FFC to plant a camera between hundreds, if not thousands of stalwart and long-suffering season ticket holders in the Johnny Haynes Stand and the pitch for the sake of the TV punter.
'Without fans the game is nothing' I hear - clearly that's not FFC's view.
Mr Khan - so much for the 'remarkable relationship between club and supporters' you mention in your message accompanying the season ticket. A message of welcome that rings rather hollow in light of this intrusion.  Why no mention of the camera in this communication or before the tickets were purchased?  When did the club become aware of the requirement for a camera in such an intrusive position?
In the first instance I implore the fans in the Johnny Haynes stand up and shout out to get the gantry, camera and all removed or at least moved where no fans view is impeded.  If it isn't moved I for one will not be renewing my season ticket.  I can take a lot, but this could well be the last straw.

MJG

LBNo11

...surely in this day and age they could fix remote cameras operated by remote control to do the same job and place them under the roof in such away as not to obstruct any views..?
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

MJG

Quote from: LBNo11 on August 24, 2013, 07:46:20 PM
...surely in this day and age they could fix remote cameras operated by remote control to do the same job and place them under the roof in such away as not to obstruct any views..?
Dont be silly thats far too simple a solution. What you really need to do is put a gantry right in front of the national press and some of the most expensive ST's we sell. Then say there is nothing we can do we had to have it. But we can move you to the putney end for the rest of the season.

LBNo11

...great first post - I will have to merge it (a little later) with the post entitled 'That New TV Gantry' which was started earlier so as to tidy up the board and add to the list of disgruntled voices...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC