watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Johnny Haynes Stand and the new TV gantry - merged topic

Started by Tonywa, August 24, 2013, 04:01:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tonywa

Superb post from Darryl. I couldn't have put it better myself - and didn't ;-)

Tonywa

Quote from: Peabody on August 24, 2013, 05:51:13 PM
Looking at the offending gantry from the Riverside, it is obviously going to restrict people's view of the game and just why the club allowed it to be installed defies belief. Have you e-mailed the club yet? Because I am sure that they have broken their contract with. I bet the seats they moved you too made you very wet.

In fact the seat to which I was moved didn't make me wet, as I soon decided that not being able to see a fifth of the pitch was the lesser of two evils and moved back. 

Tonywa

He who rides a tiger............ the game has long since sold its should to the greater God of money and mere supporters like ourselves matter less and less to clubs.  In so many ways SUPPORTING (as opposed to just watching) Fulham was far more fun and involving when we were in the lower divisions. 

The three thousand
people who attended the game were actually important to the club in those days.

Fulham1959

It occurs to me that even "the view from South Texas" would have been better than the view from the middle of the JH stand.

:Get Coat gif:

The Enclosurite

As one of the three thousand I totally agree, although obviously I would rather not go back to those days.

Although not as bad as the people directly around the new gantry, my view from block J was also affected when the ball was in that area of the pitch so the actual problem is far more widespread than just the few that had the email.

Quote from: Tonywa on August 24, 2013, 08:25:54 PM
He who rides a tiger............ the game has long since sold its should to the greater God of money and mere supporters like ourselves matter less and less to clubs.  In so many ways SUPPORTING (as opposed to just watching) Fulham was far more fun and involving when we were in the lower divisions.  

The three thousand
people who attended the game were actually important to the club in those days.
¡COYW!

Otley

LBNo11

Quote from: Darryl Henson on August 24, 2013, 07:40:52 PM
I expect to be barred from turnstiles by snaking queues of fans waiting for inefficient ticket distributors to leisurely thumb their way through filing systems dating back to the Haynes Stand facade, while crowd noise indicates that kick off is imminent.
I expect over-zealous and under-trained security staff with no hint of common sense to divide families and friends at turnstiles only for them to freely reunited on the other side.
I expect the season ticket of the guy in front not to work and for him to linger, whilst the queue behind becomes ever more frustrated, the poor punter not wanting to join the snaking queue, only for the sleepy ticket assistant to mouth instructions through a glass screen designed to stifle communication in the quietest of surroundings let alone an ever-increasingly frustrated football crowd.
I expect the under-trained, half-witted, incomprehenible staff, with no sense of preparation despite season after season of the same half-time debacle, at the same under-staffed refreshment counters, to run out of goods, spill the drink or even refuse to serve a coffee in a paper cup having run out of lids, despite punters having queued for the whole of the half-time interval.  As for the half-warmed pies - these have long since been abandoned.
I expect ill-trained stewards with only the mearest grasp of the English language to leave fans standing in the aisles whilst they work out the seating arrangements and then find the language to communicate the seat's whereabouts.
I expect guys to arrive late to their seats before kick off and the same guys to arrive late to their seats after the half-time interval.  I also expect these same guys to leave their seats before half time and full time.
I expect selfish fans, in the absence of stewards at aisle ends at the end of a game, wanting to avoid queues, blocking up the aisles and blocking out the views of loyal supporters wishing to see the whole game,
What I don't expect is for FFC to plant a camera between hundreds, if not thousands of stalwart and long-suffering season ticket holders in the Johnny Haynes Stand and the pitch for the sake of the TV punter.
'Without fans the game is nothing' I hear - clearly that's not FFC's view.
Mr Khan - so much for the 'remarkable relationship between club and supporters' you mention in your message accompanying the season ticket. A message of welcome that rings rather hollow in light of this intrusion.  Why no mention of the camera in this communication or before the tickets were purchased?  When did the club become aware of the requirement for a camera in such an intrusive position?
In the first instance I implore the fans in the Johnny Haynes stand up and shout out to get the gantry, camera and all removed or at least moved where no fans view is impeded.  If it isn't moved I for one will not be renewing my season ticket.  I can take a lot, but this could well be the last straw.

...the club do look in on Friends Of Fulham and so the reactions to posts such as these will be seen and must be listened too otherwise they are selling their inheritance for a mess of pottage...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

stokesy

if it was the clubs decision its a disgrace,and we should get a petition to mr khan at the next home game Fulham supporters must all stick together on this football supporters have been took for granted for too long.tv companies wouldnt care if all the games had no crowds as long as they got there way

fulhamben

Quote from: stokesy on August 24, 2013, 09:26:54 PM
if it was the clubs decision its a disgrace,and we should get a petition to mr khan at the next home game Fulham supporters must all stick together on this football supporters have been took for granted for too long.tv companies wouldnt care if all the games had no crowds as long as they got there way

well according to a certain miss brookes, the club are looking for alternatives which suggests it was not impossed upon us to be exactly where it was put, or we wouldnt be able to try and place it else where
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

cmg

I rarely sit in he JH, and even when I do it usually isn't in the posh seats. But this thing is a total outrage. More than that, it is an insanity. It must be some kind of mistake.

Forget all this PR guff about 'mandatory'. That's just meaningless jargon - it cannot have the force of law - it's a lousy decision made by a nameless and unthinking suit. The way to deal with such decisions is simply to say "No thanks. That's stupid". If the powers-that-be decide, in their supposed wisdom, to decree that Clubs must accomodate some kind of low-to-medium level gantry thingy on the centre line then fair enough. If the Club decides to accept that, they must then decide how to accomodate it without inconveniencing existing paying customers. Or they can take a hit and accept that they will loose the seats obstructed by it (a lot of them, it would seem). They can't just bung it down in front of the paying public and say "sorry about that".  Someone must have made a mistake here. What next? 20ft. high advertising hordings immediately behind both goals? (p.s don't blame me if this actually happens).

If the Club disagrees with this thing, they should just say "No". Failing that a sign should be immediately attatched to it reading "This obstruction has been brought to you by the fine people at BT. Their message to you, their customers, is 'F*** Off home and watch it on TV".

Direct and sustained action must be remorseless. This kind of interferrence in our game should not be tolerated. The people who have made this 'mandatory' are bullies. They will crumble in the face of sustained hostile publicity, which is what they hate. The first thing is to establish exactly who, Club, League or BT, are responsible for this. And then subject them to the public ridicule they deserve.

fulhamben

Quote from: cmg on August 24, 2013, 09:54:27 PM
I rarely sit in he JH, and even when I do it usually isn't in the posh seats. But this thing is a total outrage. More than that, it is an insanity. It must be some kind of mistake.

Forget all this PR guff about 'mandatory'. That's just meaningless jargon - it cannot have the force of law - it's a lousy decision made by a nameless and unthinking suit. The way to deal with such decisions is simply to say "No thanks. That's stupid". If the powers-that-be decide, in their supposed wisdom, to decree that Clubs must accomodate some kind of low-to-medium level gantry thingy on the centre line then fair enough. If the Club decides to accept that, they must then decide how to accomodate it without inconveniencing existing paying customers. Or they can take a hit and accept that they will loose the seats obstructed by it (a lot of them, it would seem). They can't just bung it down in front of the paying public and say "sorry about that".  Someone must have made a mistake here. What next? 20ft. high advertising hordings immediately behind both goals? (p.s don't blame me if this actually happens).

If the Club disagrees with this thing, they should just say "No". Failing that a sign should be immediately attatched to it reading "This obstruction has been brought to you by the fine people at BT. Their message to you, their customers, is 'F*** Off home and watch it on TV".

Direct and sustained action must be remorseless. This kind of interferrence in our game should not be tolerated. The people who have made this 'mandatory' are bullies. They will crumble in the face of sustained hostile publicity, which is what they hate. The first thing is to establish exactly who, Club, League or BT, are responsible for this. And then subject them to the public ridicule they deserve.

i think some very large helium filled baloons should be bought into the gound by everyone sitting directly infront of that camera. make the string just long enough for the baloon to hover just infront of it at all times
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

The Equalizer

Key action points required:

-A letter to the club from as many affected supporters as possible.
-An online petition.
-Letters/emails containing pictures to the Football Supporters Foundation.
-As above but to the press.

This is utterly shambolic and cannot be allowed.
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

filham

Quote from: stokesy on August 24, 2013, 09:26:54 PM

Of course it was the club's decision . No one could enter the ground and build a structure like that without clearance from the club. Let's not listen to weak excuses but ask for those responsible to stand up and be counted.

MJG

That's why I don't let the club off on this one. Even if contractually they have to have a camera in that position, if I had been an official watching the put that up I would have said hold on a minute, that can't go there.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 4

Me-ate-Live, innit??

A Premier League spokesman told Press Association Sport: "We introduced new rules regarding the number and position of cameras.

"There are clearly always going to be issues at a ground like Craven Cottage; a fantastic old ground.

"It has limitations that the new owner (Shahid Khan) is trying to address."

A Fulham spokesperson told Press Association Sport: "To adhere to the broadcast regulations imposed by the Premier League we had to find a credible solution for a camera position that was a requirement.

"We understand it may have caused some issues for supporters and we will look to deal with those individuals to find a solution."

So the club will deal with individuals to find a solution eh, what  refund £50 or a move to the element seats

The Equalizer

Quote from: KCat on August 25, 2013, 12:02:39 AM
A Premier League spokesman told Press Association Sport: "We introduced new rules regarding the number and position of cameras.

"There are clearly always going to be issues at a ground like Craven Cottage; a fantastic old ground.

"It has limitations that the new owner (Shahid Khan) is trying to address."

A Fulham spokesperson told Press Association Sport: "To adhere to the broadcast regulations imposed by the Premier League we had to find a credible solution for a camera position that was a requirement.

"We understand it may have caused some issues for supporters and we will look to deal with those individuals to find a solution."

So the club will deal with individuals to find a solution eh, what  refund £50 or a move to the element seats

NO! The supporters mustn't have to bend to the whims of the broadcasters and Premier League - they MUST bend to the rights of the supporters!
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

The Doctor

Quote from: KCat on August 25, 2013, 12:02:39 AM

Credible solution?  Do me a favour, Fulham.

cmg

Just watched the BT coverage. The position in question seemed to provide a total of approximately 5 secs coverage. A close-up of a momentary brightening of Wenger's lugubrious features when the first goal went in, followed by further close-ups of the subs' quivering nostril hairs as they prepared to enter the fray. Hardly Acadamy Award winning stuff, and certainly not worth obscuring the view of half-a-stand (I exaggerate).

It seems clear now that the PL/BT have instructed Fulham to provide a position for a camera to perform a certain function. Someone at the Club has, ill-advisedly (I understate), decided that the present location provides a 'credible solution'. Once that person has been disabused of this idea I imagine the whole shooting-match will be taken down. If the club don't, fairly quickly, allow common-sense to prevail, it might still be worthwhile putting BT in the frame as they are more susceptible to adverse publicity.

God The Mechanic

Quote from: cmg on August 25, 2013, 01:56:13 AM

Just watched the BT coverage. The position in question seemed to provide a total of approximately 5 secs coverage. A close-up of a momentary brightening of Wenger's lugubrious features when the first goal went in, followed by further close-ups of the subs' quivering nostril hairs as they prepared to enter the fray. Hardly Acadamy Award winning stuff, and certainly not worth obscuring the view of half-a-stand (I exaggerate).

It seems clear now that the PL/BT have instructed Fulham to provide a position for a camera to perform a certain function. Someone at the Club has, ill-advisedly (I understate), decided that the present location provides a 'credible solution'. Once that person has been disabused of this idea I imagine the whole shooting-match will be taken down. If the club don't, fairly quickly, allow common-sense to prevail, it might still be worthwhile putting BT in the frame as they are more susceptible to adverse publicity.

I imagine if it hasn't been rectified by the next home game (and they have nearly 3 weeks) then there will be seriously angry fans by the bucketload.
If the seats aren't all season ticket only, then it may be worth fans just not buying them.  Couple of hundred unsold seats will look ugly, and reflect badly on all parties.

Peabody

Surely the club has entered a contract with the people affected, to provide a seat with the best possible view, reflected by the price they charge. Therefore, the club are now in breach of contract. I am no lawyer but have I got this wrong?