watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Johnny Haynes Stand and the new TV gantry - merged topic

Started by Tonywa, August 24, 2013, 04:01:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lighthouse

Frustrated Fulham supporters expressed their anger at the first home game of the season after a new television camera position restricted views in the main Johnny Haynes Stand
The camera, required as part of the bumper new television deal, was installed in front of the press box and season ticket holders who pay in the region of £750 for their seats.

Fans received an email on the eve of the first home Premier League game of the season, against Arsenal, informing that some seats would have a restricted view, but the reality was described as unacceptable by supporters.

Andrew Stanley, a season ticket holder for 35 years and a Fulham fan for 50 years, said: "It's totally intrusive, not just for people behind the gantry, but for people around it. Some people won't be able to see the goals.

London 24

The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Lighthouse

We have a referee who wears a watch that can tell him if Hawkeye 'sees' a goal.

We have people paying lots of money sitting at home, seeing the replays

Yet we have supporters sitting in a stand that can't see part of the pitch or part of the goal because of cameras.

Madness
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

grandad

Quote from: LBNo11 on August 24, 2013, 07:46:20 PM
...surely in this day and age they could fix remote cameras operated by remote control to do the same job and place them under the roof in such away as not to obstruct any views..?

They use remote cameras attached to the umpires chair at tennis matches. They are no bigger than hand held video cameras & show excellent quality pictures.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Steven Ageroad

Quote from: MJG on August 25, 2013, 12:42:31 PM
Its the angle the camera has to be at which is an issue. If they are not going to use a remote camera then the next best thing is to put it in the back row of jh stand behind the press. Now I know that would upset the 20 or 30 fans that may have to he moved but if it has to be there, then that's one solution.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 4

I't obviously doesn't effect you,MGJ, but I would be one of those 20 or 30 supporters that may have to be moved, I would not be happy, having been there for the last 18 years. Try something else!
Having mentioned on the first page of this topic, I watched the camera man and he just points the camera at the dugout , a remote would do exactly the same job.

jarv

I did not read all comments but am outraged by this sort of treatment.

1. Is there a LAWYER on here who might be able to help if the club don't remove it.

2. Can we start a PETITION on here, every FoF member should sign to try to help. (and other supporters sites).

It doesn't affect me, I dont even live in UK but would be as mad as hell if it did,

3. start a chant.....get your f....cameras out of here. (probably not the best method)

MJG

It does affect me and l gave it as an option to reduce the amount of fans affected. I have been on the case since yesterday about this and think the only option is take it down and stick a remote one in.BUT failing that the rear of stand could be one other option. If I had a choice there would be no camera.

jarv

Another thought.....everybody stand up for the game....they can't throw everyone out and the club will be in big trouble from the league.

MJG

If its not removed for next home game I'll be up for helping arrange some kind of protest at the game.

The Equalizer

I no longer have a season ticket, and I only attended 6 games last season, yet I will be using whatever influence I have to get rid of that thing. I honestly think that supporters of other clubs can get involved in this too - if it can affect us, it can affect all.
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

nose

it's not what is legal,
it's not being given money back
it's not even being offerd an alternative seat, although with that camera it would surely mean changing to the other side of the ground

what it is is the club not behaving decently towards their supporters.
the idea that 'every option was explored' is as laughable as it is ludicrous and I hope there was a misprint or misunderstanding somewhere along the way.
every option clearly was not explored and everyone in the central areas and many others have had their site lines badly comprimised... and to only tell us a couple of days in advance was a terrible thing to do.

For what the camera is needed for a much smaller remote device would be perfectly adequate, the PL and the broadcasters will not have at problem with that solution at Fulham! that solution clear was not explored!

LBNo11

Quote from: jarv on August 25, 2013, 03:03:03 PM

1. Is there a LAWYER on here who might be able to help if the club don't remove it.

2. Can we start a PETITION on here, every FoF member should sign to try to help. (and other supporters sites).

It doesn't affect me, I dont even live in UK but would be as mad as hell if it did,

3. start a chant.....get your f....cameras out of here. (probably not the best method)

...we have started a poll/petition, hopefully all fans will 'sign' it whether directly or indirectly affected, after all, it could happen to you next:- http://www.friendsoffulham.com/forum/index.php?topic=32083.0
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

MOR :

Quote from: LBNo11 on August 25, 2013, 09:34:58 PM
Quote from: jarv on August 25, 2013, 03:03:03 PM

...we have started a poll/petition, hopefully all fans will 'sign' it whether directly or indirectly affected, after all, it could happen to you next:- http://www.friendsoffulham.com/forum/index.php?topic=32083.0

POLL AT THE TOP OF THE PAGE...

FFCByTheRiver

Took this from my seat in H4 yesterday. Just for another angle of it. It's a f-ing monstrosity, and I guess another way of looking at it is how much it ruins the image of the JH stand!

If I can't see the fans behind it, they sure as hell can't see me and I sit right behind the goal..

Roberty

For whatever reason, someone saw fit to have the whole stand listed - we are now stuck with it - this is a classic case of "he who pays the pipe calls the tune" - the TV companies pay the money and the camera goes where they want it.

No amount of £700 seats are going to make up for what they pay.

Maybe someone needs to start a campaign to have parts of it de-listed, so the club can build a new stand behind the Stevenage Road façade.

Oh - and while we are at it maybe the "Cottage" can be moved to Bishops Park or even relocated to Motspur Park.

It could be better but it's real life and not a fantasy

Fulham1959

We have 'always' had TV views of the dugout area, so why an extra camera now ?

35 cameras (I think I have also heard the number 38 quoted) seems to be ever-so-slightly an overkill.  I guess half-a-dozen of them must be to do with the goal line technology.  But surely an angled view of the dugout from one end of a stand would be sufficient with the usual high quality zoom lens.

Are these people aware that the game is played on the pitch or are they frightened of missing some indiscretion which would make a few controversial headlines ?

Peabody

Quote from: Roberty on August 26, 2013, 10:04:12 AM
For whatever reason, someone saw fit to have the whole stand listed - we are now stuck with it - this is a classic case of "he who pays the pipe calls the tune" - the TV companies pay the money and the camera goes where they want it.

No amount of £700 seats are going to make up for what they pay.

Maybe someone needs to start a campaign to have parts of it de-listed, so the club can build a new stand behind the Stevenage Road façade.

Oh - and while we are at it maybe the "Cottage" can be moved to Bishops Park or even relocated to Motspur Park.

Ok put it in perspective, yes the TV companies pay a lot of money but so do the fans and to them, £700 represents a big investment in the club. For that investment, they surely should expect a decent view of the game.

Roberty

I did not say that they did not need to have a good view of the game.

The point I made was that if the club have to keep the seats empty so be it - the money the TV companies pay will be more than the value of the empty seats.

The whole problem with the JH Stand is that it is really not fit for purpose in the first place.

If a new stand was constructed behind the Stevenage Road wall it would be possible to have a cantilevered roof, with all seats covered and no restricted views at all. It could also be built to provide positions for TV cameras in the roof space.

It could be better but it's real life and not a fantasy