more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

MOTD

Started by westcliff white, August 25, 2013, 09:16:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

westcliff white

Quote from: the nutflush on August 25, 2013, 10:36:06 AM
I think hes a complete winker but hes got a point.  We've been below average in our first two games.

we have not played well but we are not an average club which is what he was getting at he was saying we are below average, similar comment to what he made when we were trying to sign parker. he is a despot
Every day is a Fulham day

Cravenawin

Alan Hansen also said "In fairness, Arsenal could have scored five or six" making it look as though it was so one sided it was embarrassing. Didn't we have three or four excellent chances as well?
Just another example of big four bias

MJG

At the.moment I would take average if it meant an 8-13 place finish. And we don't have the right balance either.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 4

EJL

Quote from: Cravenawin on August 25, 2013, 02:52:40 PM
Alan Hansen also said "In fairness, Arsenal could have scored five or six" making it look as though it was so one sided it was embarrassing. Didn't we have three or four excellent chances as well?
But Arsenal could have scored five or six... There were a number of counterattacks that ripped us to pieces.

alfie

Quote from: EJL on August 26, 2013, 03:17:09 PM
But Arsenal could have scored five or six... There were a number of counterattacks that ripped us to pieces.

BUT they didn't, we could have won 10-0 but we didn't, it is nothing clever to say would could have happened.

I mean i could have won the lottery Friday night but guess what.......
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

MasterHaynes

I can't believe they did not show our great move - the flick from Berba ending in a clear shot for Parker who lifted it over from 20 yards or the Parker twisting and turning moment on the half way line which made the 'brilliant' chasing Cazorla fall over twice - great Ole' moment.

The lack of asking HR anything about why he fell out with Tarrabt? why he couldn't fit him into a mediocre squad? or how he felt about Fulham snaffling Parker from under his nose? typified the old pals sofa act and why more and more people are taping it and fast forwarding the 'experts' opinions. I'm sure a lot of people were hoping to see him squirm(reason I didn't fast forward the analysis as usual) but not a mention, only a single  uncontested put down on Tarrabts inability to defend.

I thought Tarrabt did an OK job defensively, especially for a player with no pre-season behind him and Riise was regularly overlapping and flying down their left side into very advanced positions.

BBC bosses really need to review MOTD if they are trying to differentiate it from BT and Sky they have succeeded but only by producing a much inferior product. Time to push GL & Hanson off into the long grass.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: westcliff white on August 25, 2013, 09:16:48 AM
Just watched MOTD, ole twitch is bitter. to quote, Arsenal have played 2 average sides at best this week, so they will still need to add. Average? mm interesting if we are average (and I admit we are not top 6 material) then that makes QPR distinctly below average, in fact woeful i would say. Obviously bitter that we stayed up and also got Parker.

He's a d**k. We are a decent side albeit still finding our way, but winning 3-0 in Turkey is impressive, there's few more hostile environments. He's a joke.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: MasterHaynes on August 26, 2013, 04:02:28 PM
I can't believe they did not show our move - the flick from Berba ending in a clear shot for Parker who lifted it over from 20 yards or the Parker twisting and turning making the 'brilliant'. fall over twice - great Ole' moment.

The lack of asking HR anything about why he fell out with Tarrabt? why he couldn't fit him into a mediocre squad? or how he felt about Fulham snaffling Parker from under his nose? typified the old pals sofa act and why more and more people are taping it and fast forwarding the 'experts' opinions. I'm sure a lot of people were hoping to see him squirm(reason I didn't fast forward the analysis as usual) but not a mention, only a single  uncontested put down on Tarrabts inability to defend.

I thought Tarrabt did an OK job defensively, especially for a player with no pre-season behind him and Riise was regularly overlapping and flying down their left side into very advanced positions.

BBC bosses really need to review MOTD if they are trying to differentiate it from BT and Sky they have succeeded but only by producing a much inferior product. Time to push GL & Hanson off into the long grass.
Come on, this is Fulham. I remember when we drew with Arsenal a few seasons ago and Zamora had a great chance to score but was called offside, something I disagreed with, that wasn't even shown. It was a turning point in the game.

I imagine Redknapp dictates the terms of any public interview, Taarabt underperforming reflects poorly on him so he won't want to talk about it. I mean Taarabt is working harder for the team under Jol than he ever did at QPR. Something no one has mentioned yet.

DJinNJ

Quote from: alfie on August 26, 2013, 03:39:58 PM
Quote from: EJL on August 26, 2013, 03:17:09 PM

BUT they didn't, we could have won 10-0 but we didn't, it is nothing clever to say would could have happened.

I mean i could have won the lottery Friday night but guess what.......

Completely agree with this, I always get annoyed when people say a team could have scored some unusually high number of goals. If a team creates eight good chances that doesn't mean they should have scored eight goals. A good chance means just that... you have a good chance of scoring but well below 100%. If it was that easy to score goals then, obviously, this wouldn't be such a low scoring game. Coming back to our game, I think 1-3 was a reasonable scoreline, even if, according to some, it could have been 4-6 or something like that.