watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

US v Mexico coming up

Started by AmericanJames, August 26, 2013, 08:21:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AmericanJames

Should be a beauty, especially with the possibility of it be the clinching game and the largest supporters section ever for a USMNT fixture.

My brother an I are making the trip and I'm interested in seeing if any other of our yank contingent happen to be making the trip as well and if so if you're interested in meeting up at the AO tailgate or at the game.
Some people are literally too stupid to insult

YankeeJim

Unfortunately, I can't make it. I just blew my flight budget on a trip to see my kids. I know they're not as important as football  :005:, but I felt obligated. As to the Mexicants, this match will show if they are made of anything over than hype. They certainly have been a bust so far. Even if they win, it'll only stoke their egos, yet do nothing to prove anything. They ARE the second team in CONCACAF.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

AmericanJames

Hate to sound overconfident but... with the run of form we are currently on and having potentially the strongest and most cohesive squad Jurgen has had to his disposal not to mention what should be an overwhelming amount crowd support this has all the makings of a bloodbath for them. I can't realistically see El Cheapo making it out of this fixture alive.

YankeeJim

If he doesn't win, he'll be unemployed.

valdeingruo

Definately a big match for the team in all regards.
Self proclaimed tactical genius, football manager approved.

http://imgur.com/a/A1mhi

AmericanJames

Just waiting on my tickets, AO is taking bloody long to send them out.

AmericanJames

Also any thoughts on AO paying for Capos to come in from Seattle? I've heard quite a few people pissed off about it

AmericanJames

Might be the strongest roster we have ever put together

Goalkeepers: Brad Guzan (Aston Villa), Tim Howard (Everton), Nick Rimando (Real Salt Lake)

Defenders: DaMarcus Beasley (Puebla), Matt Besler (Sporting Kansas City) John Brooks (Hertha Berlin), Geoff Cameron (Stoke City), Edgar Castillo (Club Tijuana), Brad Evans (Seattle Sounders FC), Omar Gonzalez (LA Galaxy), Michael Orozco (Puebla)

Midfielders: Kyle Beckerman (Real Salt Lake), Alejandro Bedoya (FC Nantes), Michael Bradley (Roma), Mix Diskerud (Rosenborg), Fabian Johnson (Hoffenheim), Jermaine Jones (Schalke), Graham Zusi (Sporting Kansas City)

Forwards: Jozy Altidore (Sunderland), Clint Dempsey (Seattle Sounders FC), Landon Donovan (LA Galaxy), Eddie Johnson (Seattle Sounders FC), Aron Johannsson (AZ Alkmaar)

CanadianCottager

Going to be one heck of an interesting match, Mexico coming off of a historic loss and the US's being snapped back down to earth after some truly scintillating form by a typically convincing loss in Costa Rica and some serious injury and suspension concerns, I can really see it going either way, although the US are favourites its hard to tell what kind of performance Mexico might put together, as they've been very erratic on the road this hex.

YankeeJim

Quote from: AmericanJames on August 30, 2013, 05:47:07 AM

Goalkeepers: Brad Guzan (Aston Villa), Tim Howard (Everton), Nick Rimando (Real Salt Lake)

Defenders: DaMarcus Beasley (Puebla), Matt Besler (Sporting Kansas City) John Brooks (Hertha Berlin), Geoff Cameron (Stoke City), Edgar Castillo (Club Tijuana), Brad Evans (Seattle Sounders FC), Omar Gonzalez (LA Galaxy), Michael Orozco (Puebla)

Midfielders: Kyle Beckerman (Real Salt Lake), Alejandro Bedoya (FC Nantes), Michael Bradley (Roma), Mix Diskerud (Rosenborg), Fabian Johnson (Hoffenheim), Jermaine Jones (Schalke), Graham Zusi (Sporting Kansas City)

Forwards: Jozy Altidore (Sunderland), Clint Dempsey (Seattle Sounders FC), Landon Donovan (LA Galaxy), Eddie Johnson (Seattle Sounders FC), Aron Johannsson (AZ Alkmaar)

Between a certain ankle and a Mexican ref's rather heavy yellow carding, the US will not be at full strength. I hope that Klinsman starts the Icelander rather than EJ or Gomez. Mexico will either be a disaster or more likely play their best game of the Hex. It'd gonna be tough.

FortCollinsFulham

'Cause I'm already gone, if you bet on me you've won.

Up you Whites

AmericanJames

Quote from: YankeeJim on September 09, 2013, 10:47:10 PM
Quote from: AmericanJames on August 30, 2013, 05:47:07 AM

Between a certain ankle and a Mexican ref's rather heavy yellow carding, the US will not be at full strength. I hope that Klinsman starts the Icelander rather than EJ or Gomez. Mexico will either be a disaster or more likely play their best game of the Hex. It'd gonna be tough.

Me too, he's been hot lately. I guess Klinsman made it sound as if Bradley might be able to play at the pep rally today. Should be interesting.

YankeeJim

Quote from: FortCollinsFulham on September 10, 2013, 05:31:42 AM
Absolutely disgusting by Campbell. And CR moaned over "fair play" for the snow game.

http://blog.foxsoccer.com/post/60780790210/this-is-why-matt-besler-will-miss-tuesdays-wcq-vs

Typical gamesmanship from Central America. Where's The Costa Rico fans that baited us on the main forum over the snow?  Perhaps they can defend this.

FortCollinsFulham

2 - nil good guys. 84th minute.

Up you Whites

btings

USA! USA!

Jamaica somehow steals a point against Costa Rica.  US is through to Brazil if Honduras doesn't lose.

FortCollinsFulham

Honduras back up 2 1 on panama in the 63rd

Up you Whites

YankeeJim

AmericanJames

Just getting home, what a match and atmosphere!!!! Incredible result today. Love that Dempsey missed teh PK on purpose to protect the Dos A Cero.

YankeeJim

I don't think Dempsey has it in him to tank a penalty. I just think he sucks at them. I am happy he missed it Dos A Cero has such a nice ring to it. There is no doubt who is the king of CONCACAF. Come on you Kiwis!

I was impressed by the depth of this team and for the first time ever, by Old Yellow Card (Jones). Bedoya, Beckerman, Parkhurst & Goodson stepped in and did some good work. It really is a fact that Landon is a major clog to the success of this team. He drives me nuts by disappearing at times but he was a threat all night and tossed in several defensive moves. EJ? Who was that masked man? If he had played like that for FFC he'd be leading the line this coming Saturday. Strong! Held the ball up well, had great pace and played with his back to the goal when needed. Diskerud will, in the next cycle, be Bradley's mate in the midfield. The young man has some talent. Timmy made me stop thinking about Guzan and Jurgen is beginning to convince me. Lastly, my favorite, DaBeas had an ok night. What he lacks in defensive skills he makes up in heart & drive. I wish he was 22 and six foot. I love the way the guy jumps back up when knocked over and how he chases the play when beaten. I'm worried that when he gets up against some world class winger that he'll be lacking, but I promise you he won't quit.

El Tripe finishes at the snowbirds to end the Hex. Lets hope they come out like they did against the US and not play dead like they did in frigid Jamaica. I would love to leave the Mexicants at home.

YankeeJim

Quote from: AmericanJames on September 11, 2013, 08:49:35 AM
Just getting home, what a match and atmosphere!!!! Incredible result today. Love that Dempsey missed teh PK on purpose to protect the Dos A Cero.

How about some insight as to how the match was in the stands.
ESPN couldn't broadcast a chess match properly. God, I hate that repetitive banner at the bottom and how they keep coming in and telling you that if the US wins and Panama takes a crap & the Monarch butterflies come back to Capistrano then chips will taste good with bean dip. That, and even though Dish Network had the feed listed as HD, it was fuzzy & at times the pitch lines were wavy. My other HD channels were fine. I HATE, HATE, ESPN.

Dos A Cero indeed!