News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Newcastle v Fulham, match day thread....

Started by WhiteJC, August 31, 2013, 01:42:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fulham_Surrey

I will defend Jol.  I feel none of the attacking players show any interesat in attacking, or playing.

KP_FFC

i will truthfully say we are now relegation candidates
especially if riether is injuered as we all know jol wont buy a replacement  

Humbled

takes me 2 hours to come to every home game....
if he continues to play Ruiz and Berba and sub the likes of Bent (our only penetrative player) I wont waste my time travelling F it...

Rambler

Quote from: Lighthouse on August 31, 2013, 04:51:54 PM
We have a good side now. Really we do. But we can't afford to have such a negative manager.

Completely agree. I don't think this side is bad.. it the man that manages them that is.
Parker the shining light from today.

Berbasilk_111

In all honesty, any piece of transfer business isn't going to help the situation whilst Jol is in charge. Heck, he could have a team of Barcelona players and still manage to lose this game, absolute useless manager...

Humbled

Quote from: Fulham_Surrey on August 31, 2013, 04:55:39 PM
I will defend Jol.  I feel none of the attacking players show any interesat in attacking, or playing.

he has the option to drop/sub Berba and Ruiz yet doesn't!!!!!

chiefo

Mirror image of last season I'm afraid. Jol will never learn or he is so fu........ arrogant to think he doesn't have to change the way we set up. Have had enough, so I too am JOL OUT  096.gig 096.gig 096.gig :dft007: :dft007: :dft007:

Deanothefulhamfan

Jol is the only person to blame, those blaming sidwell should be ashamed .... Berbatov needs all the stick. Bent, Ruiz and Kaca were beyond a joke. Martin Jol is clueless and has to go

Humbled

as I keep saying - if he plays the right side we can be top 10... continue to do what he does, were struggling.....
im not even a Jol hater, im a(was) fan of his - just stating facts.

Fulham_Surrey

Humbled, i fully agree. I think he should start with Berba.  I feel that Berba is sabotaging him for not playing him in attack.

the nutflush

3 shots. 2 on target.  Total football.  Jol can clean out his office and take that statue Berbatov with him.  

grandad

The hardest opening 3 matches we have had for years & already some  want a new manager. The blame is entirely our penny pinching owners, both MAF & Khan.

It´s too late now to do much about it so we will now have a real struggle.
We have no defensive cover for both full backs. We have no creativity & both Berba & Ruiz are a luxury we cant afford.
Where there's a will there's a wife

fulhamtom

This team is so wrong. Time to ditch Jol, Berbatov, Ruiz and anyone else who can't be bothered. I am happy enough to watch us play outside the Premier League, I have done for 30 of my years, but this team is clueless under this pathetic manager and a club that hasn't seen this in the last 2 years is a club in disarray, with no strong leadership.

itombomb

Quote from: Fulham_Surrey on August 31, 2013, 04:55:39 PM
He was the one who selected Ruiz in a position where he is consistently poor. He is the one who selected Berbatov in a position where he has never played well for us. He is the one who started Sidwell.

The players were undoubtedly poor, he did a hell of a lot to facilitate that.

frei bentos

Really, really, really bad today. Both teams were bad but especially us. The only plus side could be that they will now realise that we have to buy at least one quality player before the window shuts or we will go down

Berbasilk_111

how can people still defend Jol when the only clear chance we had in the whole 90 minutes was as a result of Coloccini slipping? I'm sure the players have the ability to play well if they are under the guidance of a manager who knows what he is doing and knows how to get the best out of each and every player at the club.

deeffc

I think it's important that we not overreact to a tough away game this early in the season but that was mighty frustrating. I don't like to criticise our players but Riise is finished as a Premiership player, too slow, too many poor touches and passes, lack of movement and most critically he never wants to take responsibility. So often he backs off and lets a player run at him or tries to make Brede or the midfielders defend for him. The rest of the back four were fine today, although defending corners didn't seem to be organised particularly well. Briggs needs to play if Richardson is out, either he's the future at left back or we need to know he isn't. Sidwell and Parker did fine, especially Parker who could be signing of the season, Sidwell isn't Zidane to state the obvious but over the course of 90 minutes and with flair players out wide he does a really solid job. As for the flair players... when it works we can look fantastic, some games last year Ruiz and Berbatov were terrific. But when it doesn't, we can be pretty atrocious. That is the risk we may have to take in trying to play good football and not being just another Stoke, West Ham type side, however when it isn't working we have the bench to change things and how Jol didn't use Taarabt or Duff is beyond me. Bent needs more game time if he's going to play well, but Berbatov just isn't a threat playing so deep. Jol needs to take control of games like this and at least try to change the pattern of us doing ok and then having a poor 15 minutes and losing.

Early season positivity to end, if Taarabt had scored we could have been in the top 5...

DevonFFC

ffs berbatov... I'm sure you can sulk your way round a champs league team front line, think he forgets that we are Fulham and we don't have the likes of Ronald, scholes, giggs etc playing balls to him, he will actually have to look for the ball the lazy cock

SmithyFFC

I've stuck with Jol through thick and thin so far but this is an effing joke! Berbatov doesn't deserve to wear the white shirt, imagine a player being as lazy as him in Roys team, he wouldn't last 5 minutes! But Jol gives him 90 minutes every bloody week regardless of how useless and pathetic he is. Our midfield and defence are still bloody ancient despite Jol banging on about lowering the average age of the squad. Had enough. Jol out.
FTID

Deanothefulhamfan

Our defence were brilliant today. It was our attack