more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Chelsea v Bayern

Started by fulham traveller, August 30, 2013, 10:19:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Holders

Quote from: Tempest on August 31, 2013, 01:10:54 PM
Are there any "English" teams anymore? Foreign owners at most clubs, majority of playing staff are foreign, just the location makes each team English. Even the fan base is becoming more tourist orientated.  At least with the German model, the clubs are predominately German, owned by the fans and again a higher number of german players in their teams.  Its a matter of taste, I'd always love to see Chelsea and Liverpool get stuffed, home or abroad but would also like to see other teams from the PL do well in Europe. No right or wrong as it really doesn't matter!

I was going to make a similar argument but C*****a actually have quite a high number of English players - Terry, Lampard and Cole that I can think of. Still pretty sure that Munich have more Germans.

I gave up after about half an hour and when I looked again it was penalties and I really didn't care what the result was. I'm glad that Lukaka is better than Ruiz, though.  :005:
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Fulham76

Quote from: God The Mechanic on August 31, 2013, 12:01:45 PM
Quote from: Fulham76 on August 30, 2013, 11:28:44 PM
It's quite simple.... Because I'm English & will always support my country, particularly over anything German. I'm certainly not a lover of Chelsea & didn't even watch the game but still wanted them to win.

Why "particularly over anything German"?

No reason really... They killed a few million of us, (including members of my family), & a few million other nationalities, that's all. I know it was 60 odd years ago but that, for me comes above Chelsea.