watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

French Connection : official name change

Started by FC Silver Fox, January 28, 2010, 07:58:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FC Silver Fox

My handle doesn't fit properly on this new messageboard (too long).
So... new messageboard.... new name...... new avatar..... same old silly posts.... hey, can't change everything.
Finn and Corked Hat, you are forever part of the family.

White Noise

That's a damn shame. I would have hoped you would at least have held a competition to come up with a new name for you!
Does Popeye Doyle not fit?

LBNo11

...I know it is a term I have used for you in the past, but it will be hard to see FC go - but worst of all, my career as an avatar maker appears defunct.. :'(
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

mrska

OMG...  French Connection is no more...   Silver Fox...  Hmmmmm   very descriptive mate! lol

The Doctor

I hope you realise the confusion this is going to cause me.    ???

Silver Fox is the nickname me and my mates use for my Dad.  We regularly have a "Spot the Fox" competition at home games (we're in the Hammersmith, him in the Riverside).

Now I'm going to have to adjust to the fact that the Silver Fox on here is not my old man.  I see the potential for many a hilarious misunderstanding... ;)

blingo

And what, pray tell, would have been wrong with "FC"?????

WhiteJC

The Doctor

Quote from: WhiteJC on January 28, 2010, 09:12:42 AM
whats the French for Silver Fox?

I have as good a grasp of French as Del Trotter, but "Cur d'Argent" sounds about right

;)

os5889

Silver Fox- Arent they a shoddy bicycle branding from universal?

GoldCoastWhite

Sacre bleu, what is the world coming to ??? Next we'll have the old Corked Hat calling himself Dingo and if my planned move back to Adelaide comes off there'll be a name change for me as well. What to do, what to do ?

Logicalman

Aha .. renard argenté?  une dame rusée par autre nom

(OK, so it loses a little in translation)

FC Silver Fox

Le Renard argenté doesn't really cut it and I didn't like the look of "French Connectio".
"FC Silver Fox" is perhaps a compromise. Let me give it a try and see if it fits.

As for you , Doctor,  you just behave yerself. I'm watchiing you. Got my instructions from the old man.
Finn and Corked Hat, you are forever part of the family.

The Equalizer

This day marks the end of an era! I must say that I'm very sad to see French Connection being retired, but I do like the new moniker. It's kind of... fitting.

Welcome aboard Silver Fox!
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

Steve_orino

Maybe put the wine bottles in your avatar for a while till we get used to the new screen-name???

Just a thought...I do like the fox with the FFC eyes.
Fulham Supporter - Est. 03/2008
"My aim is to stabilise, sustain, and have the club move forward." Shad Khan 07/2013
@Borino09

McBridefan1

Silver Fox to be sure, but you will always be Mr. French to me... 

GoldCoastWhite

Quote from: McBridefan1 on January 28, 2010, 02:09:45 PM
Silver Fox to be sure, but you will always be Mr. French to me... 
And with that Mr McBF1 loses his FOF 2 virginity. I hope it was good for you young man !

McBridefan1

Can't think of a finer man, to bloody me up, than our dear Mr. French.

HatterDon

So, couldn't you have just put a space between "French" and "Connection" and the thing would have wrapped?

By the way, "Silver Fox" is one of the pet names HatterMom has for me, along with "Dilwad," "Huh?" and "Pain in my @#$!"
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

McBridefan1