watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

So what's our best XI?

Started by Denver Fulham, September 03, 2013, 12:01:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Forever Fulham

I have to go with the Count on this one.  Berbatov is too talented to ever sit on the bench, if healthy.  Just change the line-up. If he won't stay in his assigned area, get the hook, and let him stew in a seat for the rest of the game. 

Count Berbatov

Quote from: HatterDon on September 03, 2013, 04:29:12 AM--------------------------- Stockdale --------------------------

Riether --------- Hughes ------- Hangeland -------- Briggs

Dejagah -------- Parker ----------- Ruiz --------- Kacaniklic

-------------------------- Taarabt ------------------------------

----------------------------Bent --------------------------------

Sorry, Count. You can't ask us for our Best XI when what you really want to see is our Best 10 plus your favorite player.
So you saw Bent play for what, 2 games. And one as a sub. Scored one tap in. Didn't score for 120 min in one and was anonymous in the other, so he got subbed. Yet he's automatically a starter?
Secondly, you put Ruiz in your lineup!? In a position, he never played in and if he did once or twice, it never happen again and for a reason. So Ruiz makes it and Berbs doesn't.  
Then you play Taarabt in the hole, when we never saw him do that at Fulham, yet you're convinced, he's better in that then Berba
I can go on and on, but I think it's pointless. Because what do I know. I'm just a fanboi

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
Berbatov has Cantona's knack of being the man amid a stampede towards the door who stops to notice a side exit that nobody else has seen.

Jonathan Northcroft on Berbatov:  "...like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons from a deckchair"

HatterDon

Quote from: Count Berbatov on September 03, 2013, 06:19:29 AM
Quote from: HatterDon on September 03, 2013, 04:29:12 AM
--------------------------- Stockdale --------------------------

Sorry, Count. You can't ask us for our Best XI when what you really want to see is our Best 10 plus your favorite player.
So you saw Bent play for what, 2 games. And one as a sub. Scored one tap in. Didn't score for 120 min in one and was anonymous in the other, so he got subbed. Yet he's automatically a starter?
Secondly, you put Ruiz in your lineup!? In a position, he never played in and if he did once or twice, it never happen again and for a reason. So Ruiz makes it and Berbs doesn't.  
Then you play Taarabt in the hole, when we never saw him do that at Fulham, yet you're convinced, he's better in that then Berba
I can go on and on, but I think it's pointless. Because what do I know. I'm just a fanboi

No, actually, I've seen Bent play for about 8 or 9 years now, and I know what he can do when paired with an attacker who likes to -- you know -- ATTACK. I know this because I don't just watch one player, or even one team, I watch the entire league. Bent wasn't the guy I wanted us to sign, but he's the ONLY goalscorer in the first team who gets into position to score.

As far as Taarabt is concerned, he has an attacking instinct, and his long range shots are there for goal poachers -- like Bent -- to benefit from.

I prefer Berbatov NOT being on the pitch because I think he's doing more harm than good to the team shape and effectiveness. I would'nt mind seeing him in the hole, but against Newcastle, he spent most of his time closer to Stockdale than to Bent, and I am so tired of his standing still and pouting instead of either tackling back, or getting his lazy ass back on side. He's a detriment more than a plus, and yes, I'd feel better if he didn't see the game day squad for a couple of weeks.

But, hey, I'm only a supporter and a Yank at that, so ... .
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Brown@FFC

I believe this is it. If everyone was fit, and the game was tomorrow, this is it:

Fulhamforeva

It shud be
                                    Steklenburg
Reither          Hangeland           Amboiroti       Richardson

Parker            Boateng

Dejagh                                                          Frie/kaka
                                  Taarabt

Bent

I would 100% drop berbatov, contributing nothing for the team a waste of space. I would kind of like to see him get injured for a few weeks and see how we get on without him.

St Eve

There is no way it can include Richardson

Jack Fulham

Stekelenburg

Riether Hangeland Amorebieta Richardson

Boateng Parker

Dejagah Ruiz Taarabt

Bent

Subject to change! Picking the attacking midfield three is tough. Lots of faith lost in Ruiz and Berbatov at the moment but I prefer Ruiz behind the striker.

Jimmy Hill

3,5,2          Steklenburg

Hughes   Hangerland Amboiroti

Riether                                                Richadson

Boatang  Parker  Tarrabt

Berba
                                    Bent
Subs Stock, Senderos, Sidwell, Ruiz, Kaca, Dejaga, Rodders

7787fulham

Steklenberg
Riether,  hangeland,  amorebieta,  richardson (replacement needed though)
Dejagah, boeteng, parker, tarrabt
Bent, Berbatov

Captain Fulhamerica

From what I've seen so far this season:

.................Stek....................

Riether...Hangle..Amore...Briggs

...........Parker.....Sidwell........

Dejagah........................Kaca

................Taarabt................

.................Bent...................

tslyon

Isn't it kind of awesome that we have so many choices that people are picking different teams?  We could have worse problems...  Just saying.

CanadianCottager

Stekelenberg
Riether Hughes Hangeland Richardson (or sigh, Riise)
         Sidwell      Parker
Dejagah        Ruiz          Taarabt
                  Bent

Simply put, Berba doesn't convince me as a number 10 and Bent has a comparable goal scoring record in the top flight with the added plus that he doesn't try to do the midfield's job for them.

EJL

Stekelenburg
Riether - Hangeland - Amorebieta - Richardson
Boateng - Parker
Dejagah - Ruiz - Kacaniklic
Bent

That team would get better results in my view, but you just can't leave out Berbatov.

Count Berbatov

Quote from: HatterDon on September 03, 2013, 10:17:52 PM
Quote from: Count Berbatov on September 03, 2013, 06:19:29 AM
Quote from: HatterDon on September 03, 2013, 04:29:12 AM
--------------------------- Stockdale --------------------------

No, actually, I've seen Bent play for about 8 or 9 years now, and I know what he can do when paired with an attacker who likes to -- you know -- ATTACK. I know this because I don't just watch one player, or even one team, I watch the entire league. Bent wasn't the guy I wanted us to sign, but he's the ONLY goalscorer in the first team who gets into position to score.

As far as Taarabt is concerned, he has an attacking instinct, and his long range shots are there for goal poachers -- like Bent -- to benefit from.

I prefer Berbatov NOT being on the pitch because I think he's doing more harm than good to the team shape and effectiveness. I would'nt mind seeing him in the hole, but against Newcastle, he spent most of his time closer to Stockdale than to Bent, and I am so tired of his standing still and pouting instead of either tackling back, or getting his lazy ass back on side. He's a detriment more than a plus, and yes, I'd feel better if he didn't see the game day squad for a couple of weeks.

But, hey, I'm only a supporter and a Yank at that, so ... .
I am not going to waste my time on you. Good luck winding up someone else
Berbatov has Cantona's knack of being the man amid a stampede towards the door who stops to notice a side exit that nobody else has seen.

Jonathan Northcroft on Berbatov:  "...like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons from a deckchair"

MJG

For starters I'm not taking seriously any team that has Ruiz a one of a two man central midfield.
And lets all be honest, Jol knows his best XI players, problem is the best XI players do not always make the best team. That's his problem.

Oh and lack of any tactical brain is a stumbling block for him as well.

Holders

Quote from: Jack Fulham on September 03, 2013, 11:00:30 PM
Stekelenburg

Riether Hangeland Amorebieta Richardson

Boateng Parker

Dejagah Ruiz Taarabt

Bent

Subject to change! Picking the attacking midfield three is tough. Lots of faith lost in Ruiz and Berbatov at the moment but I prefer Ruiz behind the striker.

This for me. I regret not being able to place Kaka but can't leave Taarabt out.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

mikeyffc28

Stek

Reither       Hughes     Hangeland     Briggs

Dejags        Parker (C)     Boateng       Kaca

Taraabt

Bent

personally, out of the obvious omissions - Berba's mentality and body language saps the urgency and desire from the rest of the team and Ruiz is still far to light-weight.
Parker as captain so Hangeland can concentrate on what he does best.

Skatzoffc

Quote from: CanadianCottager on September 04, 2013, 02:55:04 AM
            Stekelenberg
Riether Hughes Hangeland Richardson (or sigh, Riise)
        Sidwell      Parker
Dejagah        Ruiz          Taarabt
                 Bent

Simply put, Berba doesn't convince me as a number 10 and Bent has a comparable goal scoring record in the top flight with the added plus that he doesn't try to do the midfield's job for them.

I agree with this. Its the 4-2-31 formation.

Options then are:-
Taraabt replaced by Kaka later.
Dejaga replaced by Duffer later.
Sidwell replaced by Kasami later.

coyw!
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

horse1031

Stek

Reither   Hangeland  Amorebieta    Richardson

Parker

Taarabt       Sidwell           Kaca

Bent       Berba

I think this is our current best team if everyone is fit.  After watching the Newcastle game, Bryan was the only one trying a killer pass so he probably needs to be on the pitch if anyone is injured.  We need to score goals, and without him, Taarabt, Bent, and Berba there won't be many.

TheManOnTheBus

Quote from: tslyon on September 04, 2013, 02:33:49 AM
Isn't it kind of awesome that we have so many choices that people are picking different teams?  We could have worse problems...  Just saying.

Agreed.  Tough job being a manager.