watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR -l England squad

Started by Jimpav, September 05, 2013, 08:11:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jimpav

I appreciate that not many care about the England team on here but the squad for tomorrow's match is woeful.

The players we have right now make a mockery of the thought of us winning the World Cup in 2022.

Fulham76

Quote from: Jimpav on September 05, 2013, 08:11:45 PM
I appreciate that not many care about the England team on here but the squad for tomorrow's match is woeful.

The players we have right now make a mockery of the thought of us winning the World Cup in 2022.

We're years behind the top teams at world level & with even less world class players coming through, (I'm struggling to think of any actually...). Technically very poor overall & little chance of winning anything in the foreseeable future.

HatterDon

I thought it hilarious that the head of the FA said the Premier League is detrimental to the English national team. The reason why The Premier League exists -- the reason the FA took the top flight away from the football league -- was to make things better for the national team.

What a bunch of macaroons!
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

alfie

Quote from: HatterDon on September 05, 2013, 10:21:58 PM
I thought it hilarious that the head of the FA said the Premier League is detrimental to the English national team. The reason why The Premier League exists -- the reason the FA took the top flight away from the football league -- was to make things better for the national team.

I do agree with the sentiment that there are now so many overseas players in the premier league that it is becoming impossible for English kids to break into any team.

Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

HatterDon

Quote from: alfie on September 06, 2013, 09:05:16 AM
Quote from: HatterDon on September 05, 2013, 10:21:58 PM

I do agree with the sentiment that there are now so many overseas players in the premier league that it is becoming impossible for English kids to break into any team.

The FA can fix that by limiting the number, but that will just make the Prem on the par with Portugal's and Scotland's top flight. The reason it's getting more difficult is that English players seldom have the talent at that level.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Burt

I don't believe in coincidences...

The moneybags culture of the premier league has changed the emphasis to signing up experienced (mainly overseas) talent at the expense of developing local talent and bringing them through the ranks.

The encouraging thing is that Greg Dyke seems more willing to confront the issues than prior FA chairmen... But he is still trying to lead a dinosaur of an organisation so it remains to be seen how successful he will be.

alfie

Quote from: Burt on September 06, 2013, 02:55:42 PM
I don't believe in coincidences...

The moneybags culture of the premier league has changed the emphasis to signing up experienced (mainly overseas) talent at the expense of developing local talent and bringing them through the ranks.

The encouraging thing is that Greg Dyke seems more willing to confront the issues than prior FA chairmen... But he is still trying to lead a dinosaur of an organisation so it remains to be seen how successful he will be.

:plus one:
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Tempest

What I don't understand is why our younger players don't move abroad or seemingly aren't targeted by foreign clubs. Personally, I think UK sportsmen/women are generally lazy, yes there are exceptions but they want it handed on a plate. Generally, younger footballers are interested in just money, when you hear them on Soccer AM, actually winning medals/trophies is well down their list, if on it at all. UK athletics have the same problem, attitude of the up and coming talent. Listen to UK athletes at championships, "happy to be here" "gave it my best" Sorry, if you're there then compete, if you lose, don't be happy about it. Infrastructure is there its but the attitudes of the talent that can stink.

Our younger footballers are either not good enough, that has nothing to do with foreign players or  mentally in the wrong place.
Live in Falmouth!

Forever Fulham

It's hard to believe that a football crazy nation can't produce 17 great players and one great national team.  There are real quality players on England's national team.  What's missing is heart and determination and maybe age has caught up to some of them.  But why all the hand wringing?  Isn't the team unbeaten in, what, 6 games?   Speaking of strings, is it true the U.S. MNT  just broken the world record for consecutive wins or is now tied with Spain in that distinction?  True, some of those wins were against itty bitty Caribbean nations, but still...  Klinsman, I tip my hat to you, sir.