watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

All the best Simon Davies!!!

Started by vbg cottager, September 04, 2013, 02:07:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

premFlem

This man is a Fulham legend there's not one Fulham fan (past,present,or future) who would not want to shake him by the hand for his goals in the Europa semi and final. Sign him up for life.
You are my Fulham, My only Fulham,
You make me happy, When skies are grey,
You'll never know just, How much I love you,
So please don't take,My Fulham...Away

Vermeer

Teriffic attitude and we will always remember him. The goal against Hamburg was one of the best ever. Without exaggeration, if Messi or Ronaldo had scored it, they would have highlighted it much more and re~run it a thousand times. He had so little space or time but conjured up a goal of genius. This technique in a huge game from a so~called "journeyman pro". We will miss him. Wish we had more of his attitude and commitment in the current set~up.

Deanothefulhamfan

Great servant, riddled with Injurys but when he was fit he was a decent player for us..... Great work ethic

Ruiz11

Such an underrated player, he really was consistently solid throughout his Fulham career.

the nutflush

The goal v Hamburg still gives me goose bumps watching it.  Quality player and quality human being.  I wish more of the players in our current squad had his passion and willingness to do the hard work. 

LBNo11

...no fuss, just skill, he was our only shining star in the Sanchez days, I will never forget his goal against Hamburg, if Rooney had done that they would still be showing that on TV. Good luck Digger...

:medal: 065.gif
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

NogoodBoyo

So sad to watch him leave so quietly.
Nogood "from one Welshie to another, isit" Boyo

F(f)CUK

I am stuck in hospital at the moment and so decided to watch the 2010 season DVD. Watched SD's goals again. Remember watching the Hamburg goal at the time and thinking 'how on earth did he do that'.

Cannot believe the quality of our play.

filham

Served us well and will be fondly remembered, a very good team player who fitted nicely into Roy's game plans.

copthornemike

All the above posts say it all - although this BBC article sums the man up perfectly. Actually paid £1 subs to turn out for a friendly for his local club in deepest Wales:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-23507104

That is what I call a proper footballer.

Don't know if you read these these things Simon - but would be great if you turned up for a day out at our away games in Swansea and Cardiff. I am sure you would find more than a few pints of Brains being offered your way in gratitude for the great memories.

ScalleysDad

Quote from: F(f)CUK on September 05, 2013, 06:07:43 PM
I am stuck in hospital at the moment and so decided to watch the 2010 season DVD. Watched SD's goals again. Remember watching the Hamburg goal at the time and thinking 'how on earth did he do that'.

Cannot believe the quality of our play.

Get well soon then or if you were supposed to be working .................. tut tut shame on you!!!!!

Buffalo76

Quote from: Forever Fulham on September 04, 2013, 05:12:22 PM
He gave everything he had when he stepped on.  Mr. Effort.  We need more like him right now.

:plus one:

F(f)CUK

Thanks for the message. My disabled son has had an op. Have to stay with him to provide care. We have been enjoying football DVDs together. Gera and Zamora were awesome and Davies' goals will go down in Fulham folklore. Then there was a chip from Dempsey. Now that keeps me going.

Shredhead

I hope Simon gets to read these. I wish him all the best for the future.
To do what he did - not just for us, but to get into professional football in the first place, coming from Solva which is 2 hours from Swansea - is a magnificent achievement.
He's been my favourite player for a good few years now and - like another poster above - hope to see him at the games in Wales and maybe back at the Cottage. I hope even more to be able to but him a drink on one of my trips to west Wales.
Also occasionally on Twitter @shredheadFFC

ScalleysDad

Quote from: F(f)CUK on September 05, 2013, 09:46:03 PM
Thanks for the message. My disabled son has had an op. Have to stay with him to provide care. We have been enjoying football DVDs together. Gera and Zamora were awesome and Davies' goals will go down in Fulham folklore. Then there was a chip from Dempsey. Now that keeps me going.

In that case best wishes all round. I suspect that now we have survived the post apocalyptic transfer window meltdown most of the people on here will be wishing you both the best as well.

Try the great escape when you feel up to it with the Moulin rouge soundtrack. The Birmingham game at The Cottage still gets me nervous and I was there and know the flippin score!!

premFlem

You are my Fulham, My only Fulham,
You make me happy, When skies are grey,
You'll never know just, How much I love you,
So please don't take,My Fulham...Away