watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Clint Dempsey - Was he right to leave?

Started by fulham1611, September 08, 2013, 11:37:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Forever Fulham

I think HD has nicely summed up the Continental Divide at play re: Dempsey, the circumstances of his departure, whether he is good, evil, smart, or (per St. Eve) a "moron", classy or classless.  I do find it odd that the same people who now don't trust Jol and want him out were all too quick to believe everything that came out of his mouth about Dempsey before Clint left.  But, again, I don't care at this point.  I did, however, find something new to share with both camps:  Clint just signed a Big Dollar multi-year endorsement deal with Electronic Arts.  And he appeared in a rather amusing TV commercial for the product.  Here:
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/ea-sports-signs-multi-endorsement-190100568.html   

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: Forever Fulham on September 09, 2013, 08:30:32 PM
I think HD has nicely summed up the Continental Divide at play re: Dempsey, the circumstances of his departure, whether he is good, evil, smart, or (per St. Eve) a "moron", classy or classless.  I do find it odd that the same people who now don't trust Jol and want him out were all too quick to believe everything that came out of his mouth about Dempsey before Clint left.  But, again, I don't care at this point.  I did, however, find something new to share with both camps:  Clint just signed a Big Dollar multi-year endorsement deal with Electronic Arts.  And he appeared in a rather amusing TV commercial for the product.  Here:
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/ea-sports-signs-multi-endorsement-190100568.html   

I suspected there'd be endorsement money coming along after he signed with MLS/Seattle. He could have continued making very close to the money he's making now in Europe for quite a while and still returned to MLS for reasonably good money. I'm sure that Seattle feels more "homey" than London and the salary is great for him, but just felt that there was more to it than just a deal with the Sounders.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

MJG

I miss his falling over  086.gif fp.gif 096.gig

Forever Fulham

In a month, you'll miss his goals and assists too.   086.gif 075.gif

CanadianCottager

Yes, because it means I have more opportunities to see him play live now that he's in the MLS.

Forever Fulham

We still need a monster up top, and we don't have him yet.  Someone wildly gesticulating, arms waving, shoving aside defenders, punching Huth and Shawcross in the gut, and creating general mayhem up there.  But with skills.  We need a gosh darn magnet up top, embarrassing his teammates to get the ball up the pitch and to him.  No more slow build up to the mid line, only to immediately send it back to the keeper to boot it away, where it will once again be possessed by the other side.  God, how I hate that style of play.  It's not even soccer.  It's, it's...oh, hell, I don't even know what it is, but it isn't Premier quality.  Where's our target man, Mr. Jol?  Bent can be effective, say the statisticians, but he's not what I had in mind.

RaySmith

Give the bloke a chance!

Bent, that is- he's hardly played, and when he has he's  hardly received the ball.

i think he's looked  sharp, considering how long since he's played, and can only get better.