watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

When should a game be stopped for weather? The Costa Rica "Snow" Game

Started by Forever Fulham, September 09, 2013, 09:01:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Holders

How we were cheated! Our history could have been so different...
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

HatterDon

Quote from: epsomraver on September 10, 2013, 09:21:59 AM
Quote from: Forever Fulham on September 09, 2013, 11:11:41 PM
Sigh.  The game starts against West Brom and the sun is shining, the birds are singing, and the freakish weather hasn't yet invaded the pitch.  15 minutes into the first half, Dimitar languidly dribbles through three successive defenders and neatly slots it in the upper left 90.  Then the weather changes.  A freak storm has moved in, lightning and thunder.  Buckets of rain.  The referee is considering taking action, but is dithering.  It will pass, he thinks.  By the 40th minute, it's a deluge.  Players can hardly see in front of their faces, it's raining so hard.  The ball stops on contact with the puddling grass.  He stops play.  He consults with officialdom who inform the weather service predicts this will continue unabated for the next 6 hours.  Referring to Rule _____ , he declares,_____________________________.    Can anyone answer?

You can tell the Yanks don't take losing well!, also what the hell is slotting in the upper left 90? If you are talking football then can you talk football

Uh, the only problem with your snark here, Mr. Raver, is that the Yanks won the game in question. If you are talking facts, then you can talk facts
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

epsomraver

Quote from: HatterDon on September 10, 2013, 10:25:15 PM
Quote from: epsomraver on September 10, 2013, 09:21:59 AM
Quote from: Forever Fulham on September 09, 2013, 11:11:41 PM
Sigh.  The game starts against West Brom and the sun is shining, the birds are singing, and the freakish weather hasn't yet invaded the pitch.  15 minutes into the first half, Dimitar languidly dribbles through three successive defenders and neatly slots it in the upper left 90.  Then the weather changes.  A freak storm has moved in, lightning and thunder.  Buckets of rain.  The referee is considering taking action, but is dithering.  It will pass, he thinks.  By the 40th minute, it's a deluge.  Players can hardly see in front of their faces, it's raining so hard.  The ball stops on contact with the puddling grass.  He stops play.  He consults with officialdom who inform the weather service predicts this will continue unabated for the next 6 hours.  Referring to Rule _____ , he declares,_____________________________.    Can anyone answer?

You can tell the Yanks don't take losing well!, also what the hell is slotting in the upper left 90? If you are talking football then can you talk football

Uh, the only problem with your snark here, Mr. Raver, is that the Yanks won the game in question. If you are talking facts, then you can talk facts

Are you clarevoyant Don? he is talking about either a game last March , why? or the game just gone which the USA lost or  Saturday I think, he has lost me.

Logicalman

As per the previous thread about Jaguars, this one will be moved to the Overseas Exiles Forum shortly.

We all know that Khan owns both teams, but the General Discussion Forum is basically for Fulham related posts only. MLS, NFL, etc, etc are posted to the exiles forum.

Thanks,

Forever Fulham

No, no, no, you misunderstood what I was about, Ep.  The Colorado snow game, as 'infamous' as it was, made timely again only because the U.S. just played Costa Rica the other day, was but a launching pad for a larger inquiry into the weird and subjective world of game postponements, the why, the when.  We've all seen some weird referee decisions on stopping games early, or not.  And so I floated out a request for feedback on what the rules are.  The Colorado game was, factually, weird.  It started out under OK conditions, but then conditions worsened during the game.   Also, snowflakes aren't lightning bolts, or a fan stampede in the 89th minute, or a raging river appearing only after half time.  Indeed, the whole notion of play being "interrupted" (a self-limiting expression you must admit) doesn't really apply to steady snowfall.  Then HatterDon, taking a bit pinched view of my post as only of interest to U.S. Fulham fans, suggested I take my topic to the Exiles forum.  So I reworded the hypothetical to apply to our upcoming game against West Brom.  Sorry if I wasn't clear in what I was doing.  Carry on.

Vinnieffc

Aww c'mon.. It wasn't even snow. It was a ton of cocaine that fell out from the cargo hold of a Costa Rican airliner pilotted by Robbie Fowler  :005: