Started by Big Martin Jol, September 10, 2013, 10:17:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roberty

Quote from: stevehawkinslidingtackle on September 11, 2013, 03:53:30 PM
Quote from: Roberty on September 11, 2013, 08:51:40 AM
Quote from: stevehawkinslidingtackle on September 11, 2013, 08:01:14 AM
Quote from: westcliff white on September 11, 2013, 06:46:27 AM
Quote from: The Moose on September 10, 2013, 10:24:36 PM
What a load of BS! He should prioritise playing for us first.

problem is if he is fit then he has to go and play for Venezuela nothing we as a club can do or say about it. if we don't allow him to then he is banned for 1 or 2 games for his club i believe (if the country they represent complains and it is upheld that is), the fact he has not played for us (due to be injured i believe) is irrelevant sadly.

I cant see Man U, or any other team with a backbone putting up with that though. Player injured, you pay his wages, he stays at home. How can you get fined for that ? If it were Man U, they hadnt yet played their new signing in the league because he was injured, but a few days later goes to the national team, plays and MAYBE sustains a re-occurring problem, shite hits the fan. Then again, who knows what is going on behind the doors at Fulham. Jol probably only has him pencilled in when he wants to experiment with his new 6-1-2-1 formation in mid December.

ZZzzzz

Nothing to do with Jol - but I guess that blaming him fits your agenda

Even the big clubs have to send players to their national squad. If they cry off injured it has been known for them to be told to attend and have a medical before being released. Even the great Fregie bitched about several of the England managers when they enforced this rule in the past.

ZZZzzzz. Was that you waking up, or did I send you to sleep ?

Anyway, sorry for not agreeing with you mate and whatever your agenda is. Should I tell you to just lighten up a bit or should I just agree with your unparalleled wisdom ?  OK JOL is great. Is that better ? But deep down, I just wish he was as good as your mate Fregie.

Having Jol's name in every post is sending me to sleep.

Why on earth does your post about Amorebieta need to mention Jol at all?

What bit of my post are you not agreeing with?

What unparralled wisdom - I have neither praised not dammed him - I am not mates with Fergie either.

So don't make things up and pretend I said them.
It could be better but it's real life and not a fantasy

stevehawkinslidingtackle

Quote from: Roberty on September 11, 2013, 06:53:51 PM

problem is if he is fit then he has to go and play for Venezuela nothing we as a club can do or say about it. if we don't allow him to then he is banned for 1 or 2 games for his club i believe (if the country they represent complains and it is upheld that is), the fact he has not played for us (due to be injured i believe) is irrelevant sadly.

I cant see Man U, or any other team with a backbone putting up with that though. Player injured, you pay his wages, he stays at home. How can you get fined for that ? If it were Man U, they hadnt yet played their new signing in the league because he was injured, but a few days later goes to the national team, plays and MAYBE sustains a re-occurring problem, shite hits the fan. Then again, who knows what is going on behind the doors at Fulham. Jol probably only has him pencilled in when he wants to experiment with his new 6-1-2-1 formation in mid December.

ZZzzzz

Even the big clubs have to send players to their national squad. If they cry off injured it has been known for them to be told to attend and have a medical before being released. Even the great Fregie bitched about several of the England managers when they enforced this rule in the past.

Anyway, sorry for not agreeing with you mate and whatever your agenda is. Should I tell you to just lighten up a bit or should I just agree with your unparalleled wisdom ?  OK JOL is great. Is that better ? But deep down, I just wish he was as good as your mate Fregie.

What unparralled wisdom - I have neither praised not dammed him - I am not mates with Fergie either.

OK. Sorry for mentioning the manager when talking about a player, I didn't know that wasn't allowed. As for the rest of it, you obviously dont want to lighten up a bit, so I couldnt care less any more mate. Cheers, all the best. Bye.

Roberty

Quote from: stevehawkinslidingtackle on September 12, 2013, 01:49:40 AM
Quote from: Roberty on September 11, 2013, 06:53:51 PM

ZZzzzz

OK. Sorry for mentioning the manager when talking about a player, I didn't know that wasn't allowed. As for the rest of it, you obviously dont want to lighten up a bit, so I couldnt care less any more mate. Cheers, all the best. Bye.

There you go again - I did not say it was not allowed - I said I didn't think it was necessary.

The international call up system gives the clubs no input - they have to let the players go. If not the player is banned.

So what on earth does Jol have to do with that?

Fernhurst

Fed up with that spat, more importantly  ........... Did he play???..... Did he come off injured???.......Is he back?????? .......... Oh and......What was the score????
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

Roberty

The report I found has him playing on 10 September against Peru - Ven 3 - 2 Peru
He was substituted after 13 minutes

So I guess he is crocked AGAIN

Big Martin Jol

Quote from: Fernhurst on September 12, 2013, 12:47:57 PM
Fed up with that spat, more importantly  ........... Did he play???..... Did he come off injured???.......Is he back?????? .......... Oh and......What was the score????

Yes, he played the full ninety minutes and he flew back to London yesterday. Venezuela won 3-2.
Scott Parker is the greatest living Englishman.

Big Martin Jol

Quote from: Roberty on September 12, 2013, 01:10:46 PM
The report I found has him playing on 10 September against Peru - Ven 3 - 2 Peru
He was substituted after 13 minutes

So I guess he is crocked AGAIN

Is it the official FIFA report? Because their layout is kind of confusing. I think it was actually his Peruvian counterpart that came off after thirteen minutes.
Scott Parker is the greatest living Englishman.

Fernhurst

Knew it!! Just knew it

Out for another 6 weeks no doubt ..........

Thanks for update though Rob

Fernhurst

Oh...... Suck back...... That sounds more encouraging ...... Possible sighting on the pitch Saturday then.

jelmo

He played all game according to the sky sports app

Roberty

Quote from: Fernhurst on September 12, 2013, 01:20:09 PM
Oh...... Suck back...... That sounds more encouraging ...... Possible sighting on the pitch Saturday then.

Yes - hopefully it is the correct one - seems the Peru guy left after 13 minutes

BedsFFC

My Mate who is Peruvian watched the match on pc.

I was going to watch with him but started at 1.30am.

Saw him today and he said our player is "Really good".

That's good enough for me

horse1031

Quote from: BedsFFC on September 12, 2013, 02:10:47 PM
My Mate who is Peruvian watched the match on pc.

I was going to watch with him but started at 1.30am.

Saw him today and he said our player is "Really good".

That's good enough for me

OK!  hope he gets a run out on Saturday!

jmh

Here's the official FIFA match report saying he played the full 90.  Massive win for Venezuela, eliminated Peru and maintained Venezuela's (extremely slim) chance of qualifying.

Ruiz11

Hopefully he's now fit enough to start against West Brom.