News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Does anyone here genuinely want Jol to stay? If so, why???

Started by Fulham76, September 12, 2013, 06:51:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scrumpy

Quote from: The Moose on September 12, 2013, 09:23:22 PM
I'm willing to give him until December, that way he can't really argue that the players haven't had time to gel and we'll really see just what he's capable of.
We'll need to be playing good football by that point, if not he should go.

My thoughts exactly.
English by birth, Fulham by the grace of God.

Fernhurst

My gut instinct is for him to stay right now despite our appalling form at present.
My reasoning is threefold.
1. Jol has been very canny in surrounding himself with former players thus making it very tricky for any incoming manager to weld a group without another massive squad shake up.
2. Who is out there with the talent to change us into a fast attacking team. Gus Poyet,no thanks.
3. We as fans love our club but none of us are aware exactly what goes on behind closed doors.One scenario may involve Jol using his experience to keep us this year and the TV money etc pays for the new stand. Our new owner needs to learn this season before flexing his muscles

I will be genuinely shocked if he goes before Christmas.
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

Logicalman

I'd prefer him to stay, thought the only blot on the landscape is his love-fest with that bloody Bulgarian!

The guy is lazy, believes he knows more than others on the pitch, is not a team member at any level, has had a good career and a whole bunch of great skills, and that bloody Bulgarian isn't much better either.

The Bronsons

Some reasonable attempts here to make a case for Jol staying. But please stop saying "it's only three games in", because the same problems that nearly sent us down last season are there again this season, and Jol hasn't even attempted to address them. It's not three games, it's the better part of nine months.

I agree though he's unlikely to go before Christmas, especially with a new owner in place. I just hope whoever comes to us on Boxing Day has what it takes to save us.

And if I'm wrong? I'd be delighted.

hongkongfulham

seems like the two factions are:
1> Get rid of him right now, he is hitler.
2> Give him until Christmas and then reassess.

As much as a I agree we ended last season very poorly and then started this one in a similar ilk, each season has to be taken separately. Hypothetically, If Fergie stayed on this year and lost his first 15 games people would call for the boot despite everything he did before. If Jol now goes on a 15 game unbeaten run, surely losing all of those games at the end of last season won't matter. If the bad form continues then yes he should go but we are a different team with a lot of different personnel to the one that finished last season. I'm sure most people who are saying Jol IN right now will be Jol OUT if things don't improve in the coming months.

Deanothefulhamfan

I think the weekend game is massive.... If we lose that game he has to go asap,  Christmas will be too late. A draw and a win certainly buy him time.... I actually want stabillity at our club, I just hate several factors about Jol and don't think he is the man for the job to take us forward.

Saying that he has brought in some quality players on a very limited budget ( our squad on paper is better than it has been in a long time ) - I want him to proove me wrong but I have seen enough over the past 15 games to suggest he won't

P.S This is clearly an area that divides some fans but don't get personal with your opinion

The Bronsons

Of
Quote from: hongkongfulham on September 13, 2013, 01:14:24 AM

There may be one or two posters who would identify fully with no. 1 but I think the vast majority of "Jol-outers" are a bit more balanced than that. We've are in fact people just like you who want to give him time to get it right. It's just that we started the clock ticking at the start of last season... added some time when we lost Murphy, Dempsey and Dembele... and have since been appalled at the lack of tactics and at the way one player seems in the manager's eyes to be bigger than the club.

epsomraver

Quote from: The Bronsons on September 13, 2013, 07:08:32 AM
Of
Quote from: hongkongfulham on September 13, 2013, 01:14:24 AM

There may be one or two posters who would identify fully with no. 1 but I think the vast majority of "Jol-outers" are a bit more balanced than that. We've are in fact people just like you who want to give him time to get it right. It's just that we started the clock ticking at the start of last season... added some time when we lost Murphy, Dempsey and Dembele... and have since been appalled at the lack of tactics and at the way one player seems in the manager's eyes to be bigger than the club.

:plus one: :plus one:

TonyGilroy

I want him to stay.

First off I'm bemused at the OTT (to my mind) hostility towards Jol from a significant number of posters. It's as if it's feeding off itself with people fighting to be ever more critical.

It is a fact that our League position over the last two seasons has been OK. Not great and there have certainly been bad performances and runs but there have been enough compensating decent and good performances and results to get us to mid table.

It is also a fact that Jol has been working under significant financial constraints. These cannot be Jol's choice and maybe it's a mistake for him to seem to be uncomplaining. I reckon that given the hand he's had to play he's done a decent job.

We have a group of new players brought in by Jol. These fit his template of talents who have lost their way and we need to see to what extent they can get their careers back on track. Look at the talent we have and imagine them at their best.

Ah, you all say, Jol can't do that but I don't see that as a given. I'd like to see what develops.

Jol won't survive if this season turns into a relegation fight but it's too soon to make that assumption.

The other key point is that if you need a new manager during the season you can't approach anyone currently working as a manager. Our choice therefore is from the sacked and the untried. No guarantees there.

I'd keep Jol unless the season turns into a disaster. Khan is assessing and learning and if this season turns out to be disappointing then I imagine there will be changes in the summer.

MJG

Before Burton I had reserved the cab for him.
When the team sheet cam out I ordered it.
For 70 minutes it was waiting outside.
At the end of the game the bags were in the boot.
After Newcastle I wanted him to be in it and on the way to the airport.

I have just run out of patience with his excuses, the use of D&D in almost every interview, His Berbatov 'is god' comments no matter how rubbish he was in a game, two really bad run of results last season alongside some pretty poor performances and finally his failure to give youngsters a real go.

So for me the sooner he goes the better and we can start moving forward.

Alternative

Quote from: TonyGilroy on September 13, 2013, 07:31:47 AM
First off I'm bemused at the OTT (to my mind) hostility towards Jol from a significant number of posters. It's as if it's feeding off itself with people fighting to be ever more critical.

It is a fact that our League position over the last two seasons has been OK. Not great and there have certainly been bad performances and runs but there have been enough compensating decent and good performances and results to get us to mid table.

It is also a fact that Jol has been working under significant financial constraints. These cannot be Jol's choice and maybe it's a mistake for him to seem to be uncomplaining. I reckon that given the hand he's had to play he's done a decent job.

We have a group of new players brought in by Jol. These fit his template of talents who have lost their way and we need to see to what extent they can get their careers back on track. Look at the talent we have and imagine them at their best.

Ah, you all say, Jol can't do that but I don't see that as a given. I'd like to see what develops.

Jol won't survive if this season turns into a relegation fight but it's too soon to make that assumption.

The other key point is that if you need a new manager during the season you can't approach anyone currently working as a manager. Our choice therefore is from the sacked and the untried. No guarantees there.

I'd keep Jol unless the season turns into a disaster. Khan is assessing and learning and if this season turns out to be disappointing then I imagine there will be changes in the summer.

What he said ^.

There is a very real danger of 'Charlton Syndrome' - delusions of grandeur. Jol has kept us safely in mid table, attracted some good players and attempted to address the negativity away from home. The beloved Hodgson is now under fire in the England role so not everyone is a fan of his. I just cannot see a new manager coming in and making much of a difference in the short term. Wheels coming off is a more likely scenario.

gerrys

I want him to stay.

Yes I would keep him too......................however Trapattoni is free.....

The Equalizer

Quote from: tommy on September 12, 2013, 09:12:04 PM
I dont think he can be judged on the 3 games we have had so far.

Did you miss the previous two seasons that he's been in charge? Last season was some of the worst football and negative football I've seen played at the Cottage since the early 90s.
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

Roberty

Quote from: gerrys on September 13, 2013, 09:15:10 AM
I want him to stay.

He is 74 - perhaps he is going to retire to the mountains?
It could be better but it's real life and not a fantasy

Peabody

Quote from: Roberty on September 13, 2013, 10:41:38 AM
I want him to stay.

Same age as me, so give me the job and you will soon want Jol back.

premFlem

Quote from: Scrumpy on September 12, 2013, 09:50:49 PM
Quote from: The Moose on September 12, 2013, 09:23:22 PM
I'm willing to give him until December, that way he can't really argue that the players haven't had time to gel and we'll really see just what he's capable of.
We'll need to be playing good football by that point, if not he should go.

My thoughts exactly.
[/quote plus another one.....also start taping up Hiddink just in case
You are my Fulham, My only Fulham,
You make me happy, When skies are grey,
You'll never know just, How much I love you,
So please don't take,My Fulham...Away

epsomraver

Quote from: The Equalizer on September 13, 2013, 10:09:47 AM
Quote from: tommy on September 12, 2013, 09:12:04 PM
I dont think he can be judged on the 3 games we have had so far.

Did you miss the previous two seasons that he's been in charge? Last season was some of the worst football and negative football I've seen played at the Cottage since the early 90s.

:plus one: :plus one: :plus one:

Fulham76

I want him to stay.

I think I'd rather keep Jol!

gerrys

Not what I'm hearing........

Lighthouse

I want Jol to stay and be better at what he does. Use his players in a less scared, don't hurt me, I have a wife a three starving kids to support, don't touch the ball it hurts, what are we doing in their half, run away, run away, way.

Or we will have to find somebody who can.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope