https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Only mildly Fulham related. US v. Mexico WC qualifier thread - will be moved

Started by RidgeRider, September 11, 2013, 01:11:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MisfitKid

Quote from: HatterDon on September 11, 2013, 01:56:03 PM
Quote from: horse1031 on September 11, 2013, 01:46:53 PM
Hatter, have you changed your stance on Juergen??  If I remember right you weren't so high on him...

Well, that's a fair and somewhat embarrassing question. The answer must be "Yes." We have adopted a new attitude, and it has to be down to Klinsmann. Before, if we got an early goal we would shut up shop and pass sideways -- sound familiar? Now, we seem to have the idea that once we score, we should take advantage of the other side's need to equalize by going for their throat again and again. We went through the Gold Cup -- with basically our C team -- with an astounding goal difference all because we have decided to attack.

Klinsmann has had a magnificent summer -- it's still summer in Texas, believe me -- winning qualification  in the World Cup, winning our major regional trophy and beating Germany and Bosnia [away]. PLUS, he's used the non-qualifying games to find players who will fill our our 23 in Brazil -- Besler, Diskerud, Bedoya.

Yes, I was wrong. I enjoy watching us play and I like it that we're winning.

Holy Schnikes!!  I am glad I was sitting down when I read that...   :58:   :005:
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most...

HatterDon

Quote from: MisfitKid on September 11, 2013, 08:48:13 PM
Quote from: HatterDon on September 11, 2013, 01:56:03 PM
Quote from: horse1031 on September 11, 2013, 01:46:53 PM
Hatter, have you changed your stance on Juergen??  If I remember right you weren't so high on him...

Well, that's a fair and somewhat embarrassing question. The answer must be "Yes." We have adopted a new attitude, and it has to be down to Klinsmann. Before, if we got an early goal we would shut up shop and pass sideways -- sound familiar? Now, we seem to have the idea that once we score, we should take advantage of the other side's need to equalize by going for their throat again and again. We went through the Gold Cup -- with basically our C team -- with an astounding goal difference all because we have decided to attack.

Klinsmann has had a magnificent summer -- it's still summer in Texas, believe me -- winning qualification  in the World Cup, winning our major regional trophy and beating Germany and Bosnia [away]. PLUS, he's used the non-qualifying games to find players who will fill our our 23 in Brazil -- Besler, Diskerud, Bedoya.

Yes, I was wrong. I enjoy watching us play and I like it that we're winning.

Holy Schnikes!!  I am glad I was sitting down when I read that...   :58:   :005:

I know, right?
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

AmericanJames

Quote from: SoCalJoe on September 11, 2013, 07:17:33 PM
Quote from: btings on September 11, 2013, 06:08:25 PM
Oh my goodness, they need to stop letting Clint take penalties.

Found out the reason why he always hoofs it down the middle instead of going for a corner didn't we?   :doh:

That could be right, but he missed that one on purpose. Continuing the string of Dos A Cero games against the Mexicans in Columbus is more important than knocking in a last minute penalty (atleast to the supporters).

However he isn't a great penalty taker and when it comes down to it he was the guy to miss without raising too much suspicion and going forward without hesitation it should by Landy taking them.
Some people are literally too stupid to insult

YankeeJim

Glad to see that the peasants of the board have been sent from the big house to the boonies where they belong. Such riffraff should stay in their place.  starsnstripes 
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

Logicalman

Jim,
Wasn't aware there were any peasants this side of the pond, mate. Thought I'd left them all behind on the boat over to the new world.

YankeeJim

Quote from: Logicalman on September 13, 2013, 05:19:22 AM
Jim,
Wasn't aware there were any peasants this side of the pond, mate. Thought I'd left them all behind on the boat over to the new world.

Sorry I'm being childish. It bugs me that so many threads that have nothing to do with football, much less Fulham, that are allowed on the main thread but selected ones are not.

Forever Fulham

Quote from: YankeeJim on September 13, 2013, 04:37:05 PM
Jim,

Sorry I'm being childish. It bugs me that so many threads that have nothing to do with football, much less Fulham, that are allowed on the main thread but selected ones are not.
Totally agree. 

Logicalman

Quote from: YankeeJim on September 13, 2013, 04:37:05 PM
Jim,

Not being childish at all, but I would ask, what, in particular, does this thread have to do with Fulham?

If it is because of Dempsey & Salcido, then does that mean we should allow any thread to do with any other country to be posted because a former player either played in the match, or had something to do with the match?

This section was created, in particular for exiles, and also for the USA contingent, and the teams playing were directly relevant to the USA, not England, or Fulham. I cannot disagree with you regarding the NFR threads, but there is no place they can be put currently, and the majority of those left are of interest to the UK contingent on the MB perhaps.

YankeeJim

I see your point but why should non FFC topics of interest of one group be "exiled" while non FFC topics of others not be?
Just seems to be a double standard.

However, I do understand the difficulty of making everyone happy. You should understand, I'm old and retired now so have the time to attack the great injustices of the world. I thought about curing cancer or savings the whales but both of those would take away from my beer drinking and this goes towards my goal of being a cranky old fart. Cheers!

Forever Fulham

My feeling on this particular thread is that the U.S. Men's National Team is an oddly appropriate topic for the main discussion board only because a disproportionate number of players on its roster wore the Fulham  jersey.  Is there another national men's team that currently has at least 3, maybe 4, former Fulham men?  I'll bet not.  There's a history and a connection and a natural interest.  I would read any posting about most of the former Fulham starters, even if it has to do with their efforts for their respective national teams.  And I think most other FofF feel the same way.  It's interesting.  People like keeping up with them.  Except for Bullard and Malbranque.  They can go to hell.