watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

FPT's positives from yesterday.

Started by Frankie-Peter Taylor, September 15, 2013, 03:19:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frankie-Peter Taylor

I've seen a lot of doom and gloom on this message board, not only recently, but for months now. I'd like to try and get people to see that every cloud, really does have a silver lining:

Positive individual performances from:

Kieran Richardson: I feel Richardson was incredibly solid for the hour or so he played yesterday against a pretty impressive Morgan Amalfitano. It's good to see him back from injury, and I feel just further pointed out how poor John Arne Riise really is.

Scott Parker: Yet to have a bad game for Fulham I think. I must admit, I questioned signing him when he was rumoured down to his age and a deterioration in his ability but he's really improved what was looking an appalling midfield. He's always looking for the ball, tries to get the ball to the more attacking players. Good signing from what I've seen so far, early contender for Player of the Season.

Pajtim Kasami: I really feel that Pajtim Kasami is proving his doubters wrong this season. He's turning into a very capable Premier League footballer. Though he may not have the flair of Bryan Ruiz, he has a lot of technical ability and played a wonderful through pass to Berbatov for the 2nd offside goal. A big, powerful midfielder looked a presence for the majority of the game and caused a problem for Yousuf Mulumbu, who I am stunned to see he didn't get booked after virtually a behind DDT on Kasami.

Bryan Ruiz: It sounds a few people feel like he had a poor game? I completely disagree, I think he was an attacking threat, particularly in the first half and was composed with the ball at his feet. Also, he was part of some of the best attacking play of the game which created the first offside goal. What I must admit is that he needs to get his shots on target, 4 shots, 3 missing the goal and 1 hitting the woodwork. Some stats for Bryan yesterday:

Passes: 36/46
Passing into attacking 3rd: 11/15
Chances created: 2, no Fulham player created more chances.
Ball Recoveries: 6, tied with Pajtim Kasami as no other players retained the ball back as many times as these two.
Tackles: 4/5, only Pajtim Kasami bettered this with 5/6. Both players 1st and 2nd in terms of completed tackles out of both sides.
Aerial duels: 2/8, either Bryan Ruiz needs to get better in the air or we need to stop lumping it to him, preferably we don't lump it at all.

The performance in general: That was our best overall performance of the season and something we definitely can build upon. To be honest with you, it's our only good performance of the season. Although we didn't keep the three points, I don't think we'll see another game with three goals disallowed for one team in a while. We created more chances and kept the ball reasonably well.

Factor into this that we're still not a fully fit squad, with a few players still not match fit and a few players completely injured all together and a flash of sun begins to appear behind the cloud over shadowing Craven Cottage. I think we'll really kick on come October and could begin to look a very good side.

I understand the frustration but hopefully you'll see that not all is bad at Fulham.

Whiteroom

JackyFulham90

I also agree I think come the end of October we will be in a decent league position

Holders

Positives - Amo and Richardson back, good performance from Senderos.
Negative - Ruiz's injury.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

George G

Keep calm, think of Fulham FC

epsomraver

MJG

Quick question...how many times did Ruiz lose the ball when in possession?

Sent from my GT-P3110 using Tapatalk 4

epsomraver

Quote from: MJG on September 15, 2013, 04:52:12 PM
Quick question...how many times did Ruiz lose the ball when in possession?

Sent from my GT-P3110 using Tapatalk 4

Quick answer, loads of times, passing was wayward at times, I still rate him as a player but he looks so stifled and out of position

nose

ruiz was hopeless. the fact is he lost possesion endlessly, was knocked off the ball all the time, was too slow, always had to check his run when receiving the ball rather than playing anything first time, missed a chance that was easier to score by showboating (the crossbar incident) it just need a good thump not to try and place it precisely in the top corner.
he was truly awful  we measured all bad passes by whether ruiz had done worse.
TRUE he played two good balls in the game but one of those was the less good option.... the man is a waste of space
I wish him well in his recovery, of course i do, but would rather see him have an extended spell on loan after that.
i don't count five yard backward passes as anything that matters. I think the stats have been proved to be completely misleading before so i will refrain from that debate.

MasterHaynes

jeremyfulham

Good t c someone sees the positive side of things ...a glass half full guy

filham

Stats in my paper today indicate that we had but 2 shots on target, that stat is similar match after match and until it improves we are not going to win many games.

Kaca, Ruiz and Berbatov failed to produce the goods yesterday, I suppose we now try Taarbat, Bent and Dejegah (or Duff) in their place.