watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Serious Question!

Started by brightster, September 15, 2013, 08:13:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Craven Mad

I'm fine with 4 points. I think that the greatest disappointment is our performance in the "final 5".

If it weren't for a goal in the 86th min from Newcastle and the 92nd min from Brom, we'd be on 7 points and 8th in the table. I think most would be pleased with 7 points...

This suggests that Jol needs to better manage his substitutes in the latter stages of the game, as his tactics are repeatedly getting "found out"...

Overall though, it could be worse.

MJG

Quote from: Roberty on September 16, 2013, 12:27:00 PM
Quote from: Alternative on September 16, 2013, 12:21:58 PM
I think Charlton are an example of how Fulham could go.

''When Curbishley decided to leave in 2006 fans were already growing tired with the brand of football being played at the Valley and mediocre mid-table finishes, the fans wanted to see some more excitement and somebody to take the club forward. ''

http://www.footballfancast.com/football-blogs/do-charlton-fans-forever-rue-the-day-they-forced-curbishley-out

Do you think their fans are happier now that they watch Championship football and finish mid-table there?

I would rather we did not take that risk.
The difference with Charlton was he had been there for something like 10 years and the football was stale. Charlton fans get blamed a lot for his sacking but it was not pretty to watch and they wanted something else.
Ok sometimes stick with what you know, so why is Coleman still not manager?

Holders

I'd be happy with the 4 if I thought for one moment that we actually deserved 3 of them.

It's the manner that we got them that's the worrying thing.

Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Craven Mad

Quote from: Holders on September 16, 2013, 02:21:02 PM
I'd be happy with the 4 if I thought for one moment that we actually deserved 3 of them.

United have won league trophies off the back of snatched "fergie time" winners..

I'd rather win ugly, than lose pretty

Sgt Fulham

For the quality we have we should have realistically got 7 or 9, but then you take into account that we can't play away. I would have to say 4 or 5.

Roberty

Quote from: MJG on September 16, 2013, 12:31:40 PM

''When Curbishley decided to leave in 2006 fans were already growing tired with the brand of football being played at the Valley and mediocre mid-table finishes, the fans wanted to see some more excitement and somebody to take the club forward. ''

http://www.footballfancast.com/football-blogs/do-charlton-fans-forever-rue-the-day-they-forced-curbishley-out

Do you think their fans are happier now that they watch Championship football and finish mid-table there?

The difference with Charlton was he had been there for something like 10 years and the football was stale. Charlton fans get blamed a lot for his sacking but it was not pretty to watch and they wanted something else.

It might have been stale, not pretty to watch and they did have their wish granted, but do you think they have enjoyed watching their team play Championship football instead?

Somehow I think not.

As far as Coleman is concerned I did not see much point in replacing him with Sanchez and I certainly do not think that Sanchez did anything that kept us up. It would have been better to wait until the end of the season and looked for a manager then. As it was Sanchez was credited with having kept us up and that made him irreplaceable. Then look what happened!
It could be better but it's real life and not a fantasy

Holders

Quote from: Roberty on September 16, 2013, 02:43:08 PM
Quote from: MJG on September 16, 2013, 12:31:40 PM

It might have been stale, not pretty to watch and they did have their wish granted, but do you think they have enjoyed watching their team play Championship football instead?

Somehow I think not.

As far as Coleman is concerned I did not see much point in replacing him with Sanchez and I certainly do not think that Sanchez did anything that kept us up. It would have been better to wait until the end of the season and looked for a manager then. As it was Sanchez was credited with having kept us up and that made him irreplaceable. Then look what happened!

I looked at the results at the time and didn't think for a moment that Sanchez got more points than Coleman would have.

It's true that during his second season we dropped a lot of points to late opposition goals - rather like now.

Holders

Quote from: Craven Mad on September 16, 2013, 02:34:55 PM

United have won league trophies off the back of snatched "fergie time" winners..

Yes, but Fergie-time goals havn't normally been against the run of play like our very lucky 3 points at Sunderland.

Roberty

Quote from: Holders on September 16, 2013, 02:51:20 PM

Yes, but Fergie-time goals havn't normally been against the run of play like our very lucky 3 points at Sunderland.

The tell tale word there is NORMALLY - which means that some of them probably have been.

. . . and if you take away all of the lucky goals - Chelsea would not have won the Champions League - maybe you should knock on their door and tell them to give the trophy back.

Craven Mad

Quote from: Roberty on September 16, 2013, 02:57:56 PM
Quote from: Holders on September 16, 2013, 02:51:20 PM

The tell tale word there is NORMALLY - which means that some of them probably have been.

. . . and if you take away all of the lucky goals - Chelsea would not have won the Champions League - maybe you should knock on their door and tell them to give the trophy back.

My point was, that (*cliché alert*) at the end of the day only one stat matters.. As long as there are points on the table, I don't care.

Yes United tend to be on top in those games, but equally they have a lot more talent/money at their disposal. There's a long term plan for the club, and right now we just need to accept we are (for the mean time) a middle of the road club.

I worry that, if the fans continue their assault on Jol, we may end up with a Curbishley/Charlton situation..

Roberty

A worse thought for you - maybe Sanchez is still looking for a job

Black and White Blood

Minimum 7
Sunderland 3
Newcastle   1
WBA.         3

Burt

Sunderland - wasn't expecting any points.
Arsenal - ditto.
Newcastle - thought we could walk away with a point.
WBA - honestly expected 3 points.

So I am on target with 4 points. Just got them all in the wrong order  :dft011:

jmh

I would have predicted 5, a win vs. West Brom and a couple of draws from the other 3 matches.  And instead we have 4.  Oh the horror!

SuffolkWhite

I said 5 pts on a previous thread and think we can only get better!
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

HatterDon

Quote from: Burt on September 16, 2013, 05:31:46 PM
Sunderland - wasn't expecting any points.
Arsenal - ditto.
Newcastle - thought we could walk away with a point.
WBA - honestly expected 3 points.

So I am on target with 4 points. Just got them all in the wrong order  :dft011:

Same with every match. And that's why you and I should NEVER go into a betting shop.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel