alexbishop

Lets admire how it should be done... Swansea v Liverpool
Fulham Fan Est. 1997

t: @alexmbishop

alexbishop

Fulham Fan Est. 1997

t: @alexmbishop

Burt

Liverpool looking impressive. Swansea quite good on the counter.

Good game so far...

Burt

Victor Moses playing a blinder.

Burt

Quote from: Burt on September 16, 2013, 08:24:48 PM
Victor Moses playing a blinder.

Just put Liverpool ahead.

Shelvey having an interesting game against his former club... Scored Swansea's goal, but two clangers have led to two Liverpool goals.

grandad

Moses is tearing them apart. Other teams seem to have better luck with surplus players than we do.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Fulham76

Quote from: alexbishop on September 16, 2013, 08:02:58 PM
Lets admire how it should be done... Swansea v Liverpool

Nice to see some attacking football. I hope Jol's watching, he could learn something.

aFFCn_Fan

Have to say I was impressed with Gerrard's shepherding of players away from the ref...

And Michu has just added to my Fantasy League total for the week
@hincharoo

aFFCn_Fan

Also, I'm not really in a position to criticise, but is it me or is Ashley Williams looking a bit podgy?
@hincharoo

Burt

And Shelvey just got an assist for Michu's equaliser.

Great game.

Fulham76

65 mins in & Swansea have had 7 shots on target & over 10 attempts in total, against one of the leagues better teams. That sort of performance seems years away from us at the moment.

Burt

Swansea have been outstanding in the 2nd half...

(Dreams whistfully of seeing another team in white playing like that)

Riverside

Cracking game.
Great entertainment .
Well done both teams .
Wish I was a short bus ride from the Liberty Stadium !

Frankie-Peter Taylor

Hopefully we'll be similar once we click together...

Fulham76

Quote from: Frankie-Peter Taylor on September 16, 2013, 09:56:45 PM
Hopefully we'll be similar once we click together...

I think we've got the players to be better than Swansea but if Jol insists on the negative s**t we keep serving up, then we have no chance. Positive tactics would make a massive difference to us.

aFFCn_Fan

Amazing. Just watched the interview with Jon Jo Shelvey...when was the last time a mate of Popeye's, or any player, had an involvement in all goals (for both sides) in a Prem game

@hincharoo

jmh

Quote from: grandad on September 16, 2013, 08:41:09 PM
Moses is tearing them apart. Other teams seem to have better luck with surplus players than we do.
We didn't have luck with Murphy?  Davies?  Hughes?  We haven't had luck with Duff?  Sidwell?  Berbatov?  You don't think we might possibly have any luck with Parker?  Bent?  Stekelenburg?

copthornemike

Swansea played a left back - Ben Davies - a 20 year old local player who did not look out of place right from the start. Would be nice if we could introduce a similar youngster!

HatterDon

Quote from: copthornemike on September 16, 2013, 10:29:00 PM
Swansea played a left back - Ben Davies - a 20 year old local player who did not look out of place right from the start. Would be nice if we could introduce a similar youngster!

You have to develop young players with the idea that, someday, they're going to command a spot in your best XI. We seem to be developing players that we can sell for a little cash to lower league teams. Some clubs have the former philosophy -- West Ham, Everton, Southampton, etc. -- but we don't. For that reason, we don't keep our youngsters where they can train every week with the best players and coaches. Instead we send them out to L1 and Championship teams in hopes we'll get a bid for them at that level.

And yes, we sold Smalling for a lot of money to a big club, but we didn't really develop him.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel