more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

seems like it will be a winter world cup in qatar

Started by Slaphead in Qatar, September 19, 2013, 12:58:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nose

Quote from: Slaphead in Qatar on September 19, 2013, 04:32:24 PM
If its held here it will be a successful world cup which people will enjoy attending.

Western people here live a western lifestyle. Its not as liberal as uk, but also not a strict as saudi arabia.

To the many doubters i would say give qatar a chance. Most westerners enjoy holidays in dubai, qatar is a similar place.

I probably wont be here in 2022, so i have no self interest in it being held here and couldn't care less if it was moved elsewhere.

This isn't about the rights and wrongs of awarding it to QATAR. That was discussed long ago.
This is about FIFA and the way they conduct themselves.

Vinnieffc

Easy solution, as Nose has pointed out. A winter WC disrupts all European leagues. So what if England, my lot (ROI) and other European nations boycott the bloody thing. What WC would the corrupt and disgusting FIFA have left ? Come on UEFA, step up to the plate. Or are they complicit in pocketing huge amounts of Qatari dosh as well ?

nose

Quote from: Vinnieffc on September 19, 2013, 05:04:39 PM
Easy solution, as Nose has pointed out. A winter WC disrupts all European leagues. So what if England, my lot (ROI) and other European nations boycott the bloody thing. What WC would the corrupt and disgusting FIFA have left ? Come on UEFA, step up to the plate. Or are they complicit in pocketing huge amounts of Qatari dosh as well ?

platini wants to be the next fifa boss, that is the issue with uefa

YankeeJim

Bribery is a way of life in FIFA. I can't imagine that a country the size of Qatar has enough world class venues & if they do by the appointed time what they'll do with them afterwards. Anyway, I suspect they'll have fewer problems (assuming the mid east loonies can be kept under control) problems than Brazil. Brazil's crime level rivals that of Russia. They had to send their army into a number of different neighborhoods just to root out the gangs. Parts of their cities were operating like independent narco nations.

England gave us the Magna Carta, the US a working constitution & FIFA gave us the proper use of a brown envelope. I'm surprised that 'airy isn't an official.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

Jack Fulham

FIFA are a corrupt joke and they claim to be a 'not for profit' organisation.

Forever Fulham

No alcohol means no hooliganism.  On the other hand, if they just chopped off the hand of the first person to throw a punch, that would be all the message needed sending.  And we could all drink in peace. 

Slaphead in Qatar

Quote from: Vinnieffc on September 19, 2013, 05:04:39 PM

I would be surprised if uefa made yesterdays statement without first consulting the major european clubs.

MJG

The only way the WC will not move to another date will be if FOX (who have the rights) say they want to cancel the TV rights to it.
I would just move it to April and condense all the European leagues to earlier in the 2021/22 season.
Look at this season, it kicked off on August 17th and we have played 4 lge games and 1 cup game. We could have, even with international and europe, have played 7/8 lge games by now if played more midweek. Clubs have big enough squads and they would have to use them.

epsomraver

Quote from: MJG on September 20, 2013, 09:43:35 AM
The only way the WC will not move to another date will be if FOX (who have the rights) say they want to cancel the TV rights to it.
I would just move it to April and condense all the European leagues to earlier in the 2021/22 season.
Look at this season, it kicked off on August 17th and we have played 4 lge games and 1 cup game. We could have, even with international and europe, have played 7/8 lge games by now if played more midweek. Clubs have big enough squads and they would have to use them.

:plus one:

epsomraver

Quote from: Pluto on September 19, 2013, 02:11:57 PM
Giving the world cup to Qatar is one of the biggest farces in football history in my opinion. It should never have happened, and the only reason why it did is due to the blatent corruption and self-interest of FIFA officials. The whole organisaion and voting process needs to be redone so it exists for the benefit of football fans around the world, and not to make money for a small minority of corrupt individuals who do not have the sport's best interests at heart.

Clubs submitted dossiers of thousands and thousands of pages for their world cup bids, and FIFA's excuse for giving the tournament to Russia and Qatar was that they want to see football in new areas? Why didn't they say that beforehand so England and other countries wouldnt waste over £25 million bidding? 10000 pages of material and not once did they consider the fact that Qatar's 50 degree heat might make things a bit difficult?! It's a joke.

Also both Qatar and Russia have a terrible human rights record, reputation for corruption and persecution of minority races and homosexuals. In Qatar football fans won't even be allowed to drink! Why should these countries with zero football history and virtually non-existent national leagues be given the world's premier sporting event.

I'm sorry but this whole thing makes me so angry :dft007: FIFA needs to be reformed top to bottom or nations should walk. All nations involved in the bidding for this farce need to take legal action if this move goes ahead.

Top post, makes real sense  :54: :54: