Main Menu

No wonder our players are so demotivated

Started by Sgt Fulham, September 24, 2013, 08:54:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Logicalman

Quote from: premFlem on September 26, 2013, 12:45:54 AM
Quote from: Twig on September 25, 2013, 06:32:51 PM
Quote from: premFlem on September 24, 2013, 09:04:52 PM
That first half performance is not acceptable, if I had bothered/could of afforded  to go I'd be booing as well.

You can't be bothered to support the team but feel you would have (not of) booed had you attended? Pathetic.
Hey-ho.....but you didnt go either did you.

Hey Ho, cool it lads. You want to argue, take it to PMs. please.

Herbie

I've never fully understood the logic behind booing a team that are low on confidence or not performing well.  I get that some may feel they have a right to show their displeasure at the current situation and they choose to do this with booing; I just don't see how that equates to helping to encourage the team to turn it around.

Surely the better option would be to get behind the team and cheer them on; we are supposed to be supporters.

Anyway, with all the continual negativity that is creeping on to this forum I'm surprised there's any left for match days.

Twig

I have been a season ticket holder for years and even living in Dubai retained my ticket and get back to watch whenever possible.  I have seen some great times and some total dross but I have never booed the team and can't imagine I ever would.  This is because, with very few exceptions, the 11 players give their best week in week out even if the style of play or the result is disappointing.  I may have a beef with a manager but rarely the players.
I can remember staying back to applaud the players off after a poor result in many a lower division match. Talking to Bjarne Goldbaek a few years ago he said it was one of the things that had had made FFC special for him.  So come on keep Fulham special, support the players but by all means debate whether Jol is right for us. 

BestOfBrede

Quote from: Herbie on September 26, 2013, 07:00:55 AM
I've never fully understood the logic behind booing a team that are low on confidence or not performing well.  I get that some may feel they have a right to show their displeasure at the current situation and they choose to do this with booing; I just don't see how that equates to helping to encourage the team to turn it around.

Surely the better option would be to get behind the team and cheer them on; we are supposed to be supporters.

Anyway, with all the continual negativity that is creeping on to this forum I'm surprised there's any left for match days.
:plus one:

MJG

The first half performance was a mixed bag and the fact we were one down and the last attacked of the half gave Stockdale more problems than the Everton goalie led to a unhappy bunch of fans. IF the players had fought for every ball like they had done second half and were still one down then there would have been no booing.

By the way I have seen some fans blaming the booing for the first half performance, well how does that work if they did not boo till HT?

epsomraver

Quote from: Sgt Fulham on September 24, 2013, 08:54:07 PM
When our own fans boo them off at half time for being 1-0 down to a strong everton side and not even playing that badly. The players will hear that and lose confidence not get a kick up the backside, because its every single game that they hear it - almost like a boss that won't get off your back. Sure they may be under performing but i highly doubt they aren't trying their best. If you want to boo to show your dislike of jol at least save it to the end, not when the match can still be won.

Pathetic...

Two things, it was not a strong Everton side, they had 7 changes from their match in the Prem, the performance was very  poor first half, they were like headless chickens, poor round and round football,  however there were a few boos , not a great deal as there have been in the past. Second half after Parker's half time team talk, ( Jol's admission) they came out and played much better and fought for the ball and dare I say it ATTACKED, making it a good entertaining second half which is what I and many others pay our money to see.I do not agree with Booing the team at all.