https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Sunday Fulham Stuff (29/09/13)...

Started by WhiteJC, September 29, 2013, 09:02:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Jol feeling the heat
FULHAM 1 CARDIFF 2

Fulham boss Martin Jol insisted he understands the frustration of fans calling for his head but warned against a managerial change at Craven Cottage after Cardiff inflicted another home defeat on the beleaguered Dutchman.

Jordon Mutch's stoppage-time strike earned Cardiff a first away win since their top-flight return and there were jeers directed at Jol at the final whistle.

Fulham have one point from their last seven home matches in the Premier League. "I'll always be calm, but I hate it when people are getting worried and nervous, especially when they ask a manager to quit," Jol said.

"If we are bottom of the table at the end of the season it's not about me, because I won't be here, it's about the club and I don't want to see this club at the bottom of the table."

Fulham left Steven Caulker unmarked to head in Cardiff's opener and desperate defending played a part in Mutch's winner, well struck though it was. Bryan Ruiz had equalised before the interval.

Malky Mackay described his side's performance as dominant: "I think we got our just rewards in the end. We deserved to win the game."

http://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/jol-feeling-the-heat-29618557.html

ScalleysDad

Quote from: WhiteJC on September 29, 2013, 09:43:47 AM

Let it be
By rich on September 29, 2013

I hate football and football fans when it gets like this.   I don't want to get all sensitive on you or anything, but in what other sphere of life do you find a large group of grown men shouting furiously at another man?  It's basically football managers and murderers and rapists awaiting trial, which suggests that some people need to get some perspective.

That said, the team needs to get better.  Here is the latest whoscored.com summary of our game:

We've been highlighting this problem for the last two weeks but yet again, Fulham have been completely undone by their absolute inability to stop another team from playing.  To be outshot at home by a margin of 22-9 against a newly promoted side is a) terrible but b) not a surprise.

It's hideous and I don't understand it.  If there is to be a new manager he has an open goal before him: start again, build from the back, win some games.  I am baffled why Jol didn't tighten right up for today's game, opposition be damned.  Just start trying to get things right, start playing a proper team game.  But no, we got another ridiculous performance and a well deserved defeat.

Jol and his team are paid a lot of money and need to fix this.  It's not just amateur speculation as to what a problem might be, it's a bloody obvious assessment based on facts.  It can't continue like this.

http://cravencottagenewsround.wordpress.com/2013/09/29/let-it-be/?

I have done as many 'badges' as I care to do and have also put quite a few miles in travelling on team buses with kit bags, medical bags and team analysis sheets. Just for my own piece of mind .............. what constitutes a dribble?

stevehawkinslidingtackle

Quote from: ScalleysDad on September 29, 2013, 10:37:18 AM
Quote from: WhiteJC on September 29, 2013, 09:43:47 AM

Let it be
By rich on September 29, 2013

I hate football and football fans when it gets like this.   I don't want to get all sensitive on you or anything, but in what other sphere of life do you find a large group of grown men shouting furiously at another man?  It's basically football managers and murderers and rapists awaiting trial, which suggests that some people need to get some perspective.

That said, the team needs to get better.  Here is the latest whoscored.com summary of our game:

We've been highlighting this problem for the last two weeks but yet again, Fulham have been completely undone by their absolute inability to stop another team from playing.  To be outshot at home by a margin of 22-9 against a newly promoted side is a) terrible but b) not a surprise.

It's hideous and I don't understand it.  If there is to be a new manager he has an open goal before him: start again, build from the back, win some games.  I am baffled why Jol didn't tighten right up for today's game, opposition be damned.  Just start trying to get things right, start playing a proper team game.  But no, we got another ridiculous performance and a well deserved defeat.

Jol and his team are paid a lot of money and need to fix this.  It's not just amateur speculation as to what a problem might be, it's a bloody obvious assessment based on facts.  It can't continue like this.

http://cravencottagenewsround.wordpress.com/2013/09/29/let-it-be/?

I have done as many 'badges' as I care to do and have also put quite a few miles in travelling on team buses with kit bags, medical bags and team analysis sheets. Just for my own piece of mind .............. what constitutes a dribble?

Running with the ball at your feet, going past players. A wingers job. Watch Messi play, and that is basically it.