watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Fofin' France

Started by FC Silver Fox, January 29, 2010, 09:34:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FC Silver Fox

Apart from tjl who can actually see the French coast when the sea mist clears in Sark, are there any other Fulham fans in France ?
As most of you know, I live in Lyon, France.
Finn and Corked Hat, you are forever part of the family.

Steve_orino

Shirley Mr Fox, you can't be the only 'connection to France' that FoF has...

Come on France, let's hear from ya!
Fulham Supporter - Est. 03/2008
"My aim is to stabilise, sustain, and have the club move forward." Shad Khan 07/2013
@Borino09

Logicalman

Quote from: FC Silver Fox on January 29, 2010, 09:34:26 AM
Apart from tjl who can actually see the French coast when the sea mist clears in Sark, are there any other Fulham fans in France ?
As most of you know, I live in Lyon, France.

I got deported from France in my youth .. does that count?

finnster01

I was in a good old fashioned bar brawl once in the harbor district in Bordeaux. Some local heroes decided to have a go at what they thought were the average couple of British tourists. They shouldn't. Didn't get deported though, so I guess it doesn't count either
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

tjl

As look from my seat through the window it's a bright fine day and the French coast is as clear as can be it's one of the best days this year, can't see any Fulham flags if i do will report in.

tjl

I have have been to France and it's full of French people and you just can't understand them, as soon as you speak one world in schoolboy French off that go 10'000 per min i'm lost they can be speaking Yiddish i just don't get it and thay can't play Cricket!

clintclintdeuce

One time I was in France and I may or may not have used FoF.
The Dude abides.

RidgeRider

Speaking of France SilverFox, did you know that recently a Spanish farmer won some coveted award for the best foie gras in the world? And he doesn't use a forced feeding method? Just uses natural feeding cycles and a food variety on his property that flavors the liver so nicely that you don't even have to add salt or herbs?

jarv

My french experience, some good some not...

Used to go to paris on business a lot. I was probably there about 3 weeks before I actually had what I would call good food. You need to know where to go because it is not automatic (unlike Italy, where EVERY meal I had was excellent, even when I did not know what I was ordering.)

Long time ago, but favourite place was terminus nord, opposite gar du nord station. Not the best area though (a bit like kings Cross). One evening, in a bar across the road, went to the toilet to find a guy groaning in a cubicle which was open, but not for the usual reason....blood everywhere, he had just cut his wrists. First thought, you must live around here, it is a bit depressing! Just kidding! The barman thought he was with me, I passed the buck and left for my meal.

Love the northern coast, St. malo, Mt St. Michel, great place for a weekend.

On my travels, always tried to take in a game, Ajax, rapid Vienna, padova (where lalas played), even saw Northern ireland play Austria in vienna....never one in France though. I gather the atmosphere is quite good.

Paris, fantastic city.

finnster01

Paris sucks arse. Never once had a good time in Paris ever.

Bordeaux and the Dordogne area on the other hand, great place. They actually even speak decent English there
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

Logicalman

Okay then, never backwards at coming forwards .. I have an ex-colleague who retired across the channel and opened a guest house, or B&B, or something like that (looks a little poshe on the web site).

Thought I would give him some support, so if your thinking of taking a break over there, consider this place .. http://www.lescluseaux.com/, his name is Graham, really nice chap.

FatFreddysCat

I've seen Fulham play Espanyol in Le tuoget or whatever it's called , and i saw about 1500 Fulham fans there  :54: . Didn't make the Schouxah ????? game though.

tjl

After a few weeks in the UK it's good to be back in my chair looking at the French coast and it's a great sunrise this morning, still no FOF flags to be seen.

CorkedHat

Quote from: Logicalman on February 24, 2010, 10:11:09 AM

Okay then, never backwards at coming forwards .. I have an ex-colleague who retired across the channel and opened a guest house, or B&B, or something like that (looks a little poshe on the web site).

Thought I would give him some support, so if your thinking of taking a break over there, consider this place .. http://www.lescluseaux.com/, his name is Graham, really nice chap.

Didn't Sad Old Git have a Guest House in France. I know that he came back to England to live because I met him on my trip to the UK but I had the impression he intended going back to France.
What we do for others will live on. What we do for ourselves will die with us

Logicalman

Quote from: CorkedHat on May 03, 2010, 12:42:45 PM
Quote from: Logicalman on February 24, 2010, 10:11:09 AM

Didn't Sad Old Git have a Guest House in France. I know that he came back to England to live because I met him on my trip to the UK but I had the impression he intended going back to France.

Dunno CH. Unfortunately not the same guy though ... this guy (Graham) has very little interest in football.  :002:

HatterDon

did a lot of visiting, but I've never lived in France. Haven't been there since 1992 or so. I quite like France and the French people. I'm so pleased that I can say that and not be called a "Traitor to my Nation." How dare them Froggies not help us attack that country that had nothing to do with 9/11!

After several visits to Paris, I finally discovered how to be served promptly and politely in restaurants -- I ordered in German  :52:
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel